Thai Bum Gun Or European Bidet?

Chittychangchang

They perfected the ping pong show.

No?

They're not perfect. I've watched a few, I should know. rolleyes.gif

Is that what it is? I read in a tourist guide that some women in certain place perform some unhygienic acts that involve sports equipment.

I now feel disappointed! I think my imagination was running wild, when a pommel horse came to mind.

post-155923-0-12972100-1361003377_thumb.

The other major superior advancement is having a drain hole in the bathroom. Like why can't anyone in the West think of that. Like a Thai bathroom, all you have to do is use the bum gun and spray down the entire bathroom and it all drains out. The entire bathroom is clean very quick and efficiently. A Western bathroom you can't just spray down with water cause there's no place for it to drain. I mean what kind of thinking is it that you already have a drain for the bathtub and shower, yet don't put in a drain to spray down the entire bathroom?

Ehhh....well, actually; a drain in the bathroom IS standard in a lot of western countries. Granted, UK is not one of them. Here you're more likely to find carpet in the bathroom.

From a building standard point of view, I'd say Thailand and UK are on the exakt same level (nothing conforms to a standard, quality is scarce), excluded the bathroom drain and bum gun...(sorry BSI, you failed)

They perfected the ping pong show.

No?

They're not perfect. I've watched a few, I should know. rolleyes.gif

Is that what it is? I read in a tourist guide that some women in certain place perform some unhygienic acts that involve sports equipment.

I now feel disappointed! I think my imagination was running wild, when a pommel horse came to mind.

Now now, don't be disappointed. You could be onto something with that pommel horse idea. Let me sound out some showgirls on this tonight. They're quite the accomodating type. :)

• Like 1

The Thai bum gun by far. I've seen the bidets in hotels I have been at, but tI didn't quite know how to use so I avoided. (Looked kind of creepy.)

I must also say that Thai bathroom technology is far superior to Western bathroom technology.

The Thai bum gun is yet only one example. Simple and effective. The other major superior advancement is having a drain hole in the bathroom. Like why can't anyone in the West think of that. Like a Thai bathroom, all you have to do is use the bum gun and spray down the entire bathroom and it all drains out. The entire bathroom is clean very quick and efficiently. A Western bathroom you can't just spray down with water cause there's no place for it to drain. I mean what kind of thinking is it that you already have a drain for the bathtub and shower, yet don't put in a drain to spray down the entire bathroom?

The houses arent made of concrete in general and you might find it a bit chilly when the water temperature from the gun was about 3c as we have something called "winter" over there.

Something Im not keen on is the amount of water left after this cleaning up, it just encourages mold especially in tiled areas, If it could be contained only to the bowl it would be better, the wife gets the water absolutely everywhere!!!

Trust me Uk plumbing fittings are way way better than ANY Thai fittings, they have the worlds sloppiest threads on their joints Ive ever seen, its crude to say the least

Edited by rattler

Should be mandatory in the building code in all western countries.

Yep! It's always a problem back home, even in 5-Star hotels, there is no bum gun. Bidets aren't a real solution. I normally use paper for a first cleaning, and then sit on the edge of the bathtub and use the shower for the rest.

My Asian girlfriends always shower completely. My Western girlfriends.... better don't think too much.....

For about 6 months out of the year, the water temp in Chicago is not conducive to using an unheated bum gun. Trust me on this.

Real men use bum guns even in winter!

Real men also get drunk everyday and smoke like troopers, real men die young, glad I aint a real man

An American here

We, in the US, have neither the bidet or a bum gun.

Most of my friends (and myself included) have both wetwipes and TP available.

wetwipes are akin to flushable diper wipes for babies. its a moist wipe with lotion in it.

I perfer the wetwipes to the bum gun.

When i first got to TL, i actually didnt know what the bum gun was used for.

Cleaning the toilet? washing your feet?

then one night, after it appears i ate something that didnt agree with me

I realized exactly what it was there for thumbsup.gif

NICE! but i still would have rather had the wetwipes.

Glad i found this topic, AFTER unch!

Edited by jamhar