Non-O - Marriage Visas, Multiple Entry - Neighboring Countries Recently?

In December I got one 5000 Baht. Fill out the form yourself as the people outside the gate did not seem to comprehend English. At least the one I stopped at didn't I corrected her so many times, she just gave me a new form to fill out myself. Marriage cert, Wifes ID and house book. Your passport and visa page. Maybe more but others can correct me.

Have another look. The pinned topic Latest Reports Of Getting A Visa In The Region lists the latest reports made by members about visas received in the region and was last updated yesterday at 16:27 UTC.

I reckon you will have a full-time job keeping the local Multi-O list updated and current.

There have been reports from both KL and Savannakhet of only getting a single-entry Non-O and being told to get an extension on that after you enter Thailand and before the 90-days expire.

Concurrently, there have also been reports of having no problems getting a multiple Non-O in Savannakhet either with or without being asked to supply proof of financials.

It appears that KL is the only one consistently asking to see proof of 100k baht in a Thai account. Savannakhet have recently accepted proof of 100k baht between personal and joint account.

It does appear to be a bit of a lottery at Savannakhet regarding proof of financials being requested so better bring them anyway.

You didn't include my December 2012 Jakarta report - no problems from Jakarta.

You're right, I missed that one, one year to the day after your previous visa from Jakarta. I have added it now.

Do you know that you could have got an additional 90 days out of your old visa by doing another border run the day before its expiration date? This would give you a chance to see Jakarta at different times of the year from one visa application to the next. Just a thought.

Ok, forgive me if I'm re-asking an already answered question here but :

As a UK citizen married to a Thai who can easily demonstrate a healthy bank balance in a Thai bank, can I get a multiple entry one year visa based on marriage in either Laos or KL?

I work rotations offshore so a single entry is a waste of time and I want the long visa to firstly get my Thai driving license and following that register vehicles in my name.

Grateful for a any advice....

Ok, another general question :

I've done the KL trip and find it a reasonably enjoyable place to visit but nothing special. Any thoughts from posters about the relative merits of Savannakhet in terms of cost, things to do or see while there, ease of travel, quality/speed of service at the embassy?

KL

did 1-year-non-O multiple in Dec 2012.

no problems at all.

submitted docs:

-my wife's thai id + signed copy

-house book original + signed copies

-letter from her in thai & english requesting to grant the visa

-marriage cert + copy signed by both

-my passport and copy (signed)

-recent passport sized photo

-bank statement showing 100k+ (was not checked and returned)

-scans of bank book and all pages, all copies signed

Fee: 550 RM (5500 Baht)

visa collection: next working day 14:30-16:00

advise: check before for possible Thai or Malay public holidays. embassy will be closed

• Like 1

See this post here -

I've just returned from Savannakhet, Laos, where I was granted a one-year, multiple entry Non-O visa (Non-O Thai Spouse). No problems at all and no evidence of funds required.

I took a rather convoluted route, flying to Nakhon Phanom, spending a night in Mukdahan, and then crossing the bridge the following morning. I spent a night in Savannakhet and then returned back to Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom - spent a night in Nakhon Phanom and the flew back to Bangkok today.

It was a fun trip...

Pics are here...

http://photos.58bits.com/a-short-trip-to-savannakhet-laos/

• Like 1

You didn't include my December 2012 Jakarta report - no problems from Jakarta.

You're right, I missed that one, one year to the day after your previous visa from Jakarta. I have added it now.

Do you know that you could have got an additional 90 days out of your old visa by doing another border run the day before its expiration date? This would give you a chance to see Jakarta at different times of the year from one visa application to the next. Just a thought.

Yes, but there's no point, I work in Indonesia so am in and out every couple of weeks.

As a UK citizen married to a Thai who can easily demonstrate a healthy bank balance in a Thai bank, can I get a multiple entry one year visa based on marriage in either Laos or KL?

I work rotations offshore so a single entry is a waste of time and I want the long visa to firstly get my Thai driving license and following that register vehicles in my name.

Yes you can get a multiple entry at either location. Kl will want to see a bank book with 100K balance.

There is no requirement for you to have a non immigrant visa entry to get a drivers license or registering a vehicle just that you have a certificate of residence.

But you may find that having a multiple entry visa will not help with getting a certificate of residence at immigration. Many offices will not issue them unless you are on an extension of stay and making 90 day reports. For many the only option is to get proof of residence from their embassy or consulate.

• Like 1

Yes you can get a multiple entry at either location. Kl will want to see a bank book with 100K balance.

There is no requirement for you to have a non immigrant visa entry to get a drivers license or registering a vehicle just that you have a certificate of residence.

But you may find that having a multiple entry visa will not help with getting a certificate of residence at immigration. Many offices will not issue them unless you are on an extension of stay and making 90 day reports. For many the only option is to get proof of residence from their embassy or consulate.

Thx for the post joe - by "certificate of residence", do you mean the one issued by the UK embassy? how easy is that to get? Does it need to be translated into Thai? I'll be in BKK soon and can get all that done then and avoid the whole visa run.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all,

Sorry to the OP, don't mean to hijack his thread, but just extending on this particular topic...

I am not married, under 50, but do have way more than 100k in my thai bank account.

Basically I am keen on learning more about investing in the thai stockmarket and/or property, and would like the convenience of a multiple entry visa.

On this basis what are my chances of gettiing a multi entry visa approved? Is KL a better option for this for some reason??

There is no chance of any non immigrant visa being issued for stated reasons unless it involves more than 10 million baht - most people will use the education study Thai option when others are not open to them as serves the visa issue and and benefit of allowing improvement of language if you take advantage of it.

thanks lop,

so basically your saying my only option remaining is a tourist visa with a one month extension. I want to stay up to 90 days at a time, after which i spend about 6 weeks in Australia and repeat the process.

lop, I also found one of your quotes on another thread, hoping you can explain further what you mean by:

Visa exempt entry can be 14 to 90 days depending on country passport you hold and can also change by method of entry.

Oh, forgot to ask, a non-immigrant visa aka Multiple Entry visa, they are basically the same correct?

Edited by Straight8

A non immigrant visa can be one entry of 90 days (or one year in case of O-A long stay) and a multi entry version would be valid for one year of such entries.

Visa exempt entry varies by the nationality of the traveler - most get 15 days by land or 30 days by air but some get less and some get more. But it is not a choice you have - but determined by agreements with Thailand and your home country.

For your 3 month stays a tourist visa extended seems to be the best choice.