Scottish Tourist's Sexual Assault Claim Disputed: Thailand

webfact

The suspect said he then attempted to have sex with her twice but claimed she did not resist his advances.

Pongpat claimed he did not ejaculate.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-20

Attempted, if she did not resist, then why attempted...

Coincidence?

The fact that she is said to leave tomorrow looks like an real good opportunity to throw any possible BS at the face of reporters...

Whose reporting is really a shame tbh, let's hope we can blame translation.....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is common behaviour in Thailand. Ask the writer of the song Bad man of Krabi. A drunk girl or woman in the company of men who drinks cannot be raped. Just like a 12 year old torture victim is not able to tell the truth, especially when it is not a Thai citizen. That's why Thai justice has such a great name abroad.

Told you so?

"rape confession" becomes "attempt to have unresisted sex with her" which she was alleged to have enjoyed.

The amount of contradictory/revised reporting already should have been a good hint.

The suspect said he then attempted to have sex with her twice but claimed she did not resist his advances.

The suspect and his friends said the woman kept repeating, "Ok. Good".

Pongpat claimed he did not ejaculate. Ronnapong said the sexual attacks took place between 3.14am and 3.45am.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-20

"Alleged" to have enjoyed. As stated by the Alleged Rapist. This in no way confirms that she did in fact enjoy the experience.

How many rapists have said, "She wanted it and she enjoyed it"

They have just arrested someone who has confessed to to twice raping the girl. Sorry, but it is in Thai.

http://www.matichon....atid=&subcatid=

I just translated it... I'm kinda laughing at the translation...

Reported STM on February 20, 2556 at 8:00 pm at the district police station. Province. Maj. Gen. Lt. equipment ผbk.p.hw. Sai Chai's Thai police colonel Junction Arizona Forest Health Hero vice ผbk.p.hw. Pol.Col Compatibility and Fri. Health Tip ray ผkk.sp. York City. Mr Pat Boone has taken me 26 years old Sosa, who is number 25 Soi Sai 1 Road Ebyhm prosperity - Royal House Tan Pho, Muang District, Nakhon Si Thammarat.Miss Amanda is accused of rape and taught English Caledonian Hotel Naples to keep hurt and destroyed the second floor balcony of a commercial row building. Robinson Ocean Side warehouse district, Muang District, Nakhon Si Thammarat. Out of hot water, which is why the city of Vientiane at 05:00 AM on Feb 15, 2556 ago.

Preliminary investigation of Mr Pat pleaded guilty to a real rape. As a condition of Ms. Amanda Mount. So pull up to Miss Amanda raped a second time until orgasm. The plan will lead to a confession, and the afternoon will be taken to investigate Ms. Amanda again.

Maj. Gen. Lt. unit, said preliminary autopsy results from the medical encounter. sand in your vagina. It is believed that the rape of the area. The witness is the way the city Ewiir card Monday that Mr Pat and visit often to see how the top of the building. However, I need to double check that the semen stain matched or not. Progress will be reported again.

Here's mine, also difficult to understand...

Arrested, a young man working at a tire store, raped Scottish daughter on February 20 , 2556 at 10:46:15 pm, a correspondent reports from Nakhon Si Thammarat district 08:00 am today February 20 , 2556 at the police station ,Muang district Nakhon Si Thammarat Pol. Maj. Gen.Blah Pol. Col. Sonthi XXXXXX , Tarisa Watanagase Thep Deputy of the Pol. Col. Somchai kings Yingyong Opakul, Nakhon Si Thammarat have brought Mr. Phongphat Wachirabanjong Boaz, age 26 years, at 25 Soi shaving Charoen 1 Road, mixed-Ban Tan, Pho came, Ampur Muang, Nakhon Si Thammarat province, the accused raped Ms. Lighthouse, Louis retail tourists and languages Caledonian to hurt and crowded rape on the floor balcony 2 of the building a row commercial side of ROBINSON department store. The Finance Minister of Muang Nakhon Si Thammarat after coming back from Vientiane ,Monday said that this incident took place 05:00 am of Feb. 15, 2556, from the preliminary inquiry Mr. Phongphat Wachirabanjong to confess that it is the rape truth, because I saw the condition of Ms., predicted to be drunk, and plucked Ms., Foreman then predicted up to rape to 2 times until success, would then will be taken to the plan of confessions and in the afternoon, to bring the Ms. writers predicted, to investigate another Dr., Pol. XXXX said that from the post mortem guide of a doctor found sand in the vagina, so it is the belief that will likely be raped from this area is an important witness is important is that card of the restaurant city เวียร Monday confirmed that Mr. Phongphat Wachirabanjong to visit very often and was seen at the top of the building, however, it would have to take a slough Sperm to examine again, if he did it, or not. If progress will be made, the results will be reported soon.

Makes sense, does it?--wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

But unadvised holiday makers come to the Land of Smiles for a noooooooooooo problem GREAT holiday, but for many of us the LOS is really the same as where they come from. More should be done by tourist operators or THEIR government to point out the risks. sad.png

Did you mean the Russian tour operators?--rolleyes.gif

She is scheduled to leave Thailand tonight.

Actual rape or made-up allegation?

Either way, I strongly suspect the truth will also leave Thailand tonight.

I imagine interest in the case, be it police or public, will also be departing.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 2

Seems quite sad how even after a confession, people on here are still venting anger and distrust of the victim and her circumstance. What a bunch of heartless bastards.

I think you are not accurately repeating what has been reported.

