Homade Cottage Cheese

Samuimike1

Im doing cottage cheese with 4 liter Meji full fat milk and real animal rennet this time. But now after 80 minutes it doesn't cure as i had hoped. According to renet manufacturing website, it should be cured in 30-60 min.

I heated it to 37C as recommended, though it went up to 40C for some minutes before i noticed it and turned the heat off.

Sometimes with pasturised milk you have to add a tiny bit of calcium chloride dissolved in water

Any advice?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Im doing cottage cheese with 4 liter Meji full fat milk and real animal rennet this time. But now after 80 minutes it doesn't cure as i had hoped. According to renet manufacturing website, it should be cured in 30-60 min.

I heated it to 37C as recommended, though it went up to 40C for some minutes before i noticed it and turned the heat off.

Sometimes with pasturised milk you have to add a tiny bit of calcium chloride dissolved in water

Any advice?

Oh, thanks. Where can i get calcium chloride? And how much should i use?

Any advice?

i bought mine in usa from a cheese ingredients supplier to be sure its food grade. they will tell you how much to use. If you are in chiang mai i can give you a bit

Thanks

Any advice?

i bought mine in usa from a cheese ingredients supplier to be sure its food grade. they will tell you how much to use. If you are in chiang mai i can give you a bit

I'm living in Jomtien. Thanks anyway.