Wine Drinkers!

damotuxie

If you drink wine- red, white or any where a:do you prefer it come from and b: where do you buy it?

Is the internet ok for buying wine? anyone done this? I was thinking that with something like wine, postage and handling would be a bit suspect? anyone get thier wine in Thailand or elsewhere via the net?

damo

Edited by damotuxie

If you drink wine- red, white or any where a:do you prefer it come from and b: where do you buy it?

Is the internet ok for buying wine? anyone done this? I was thinking that with something like wine, postage and handling would be a bit suspect? anyone get thier wine in Thailand or elsewhere via the net?

damo

Hi there,

Altough i used to drink wine back home here i hardly ever do that. Where i live there you can find Wines at Big C and Makro . There is also some local produced Wine that isn't too bad (i have been told). I wouldn't personally really aim for the Red one for two reasons a ) the transportation from overseas to here and :D the Temperature in Thailand (red wine makes you feel even more hot). So i rather opt for the white wine ....

You'll be better off with Beer Chang or Regency , Sangsom ... here... :o

rcm :D

Beer makes you fat, Red is good for you.

This is supported by the fact that France and Italy, traditional big wine drinking countries, have relatively low obesety and heart problems compared to beer drinking nations such as UK, Germany and (gulp) USA.

Let's get it on :o

PS. I don't think the brand matters, no wine-snobbery here. I like the chepo 1.5 liters Italian wines available in Foodland. Good all-round table wines for daily consumption.

Edited by madsere

Best Supermarkets have a surprisingly good selection of red wines, but as elsewhere in Thailand, the prices are outrageous. If you can get a trip to Laos there are some bargains to be hand.

As I'm in Rome right now I feel rather spoiled, I can pick up fabulous wines from the wine store right next to the exit from our courtyard. 8 Euros gets something to die for.