Visa extension (non-immigrant "o")

Hi folks!

I'm married to a Thai lady and I'm from the USA. I came here on a Non-immigrant class "O" visa. We're legally registered as married in the US. According to the Immigration Dept., we're required to transfer in at least 200,000 baht from the US each year to show that I'm financially independent. What we don't understand is why we can't show a balance in our Thai bank account each year rather than transfer the money. Does somebody know if I can be registered as a dependent since I'm not working? Would it make a difference as far as what we would need to show in order to extend my visa each year?

We've been going to the immigration people twice already and now we need to go again next month as my application is "under consideration". We're told I must report to immigration every 90 days to confirm my address here in Bangkok. If anyone has any information, we would appreciate it. Thank you.

Beacuse you are on a marriage visa, you need to show source of income coming from abroad. Because you don't work here with work permit you would need to prove what you live on...

The best is that you transfer in 200K baht every year, just a month before the yearly extension. The balamce don't need to be 200K during that year, it can be much lower, in fact zero baht.

All holders of one year extensions must report every 90 days to immigartion, if you are not travelling out in any 90 days period.