Billy's Italian Restaurant Is Moving

OldeBellPedr

I love eating at Billy's. Their bruschetta is the best in Chiang Mai. I turned a good friend onto the bruschetta and he loved it too. He is much more personable then yours truly so I don't care that the waitstaff is not over friendly. All I care about is that the food is terrific. My friend,on the other hand was bothered by the lack of friendliness by the waitstaff and couldn't understand how Billy, on the one hand, is very friendly and very personable, but his help was not. In any event, the food is terrific and the prices very reasonable so upon my return to Chiang Mai next winter, I will, once again, be a frequent diner at his establishment.

I like Billy's food but if he wants more success, he need to work on front of house. He's a nice guy and if he came out and chatted with customers, he would really benefit imo.

My experience there is that he is one of the friendliest and chattiest business owners in Chiang Mai! (Have to add that the parmesson chicken there is incredible.)

I like Billy's food but if he wants more success, he need to work on front of house. He's a nice guy and if he came out and chatted with customers, he would really benefit imo.

My experience there is that he is one of the friendliest and chattiest business owners in Chiang Mai! (Have to add that the parmesson chicken there is incredible.)

I agree. Both Billy and his wife always come out to talk with the customers. They are very friendly. It's one of my favorite places to eat.

Real credit to you Pedro that you can give some help to a competitor. Well done.

I'm confused now, how is Billy's a competitor? I thought that Billy's was an Italian Restaurant.

Let's see - they are both in the restaurant business = they are competiting to sell food.
That's ridiculous, by that standard Starbucks is a competitor of the OP's pub too. Actually it would be an even more direct competitor, as they both sell food & drink with the emphasis on drink. Edited by AngelsLariat

I located Billy's last night driving around among the empty bars on my motorcycle. I must have passed there a million times, it is an Italian restaurant but I never knew the name, or that it was so highly recommended. Now, I can't wait to take my wife there, hopefully before they move which if I remember right from the sign on the window is March 5th.

Real credit to you Pedro that you can give some help to a competitor. Well done.

I'm confused now, how is Billy's a competitor? I thought that Billy's was an Italian Restaurant.

We also serve a few Italian items such as Bruschetta, Fettucini Alfredo, Lasagne, Aubergine Parmigiana and Chicken Parmigiana - although the last two are Aussie as much as they're Italian! That's what I meant when i said he was a competitor .I Hope that settles your confusion!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I never knew about this eating establishment before and I love Italian food, if it`s done well. I`m out that way tomorrow evening and fancy giving it a try.

Does anyone have any idea what time this restaurant closes? Or can give details of the opening times?

Hope he opens until fairly late?

Maybe he has some sexy waitresses there. Otherwise next time I suppose I`ll have to take the wife.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I never knew about this eating establishment before and I love Italian food, if it`s done well. I`m out that way tomorrow evening and fancy giving it a try.

Does anyone have any idea what time this restaurant closes? Or can give details of the opening times?

Maybe he has some sexy waitresses there. Otherwise next time I suppose I`ll have to take the wife.

I'm fairly sure they are open until 22:00 or possibly 23:00. They open for lunch and stay open until closing. You may be out of luck with regard to the "sexy waitresses". It is a small place and there is usually no more than 2 people waiting tables. But the food is fantastic and Billy and his wife are good people.

I'm fairly sure they are open until 22:00 or possibly 23:00. They open for lunch and stay open until closing. You may be out of luck with regard to the "sexy waitresses". It is a small place and there is usually no more than 2 people waiting tables. But the food is fantastic and Billy and his wife are good people.

Only joking about the sexy waitresses, just my warped sense of humour, and thank you for the information.

I will give it a try.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I highly recommend Billys. I have eaten there no less than 10 times and he and his wife are very friendly people. I usually get the pizza which is great but my gf forays into the better dishes and they are all very tasty.

Prices for Pizza start at around 180 baht and the better dishes start at around 220 baht. Service is quick, polite, and they rarely screw up an order. I also highly recommend their fruit shakes which are the best I have had in Chiang Mai. They taste like milk shakes but they dont have ice cream in them, and only a little milk. I think they are priced at 40 baht and they are great.

Every meal I have ordered comes with a loaf of Italian bread and butter which is served warm. So it gives you something to eat while waiting for your food to arrive.

I liked the old location because of its atmosphere but if this location works out better for him, he is probably saving a boatload of baht every month on rent which will probably help him stay in business for (hopefully) a long time. This new shop is smaller with seating for around 30 or 40 people inside and another 20 or 30 outside. They always keep mosquito coils burning at night for their customers comfort.

I wish them the best at their new location.

Edited by rideswings

re He is moving to soi 1 on Kampangdin Rd. As you head toward Thapae Rd, soi 1 is the soi just before the car park of AIS - the phone people. He is to be found about 50m down the soi on the left hand side.

hes right ... turn left at the fang guest house sign and its just before this thai .. kiwi rr

row of shops : )

dave2

post-42592-0-01918800-1369190223_thumb.j

post-42592-0-05749600-1369190293_thumb.j

Edited by dave2

I highly recommend Billys. I have eaten there no less than 10 times and he and his wife are very friendly people. I usually get the pizza which is great but my gf forays into the better dishes and they are all very tasty.

Prices for Pizza start at around 180 baht and the better dishes start at around 220 baht. Service is quick, polite, and they rarely screw up an order. I also highly recommend their fruit shakes which are the best I have had in Chiang Mai. They taste like milk shakes but they dont have ice cream in them, and only a little milk. I think they are priced at 40 baht and they are great.

Every meal I have ordered comes with a loaf of Italian bread and butter which is served warm. So it gives you something to eat while waiting for your food to arrive.

I liked the old location because of its atmosphere but if this location works out better for him, he is probably saving a boatload of baht every month on rent which will probably help him stay in business for (hopefully) a long time. This new shop is smaller with seating for around 30 or 40 people inside and another 20 or 30 outside. They always keep mosquito coils burning at night for their customers comfort.

What a great (and true) quote for here "and they rarely screw up an order". TIT for sure. Thanks OP for the heads/thumbs up, will try for sure

+1

Nice to know another good quality Italian restaurant.

Edited by Joop50

Just a hunch...Billy is missing the old location badly. He didn't leave there because he wanted to.

It's well worth seeking out. Imo the food is better than at the previous location.

If you have a car, parking can be a problem. It's best to park on Kampaengdin Road and then walk 100m to the restaurant.

• Like 1

It's well worth seeking out. Imo the food is better than at the previous location.

If you have a car, parking can be a problem. It's best to park on Kampaengdin Road and then walk 100m to the restaurant.

I agree with both points. The food is noticeably better. It was excellent before and even better now. There is a nasty older woman who will chase you away if you try and park a car in front. She owns all the buildings in the area we were told.

I have dinned 4 times with friends.

All agree Food Billy's to same excellent standard and good service.

Last time we where enjoying our Post meal drinks so much the evening dinners where taking their seats before we left.

Top notch.

john

Last time we where enjoying our Post meal drinks so much the evening dinners where taking their seats before we left.

Top notch.

john

Does Billy's have a website and online menu?

Top notch.

john

Does Billy's have a website and online menu?

No. Italian Food. All the standard fare.