Automatic Gear Box-oil Change?

Need some help and advise please:

I have a Nissan Cefiro 3000cc, bought a couple of months ago, verything is fine so far.

But since a couple of days allways when I make a "kickdown" to full accelerate the engine only goes up without any grip from the gear box.

Oil in the aut. gearbox is enough, may be it's time to change???

I hope nothing worse :o

Thanks for your help!

Gerd

I have a Nissan Cefiro 3000cc, bought a couple of months ago, verything is fine so far.

But since a couple of days allways when I make a "kickdown" to full accelerate the engine only goes up without any grip from the gear box.

Thanks for your help!

Gerd

Does the box actually change down? If not it may be the linkage from the throttle to the box out of adjustment / dropped off.

"Most manufacturers require that you check transmission fluid levels when the vehicle is running and on level ground. Pull the transmission dipstick out and check the fluid for color and odor. Transmission fluid is a transparent red oil that looks something like cherry cough syrup. If the fluid is cloudy or muddy, or it has a burned odor, you should have it checked by your technician who will most likely advise you to have a transmission drain and refill or transmission tune-up. "

"Transmission fluid should be changed periodically. Your owner's manual should give you the recommended intervals which could be anywhere from 15,000 miles to 100,000 miles. Most transmission experts recommend changing the fluid and filter every 25,000 miles."

Source: http://www.familycar.com/transmission.htm

I has mine gearbox oil changed recently in Bangkok, the shop used a suction machine to suck the dirty oil out thereafter a complete filter clean out. If you change the gasket, make sure that the mechanic doing it right and do it well.

Thanks for your help!

Gerd

I dont think it is anything to do with your oil as long as it has enough oil it sounds like loose bands to me if the new ones still have them. Should be just a ajustment. Try not to let it slip because you will burn it out very quickly

Sounds like a case of flaring which is usually caused by the clutches being burnt.Modern auto gearboxes are sometimes sealed for life but I think the oil should be changed if possible every 50,000 miles.Many manufacturers omit any auto gearbox oil servicing from their schedules which I think is negligent.