The Puyai Ban Is Gone

HeijoshinCool

Puyai Ban is a position of great responsibility in a town of 3000. Should be setting an example to the younger generation, yes?

A few days ago:

He started at 7 p.m., drank all night, stumbled to his car at 10 the next morning. Reportedly, no one tried to take his keys. He does this often, never a problem before.

No sleep, an astronomical blood alcohol level, tried to pass on the blind curve he's passed on for twenty years. Never a problem before! This time, a really big truck with a full load of felled rubber trees was using said curve. Said trucks slow for no one.

Splat.

Headman has a head-on.

Right in front of the high school. A few students on motorbikes just avoided being squished.

Puyai Ban did, arguably, set an example to the high-schoolers, who helped extract and peel his anatomy from his car: how not to behave in public office.

Who gets the job then?

Dunno. But maybe I can enjoy a month or two of more campaign trucks blaring crappy music at distorted levels. Too bad one of them doesn't get smacked by a log truck.

If I was ever to pay a hitman........

I was sitting in a street cafe last week at CM Gate and there were four of those guys in a row in front of me, waiting ages to exit a junction.

It's torture I'm telling you, torture!!!

<deleted>. I feel sorry for his family, but I dont for him. What an idiot.

The wife and daughter, for some reason, were driving another car, right behind him.

Just making sure the truck was coming when it was supposed to be coming.

Who gets the job then?

Dunno. But maybe I can enjoy a month or two of more campaign trucks blaring crappy music at distorted levels. Too bad one of them doesn't get smacked by a log truck.

If I was ever to pay a hitman........

I was sitting in a street cafe last week at CM Gate and there were four of those guys in a row in front of me, waiting ages to exit a junction.

It's torture I'm telling you, torture!!!

The campaign headquarters (read: carport) of the challenger is one house down from mine. His truck sits there, frightening wildlife and crumbling mortar, a number of hours a day. The incumbent's truck often parks across the street and challenges the challenger, as it were. This afternoon, I tried to read, help a kid with her English, and stay cool (it's my name, after all), but two hours and four baby aspirin later, I spent 10 minutes packing up to go someplace quiet.

As I pulled out, they left. Bastards.

• Like 2

<deleted>. I feel sorry for his family, but I dont for him. What an idiot.

The wife and daughter, for some reason, were driving another car, right behind him.

Just making sure the truck was coming when it was supposed to be coming.

The grapevine reports they couldn't get all of him out of the car. Bet there's photos floating about somewhere.