Expats Selling Items On Ebay While Abroad

persianpower

Expats selling items on EBAY while abroad

I have a suitcase in storage in a Kunming, China youth hostel. When i pick it up, I really don't want to carry it around anymore. It is full of useful travel items such as travel iron, yoga mat, winter clothes, etc...

Instead of shipping it home (and thus wasting money), I'd like to sell the suitcase and its contents (to fellow travellers perhaps) on EBAY.

I have no Ebay EXPERIENCE, but willing to learn quickly.

My question is will people buy used clothes on EBAY? If so, will they buy them if I post a Chinese address? After all, I plan to relocate to Shanghai after I pick up my things in KUNMING.

In Shanghai, I'd like to open an EBAY account and start mailing these goods out from my apartment.

Is all this at all realistic? Or am i better off shipping the suitcase home so my mom can put it in her closet for eternity?

Expats selling items on EBAY while abroad

I have a suitcase in storage in a Kunming, China youth hostel. When i pick it up, I really don't want to carry it around anymore. It is full of useful travel items such as travel iron, yoga mat, winter clothes, etc...

Instead of shipping it home (and thus wasting money), I'd like to sell the suitcase and its contents (to fellow travellers perhaps) on EBAY.

I have no Ebay EXPERIENCE, but willing to learn quickly.

My question is will people buy used clothes on EBAY? If so, will they buy them if I post a Chinese address? After all, I plan to relocate to Shanghai after I pick up my things in KUNMING.

In Shanghai, I'd like to open an EBAY account and start mailing these goods out from my apartment.

Is all this at all realistic? Or am i better off shipping the suitcase home so my mom can put it in her closet for eternity?

Hi there,

here is my opinion...

The second option (sending home to your mom)makes more sense...too many scammers on Ebay (mostly from west Africa).

rcm :o

So what if you have valuable antiques and collectibles from around the globe like I do? I don't want to go home and deal with it but could get someone to post photos on e-bay.

Is this a viable alternative or should I turn the lot over to an auction house? It's just all to hard from here! :o

• 3 weeks later...