Women said she was gang raped by 4 men. One man has admitted to having or attempting to have sex with her with her consent ("ok, good" ) and this "story" is backed up by a friend who was there. Meanwhile the women can't i(or won't) identify this guy though she said earlier she remembered two of her 4 attackers faces right down to the gap in their tooth. Yet, no reports of a video showing 4 guys going up to her room but just this guy and possibly his friend. The women has also stated she only remembers bits and pieces of the night and was reportedly so drunk she was asked to leave a bar in NST. Lets face it. she has little credibility but this certainly is not to say she wasn't raped. Sadly my guess is she is about as confused as to the events as most of us.

Although nobody deserves to be assaulted, regardless of their condition, people should take some responsibility for their own actions to prevent themselves from becoming a victim and getting so drunk they can't remember things and heading off by themselves in a bar where you don't know people and don't speak the native language, in the middle of the night and in a less developed nation is simply putting yourself in a position to become a victim. If she was raped then the criminal needs to be punished but given the fact this women lacks credibility, probably won't be around for a trial and can't remember events or remember them accurately, it is doubtful we will see a conviction and the best we can hope is that if there is a rapist that justice finds its way to him somehow and that she has learned a lesson that will dramatically lesson her chances of assault, robbery and/or rape in the future.

She has denied that she was drunk. She said she might have been drugged. How could she help that if true? She has unfortunately been taught a lesson as you say...being raped and all.

Either

1) She was raped while drunk

or

2) She had consensual sex with a Thai while drunk and regretted it later so reported a false rape.

The Thai bashers will go for 1)

The western women bashers will go for 2)

We will never know what happened, so make your choice using your own personal prejudices.

A kind of Schrodinger's Cat situation.

Which do you choose/bash? I'm steering towards 1 on grounds of inebriation.

Seems quite sad how even after a confession, people on here are still venting anger and distrust of the victim and her circumstance. What a bunch of heartless bastards.

Women said she was gang raped by 4 men. One man has admitted to having or attempting to have sex with her with her consent ("ok, good" ) and this "story" is backed up by a friend who was there. Meanwhile the women can't i(or won't) identify this guy though she said earlier she remembered two of her 4 attackers faces right down to the gap in their tooth. Yet, no reports of a video showing 4 guys going up to her room but just this guy and possibly his friend. The women has also stated she only remembers bits and pieces of the night and was reportedly so drunk she was asked to leave a bar in NST. Lets face it. she has little credibility but this certainly is not to say she wasn't raped. Sadly my guess is she is about as confused as to the events as most of us.

Although nobody deserves to be assaulted, regardless of their condition, people should take some responsibility for their own actions to prevent themselves from becoming a victim and getting so drunk they can't remember things and heading off by themselves in a bar where you don't know people and don't speak the native language, in the middle of the night and in a less developed nation is simply putting yourself in a position to become a victim. If she was raped then the criminal needs to be punished but given the fact this women lacks credibility, probably won't be around for a trial and can't remember events or remember them accurately, it is doubtful we will see a conviction and the best we can hope is that if there is a rapist that justice finds its way to him somehow and that she has learned a lesson that will dramatically lesson her chances of assault, robbery and/or rape in the future.

She has denied that she was drunk. She said she might have been drugged. How could she help that if true? She has unfortunately been taught a lesson as you say...being raped and all.

Actually she admitted to drinking numerous drinks and drinking at at least two locations. One would think if she was drugged then she would not have stayed at the bar when a friend suggested they leave and she said that she would be fine since she lived close. One might also think the friend (presumably a male since initially reported as boyfriend) would find her behavior strange and out of the ordinary unless it is common she gets unknowingly drugged while out drinking. Maybe she was drugged but given the reports, it seems like she is a girl who enjoys getting drunk and like many people her age may get too drunk sometimes though none of makes raping her okay but it kind of gets old hearing people assume somebody put something in their drink when they simply drank enough to make themselves very drunk..

• Like 1

Either

or

2) She had consensual sex with a Thai while drunk and regretted it later so reported a false rape.

We will never know what happened, so make your choice using your own personal prejudices.

How about this:

1. Got very drunk

2. Had a fight with BF

3. Thought a good revenge to be flirting/sleeping with a/some Thai man/men

4. Got into a situation that went out of control (or not)

5. Woke up and realised what she did

6. Made up the story to cover for what she did

Pure speculation, but also makes sense..

Either

or

How about this:

1. Got very drunk

2. Had a fight with BF

You hate western women.

/joke

Edited by harrycallahan

Either

or

How about this:

1. Got very drunk

2. Had a fight with BF

You hate western women.

/joke

You were right, it has to be a joke cos in No. 2 the B/F - he was in Bangkok at the time and had nothing to do with any of it. Because the girl was seen with a male friend, it was wrongly reported as B/F.

This thread should now be changed to something like Write a plot/script for a television series.

I knew this story didn't add up from the start and this just confirms the doubts I had reading the original story.

If the whole claim she is making is false and a lie then she should be ashamed of herself.

However I guess we all need to wait for the medical reports.

Did you sherlock, did you? Good thing we have you analysing our stories.

Actually she admitted to drinking numerous drinks and drinking at at least two locations. One would think if she was drugged then she would not have stayed at the bar when a friend suggested they leave and she said that she would be fine since she lived close. One might also think the friend (presumably a male since initially reported as boyfriend) would find her behavior strange and out of the ordinary unless it is common she gets unknowingly drugged while out drinking. Maybe she was drugged but given the reports, it seems like she is a girl who enjoys getting drunk and like many people her age may get too drunk sometimes though none of makes raping her okay but it kind of gets old hearing people assume somebody put something in their drink when they simply drank enough to make themselves very drunk..

Yep, completely believable and also possibly far from the truth. As many people are stating there are many plausible angles to this, and being in the country we all know and love, 'the truth has many windows'. We will probably never know what happened. I don't think it's fair though, to assume that the girl made up the rape. I'm sure all the posters on here would make great detectives, or possibly been in Thailand too long.

• Like 1