Pvc/aluminium Windows And Doors

teletiger

IF I was building again I would give Euro PVC a try! :D

Thet look to have a professional set up.

you wouldnt happen to be linked to this firm CGW ? :o

No, I'm not in any way - If you read this thread from the start, and note the dates. :D

It has got easier over the years to buy goods in Pattaya, all I want is the easiest to get, best value\quality option. :D

Having seen the link to project........... I would try them as well

Cheers

• 1 year later...
There is a UPVC window Factory in Ban Ampur It is at the back of the HomeMart shop on the South bound carriageway just past the Ambassador.

I just did my new 550 sq mtr house, all doors and windows. Comparitive quotes:

UPVC baht 348,642 from above source

Black ano alu 166,000 source 1

Black ano alu 153,000 source 2

Black ano alu 128,000 source 3

Needless to say I used source 3.

The workmanship is very good, the job took only a few days despite some very odd shaped windows and them having to build their frames around steel supports.

I have heavy weight 6mm dark glass and some very large panels indeed.

The lady boss speaks perfect English. She supplies to a lot of the major condo's under construction. Talking to other ppl in the trade is seems her prices are consistantly up to 30% cheaper than the next nearest other quote.

I just had them make up fly screens for me on everything for another 17k

If you happen to need the number pm me.

hello roly,

I'm very interested in your 'source 3 ' 128.000 baht supplier of alu windows. I'll be gratefull if you can give me an adress or phonenumber.

Thanks a lot

On Saturday I went in search of shop mentioned out by Ambassodor, never did find it, but noticed shop at the turn off to Phoenix with windows\doors, in we went.

Good quality for Alu etc, price cheap, (too cheap I thought?)

So this morning, (Monday) they arrived to measure up, as promised, told them ok.

4pm same day doors were in place (made to fit)! splendid result,

Price only 4k Baht more than A*C wonted for fitting alone.

Can highly recomend this company. :)

Do you have any adress or phonenumber of this company?

• 4 months later...
There is a UPVC window Factory in Ban Ampur It is at the back of the HomeMart shop on the South bound carriageway just past the Ambassador.

The workmanship is very good, the job took only a few days despite some very odd shaped windows and them having to build their frames around steel supports.

The lady boss speaks perfect English. She supplies to a lot of the major condo's under construction. Talking to other ppl in the trade is seems her prices are consistantly up to 30% cheaper than the next nearest other quote.

thks for all that info.gee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
The topic is ressurrected as I am about to start building and am seeking a window/door supplier..

I don't know whether I will opt for PVC or aluminium as the budget will decide that.

I'd hope some of you who kindly posted above might update any contact details for suppliers you have used and who have satisfied you.

Grateful for any assistance especially re Ban Amphur (my building site) supplier mentioned above but never found!.

The PVC window 'factory' is still there, right at the Homemart shop on the South bound carriageway when I went by there yesterday I noticed that it hasn't moved even one inch from my last post in may 2007 except they now have a new front.

Further south just before Ban Ampur on the left hand side and just before the traffic lights is an Aluminum window shop who do good work at reasonable prices. It's the first two units in a block of shop houses.

Those are the only two I know of in Ban Ampur.

Rimmer: I am looking into having my lousy, cheap wood windows replaced. I got a quote from one of the PVC companies mentioned here, and it was quite expensive. I am now going to look into alum. How have yours held up since you installed them? Are you still happy? Personally, I think they look better than the PVC windows...especially if you have a tropical/Bali style house. They seem to fit in much better. I did replace one window in the maid's room already with alum...that wood color alum. Looks pretty darn good.

I had quotes for UVPVC and it was expensive, prices have come down since then but Alu is still cheaper.

There are three grades of Alu frames, the cheapest are so thin they rattle when the wind blows, the most expensive are mmmm expensive but the middle grade are just right, dark anodized finish, look good and last, the only problem would be that the window and sliding door catches are not as secure as the UVPVC fittings.

If you get mosquito frames make sure you have the steel mesh not the nylon mesh, much much stronger.

I had one big alu sliding door from the Ban Ampur alu shop, no problems at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I would not have thought uPVC window frames in a tropical country is a good choice,with the ultra violet effect from the sun on them,they start powdering and getting dis-coloured pretty rapidly,plus they are plastic and would get brittle over time.

I had quotes for UVPVC and it was expensive, prices have come down since then but Alu is still cheaper.

Not if you go for the quality aluminum.Compare Upvc with the quality aluminum from sunparadise in and you will find that alu is more expensive.Of course not if you compare it with the overpriced quotes from a certain shop on sukhumvith.

I would not have thought uPVC window frames in a tropical country is a good choice,with the ultra violet effect from the sun on them,they start powdering and getting dis-coloured pretty rapidly,plus they are plastic and would get brittle over time.

That is what the U stands for in the description.

That is what the U stands for in the description.

What does the "U" in uPVC supposedly with ultra violet protection mean? I thought it meant unplasticed or unmodified,nothing to do with ultra violet protection.I still think the heat from the sun in tropical climes will have an adverse effect,me? I'd go with metal or hardwood.

Want good aluminum windows call Windows View 0890122302

• 2 weeks later...

Thailands online busines is very shi.!!! I wrote to 11 companys for a quotation of 2 pvc-windows and 1 sliding door and got in 9 days after my email only 2 quotations. The most companies are to busy to wrote back to me.

The 2 companies who wrote back are:

HEVTA (http://www.hevta.co.th/) 57.408.- Baht include installation (5.000 Baht).

WR VINYL (http://www.wrvinyl.com) 39,970.- Baht include installation.

For the others maybe the deal was to small for earn money. But for shure they never get a bigger quotation asking from me!!! If you want the full list of companies about the quotation asking, send me a pm.

• 1 year later...

If you have the number, drop me a line. Thanks

If you have their phone number and/or address please let me know.