Non B Visa, Leaving Employment Options?

Guys i'm currently on a Non B visa that was extended by my work. Its valid until Dec 2013..

From what i have searched on here is if i leave my job i have to leave the country on my last day of employment as the extension was given to me because of work so the Non B i have becomes void..

Thing is i plan to stay in Thailand for a few more months..

Can i simply just fly out and return and get a 30day Visa on arrival for tourist purpose? and just do a visa run every 30day?

or i had the idea of coming back into thailand for 30days going to visit a friend in Australia and apply for a 90 day visa while in Australia?

I hold a UK passport.

Will i need to go to immigration with my work for any cancellation of anything. My work hold my permit.

Both your work permit (at Labor) and extension of stay (at immigration) should be canceled. You can fly back in for 30 days or better yet take a night or two in Malaysia or elsewhere to obtain a tourist visa to allow up to 90 days. You can fly in and each time get 30 days however if you return by land it will be 15 days. You can also do the Oz trip to obtain the visa.

I'm kind of in the same predicament. My Non B expires on the 31st March. I have a multiple entry and leaving Thailand on the 14th returning on the 28th March. Does that mean I get 90 days extra on the Non B or do I go onto a tourist visa? I hate that nothing regarding visas in Thailand is ever clear.

I'm kind of in the same predicament. My Non B expires on the 31st March. I have a multiple entry and leaving Thailand on the 14th returning on the 28th March. Does that mean I get 90 days extra on the Non B or do I go onto a tourist visa? I hate that nothing regarding visas in Thailand is ever clear.

A visa is different, it is valid until the last stamp, an extension from within Thailand is only valid until the reason for the extension ends.

If you have a non immigrant B multi entry visa and return during the validity you will indeed get a new 90 day stay. It will not be a tourist visa.

This is excellent news :) Thank you. Hoping to find a new job so I can extend the non B without having to leave Thailand. Hoping this is possible though it might not be since the visa is issued for a certain job? I don't know.

If you have a non immigrant B multi entry visa and return during the validity you will indeed get a new 90 day stay. It will not be a tourist visa.

This is excellent news smile.png Thank you. Hoping to find a new job so I can extend the non B without having to leave Thailand. Hoping this is possible though it might not be since the visa is issued for a certain job? I don't know.

Was your current NON B given to you by your current employer at immigration office or by yourself before you came to Thailand?

This is excellent news smile.png Thank you. Hoping to find a new job so I can extend the non B without having to leave Thailand. Hoping this is possible though it might not be since the visa is issued for a certain job? I don't know.

The One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Category 'B' Visa (which is obtained outside of Thailand) is not locked to a specific employer, or Work Permit for that matter, even though that employer/WP, etc, may have assisted your visa application.

Leave and re-enter Thailand any time(s) before the 'Use Before' date and you will get another 90 days.

Get a new job and the current Non 'B' entry stamp in your passport can be used to support the issue of a new Work Permit.

Edited by digitalchromakey

Normally you would of only gotten a single entry visa In Laos.

I suspect you made a trip to immigration and got an extension of stay with a multiple re-entry permit and do not have a valid visa at this time.

In this case you would need to leave the country on the date your employment ends or get a 7 day extension at immigration (1900 baht).

Edited by ubonjoe

I got a multiple entry 1 year extension last year at immigration. It's still valid till March 31st. But I'll get 90 days when I come back into Thailand on the 28th March.

I don't think you will legally get 90 days, if you are on a one year extension of stay, it will be finished with your employment.

I got a multiple entry 1 year extension last year at immigration. It's still valid till March 31st. But I'll get 90 days when I come back into Thailand on the 28th March.

As soon as you leave your current employment that visa will be void and will have to leave the country..

So school closes around the 12th March. I'm leaving Thailand on the 14th, so when I return on the 28th can I ask for a tourist visa at the airport?

That's so annoying, was really hoping I would get an extra 90 days.

Assuming you are from one of the qualifying countries, you can fly in and get a 30 day visa exempt entry, cross at a land border to get a 15 day exempt entry. Also, could apply for a Tourist Visa at a conuslate.

Edited by beechguy

You need to cancel your work permit and extension of stay before you leave. School can do work permit but you need to go to immigration to cancel extension.

You will get a 30 visa exempt entry when you return (not a tourist visa).

If you plan on staying longer you should get a tourist visa from an embassy or consulate before you return.

There is no way I'm going to immigrationwhistling.gif , it's a 3 hour horror drive that's why I usually leave the country every 90 days for a 'trip'.blink.png I am visa exempt. What's the worst that can happen if I havent cancelled my visa?

Then can stop you from leaving and get you to get a letter from your school and go to Immigration to get the Extension cancelled.

You will not be allowed to cross border until you do so - and pay overstay - of face jail - and/or all of the above. That said you may be able to just exit and return with visa exempt or visa entry but if you later seek employment or other extensions it could become an issue.

There is no way I'm going to immigrationwhistling.gif , it's a 3 hour horror drive that's why I usually leave the country every 90 days for a 'trip'.blink.png I am visa exempt. What's the worst that can happen if I havent cancelled my visa?

Then can stop you from leaving and get you to get a letter from your school and go to Immigration to get the Extension cancelled.

Do you know if it's possible to send a letter cancelling it to immigration?

You will not be allowed to cross border until you do so - and pay overstay - of face jail - and/or all of the above. That said you may be able to just exit and return with visa exempt or visa entry but if you later seek employment or other extensions it could become an issue.

The last thing I want is problems so I want to do this the correct way. I just cant bear immigration.

As said you may not have issues - but they are getting much more interested in having extensions of stay properly canceled when the reason for them ends and now require you sign special paperwork during the extension process of your understanding of this requirement. We have had several reports of people turned around at Nong Khai crossing when immigration determined they had not yet done so.

The non immigrant B visa was used when you initially arrived - you are on an extension of stay for employment - you can not return from an exit to continue that stay without a re-entry permit but exit itself does not cancel anything.

I realize you are trying to avoid going to immigration but what everyone is trying to tell you is that you are required to cancel the extension with immigration. Your company has to provide you with a letter stating the last day of employment. There are several border checkpoints who will not allow you to leave without the cancelled visa stamp in your passport.

Now it may be possible and may be over looked by some but as a previous poster has listed the Nong Khai immigration will not allow you to exit Thailand. If you wait till your visa expires you will be in an overstay situation as well as still being required to get the exit stamp.

The non immigrant B visa was used when you initially arrived - you are on an extension of stay for employment - you can not return from an exit to continue that stay without a re-entry permit but exit itself does not cancel anything.

Sorry for the continuous questions. This is a lot to comprehend with and somehow I just need to figure out how to make it work with my current travel plans. I have a re-entry permit. I've attached what's in my passport. Thanks for all the information. Do you know if I can cancel the NON B at an Immigration in BKK or does it have to be Chacheonsao where I would normally go?post-151953-0-46288000-1361264892_thumb.post-151953-0-66814800-1361264896_thumb.

Normally only the office issuing the extension would cancel it. I am not sure what your travel plan is but if you plan to exit in Bangkok it is probably not going to be an issue at that point unless employer has notified immigration of your end of employment status before then.