Terrestrial Tv In Thailand

arch77778

Terrestrial TV is currently analog and watched via an antenna plugged in to your TV no boxes required, the channels are spread over the VHF and UHF bands.

Trials of digital terrestrial have started with a switchover to all digital later this decade. Owners of non-digital receivers will need a set top box to watch the new service.

You can also watch the major terrestrial channels from the Truevisions satellite via a Free to View box (TrueLife, about 1200 Baht).

Thanks for the contributions.

With regard to the Set Top Box does it come with fixed channels and can channels be added.Also,are different set boxes available and what is the difference between them.Perhaps someone can advise me which is the best STB available and approximate cost,

The major problem with terrestrial TV in Thailand is that you need
one antenna for each channel as there is no sharing of masts

Better to get a simple dish and FTA box and use the Thaicom bird

Thanks Astral.

The Thaicom bird carries C and KU band.I think the most channels are in C band.What size dish will be required for C band and what would the approx. cost be.

Dish (large black mesh dish), FTA box and cable would cost me 4,500 Baht installed - here in Pattaya. That price is with a GMMZ box priced at 950 Baht.

Can someone please reply to my post of 23 February when i requested information on the SeT Top Boxes that are available in Thailand.Thanks.

Two I can think of are Sunbox and GMMZ.

Go down to a local satellite shop and ask them as there are many more that I have seen in one shop in Pattaya.

GMMZ (Grammy), only partly free. Premium channels (sport, docu) need subscription.

Sunbox, organized around the Spanish LA liga, free.

Truevisions freeview, now together with PSI I think, free.

DTV, free.

IPM, free, includes some HD channels.