Is This A Thai Idiom ?

realthaideal

Was reading reader commentary today about the poor Karen girl that was abused as a slave for a good 5+ yrs enduring beatings and burning with scalding hot water. Quite tragic and moving. It's besides the point of the language thread, but do hope something good comes from this as far as human rights of hilltribes are concerned.

Back to the point. In the commentaries the readers are chiming in with their own condemnations of the couple, and one guy has used something that I can only imagine is an idiom, but google searching hasn't gotten me anywhere. Perhaps I've over-shortened it from the longer quote. I'll post both for your much appreciated input. Some slang/bad words present - for some a warning, for others a selling point !

Part that's confusing me contextually: กะเทยที่เห็นควย

Full quote: อีสองผัวเมียนี้ไม่ได้ตายดีแน่นอนค่ะ สังคมรุมสาปแช่ง แม้แต่กะเทยที่เห็นควยสำคัญที่สุดยังรุมสาปแช่งอีสองผัวเมียนรกนี่เลย

Actually a few well-placed bad words. Anybody translating it can use euphemisms, and that's just fine.

You're cutting it too short the actual rounded part should be แม้แต่กะเทยที่เห็นควยสำคัญที่สุด

"Even katoeys, for whom a willie is the most important thing [in the world], condemned the hellish couple."

Edited by Barabbas

You're cutting it too short the actual rounded part should be แม้แต่กะเทยที่เห็นควยสำคัญที่สุด

"Even katoeys, for whom a willie is the most important thing [in the world], condemned the hellish couple."

Ah... that's got to be it. Sometimes the comments are so much like our own ways (or avg Joe ways) of commenting, and without full context of where they're coming from. that it's confusing. I understood the full thing, but not really how it fit together/made sense. Thanks.

It is a weird reference to slam and then backhandedly compliment ladyboys to make your point, yeah ? The trouble with regular citizens chiming in....

แม้แต่กะเทยที่เห็นควยสำคัญที่สุด

ควย Is a very rude way of addressing one's penis. Extensively used [vocab wise] by Ladyboys [ กระเทย ].

In this case it is implying that even the lowest people in society, the ladyboys, can see that these two [husband and wife] are bad people.

In English one may use the idiom " Even blind Freddy could see that .........."