Garcinia Cambogia -- In My Experience, This Stuff Really Works

Jingthing

Has anyone ordered from this Thai company?

Prices appear to be slightly more expensive than others discussed on this thread, but the potency (800mg) is also higher.

And, there's also the added benefit of not needing to venture out into the jungle . . . biggrin.png

http://fatloss.knockknockthailand.com/fat-loss-supplements/garcinia-cambogia/

http://fatloss.knockknockthailand.com/fat-loss-supplements/green-coffee-bean-extract/

Has anyone ordered from this Thai company?

Prices appear to be slightly more expensive than others discussed on this thread, but the potency (800mg) is also higher.

And, there's also the added benefit of not needing to venture out into the jungle . . . biggrin.png

http://fatloss.knockknockthailand.com/fat-loss-supplements/garcinia-cambogia/

http://fatloss.knockknockthailand.com/fat-loss-supplements/green-coffee-bean-extract/

Its available at the tesco lotus.. i dont really call that jungle.

Jingthing, your opinion is what it is and I'm more than happy to listen to any constructive criticism and or negative trolling. The "amateurish looking website" you're referring to is only my 2nd attempt at building a website.

The website is a distributor for products manufactured in the USA only. The reason why the Garcinia Cambogia product you find at the local shops are "practically FREE" is that the actual fruit/extract is sourced locally in SE Asia, the products are lower in potency, aren't regulated by the FDA and aren't subject to pay the large import tax.

There are cheap alternatives to anything and everything but that's exactly what they are, cheap alternatives!

On the brand I use, which does seem to widely available in Thailand, 4 pills daily provides the generally internationally recommended standard daily dose of the active acid ingredient (60 percent in pill). I definitely wouldn't bother with fewer than the 4 pills daily. I would consider it worth a try to see how it goes with 5 or 6 pills daily. The results really could be better. I actually felt an unpleasant side effect which it's really hard for me to describe, so I won't try, with 6 pills. Also if there is any risk with long term usage, it would make common sense that an above standard dose would probably be riskier. With many things more than the good dose is not good, but bad. With GC I'm not really sure, but I am happy sticking with the standard dose.

On the brand I use, which does seem to widely available in Thailand, 4 pills daily provides the generally internationally recommended standard daily dose of the active acid ingredient (60 percent in pill). I definitely wouldn't bother with fewer than the 4 pills daily. I would consider it worth a try to see how it goes with 5 or 6 pills daily. The results really could be better. I actually felt an unpleasant side effect which it's really hard for me to describe, so I won't try, with 6 pills. Also if there is any risk with long term usage, it would make common sense that an above standard dose would probably be riskier. With many things more than the good dose is not good, but bad. With GC I'm not really sure, but I am happy sticking with the standard dose.

Whatever works for you.. stick with it.

I had up to 6 pils a day and no joy.. but like i said sister in law with the same pils and lower dosage seems to work.

Woopee!!!...got my GC from Bangkok today.

The instructions on the label are confusing, but for starters I will take two before tea tonight, then one before breakfast, two before lunch and one before tea.

If they work I will be ordering a couple of bottles each time so I have a good supply.

They are so much cheaper in Thailand than here in Australia, even with the postage.

Will keep you posted, hope I have the same success as most people on this forum.

I'm confident smile.png

I suggest taking with a good amount of water ideally one hour before meals and to take full dose consistently for at least a week. Don't focus so much on large weight loss in one week but rather its impact on your food cravings and ability to eat smaller portions without hunger. It isn't magic. It doesn't allow people to live on junk food and lose weight. You still have to calorie restrict, make smart food choices, hopefully do some exercise but when the GC works it will make doing that easier or even much easier. Good luck!

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Herbal One by GMP

Garcinia Cambogia

attachicon.gifset-6-herbal-one-garcinia-extract-weight-control-cc5c.jpg

I am searching for this particular brand from Thailand. It seems that most online suppliers only send within Thailand.

I ordered mine from thaiherbalproducts.com but they only have the BE-FIT brand that has Senna in them.

I did find one company but the postage was more than twice as much as the product which defeats the purpose.

Anyway, I'll keep looking and in the meantime hope the ones I have curb my hunger with not too much laxative effect.

Edited by peppa

Herbal One by GMP

Garcinia Cambogia

attachicon.gifset-6-herbal-one-garcinia-extract-weight-control-cc5c.jpg

I am searching for this particular brand from Thailand. It seems that most online suppliers only send within Thailand.

I ordered mine from thaiherbalproducts.com but they only have the BE-FIT brand that has Senna in them.

I did find one company but the postage was more than twice as much as the product which defeats the purpose.

Anyway, I'll keep looking and in the meantime hope the ones I have curb my hunger with not too much laxative effect.

Just make friends with someone with paypal who lives in Thailand. You might be able to workout a deal. Though i can imagine its not worth the work for the guy / girl in Thailand.

I ordered some other ones ( not allowed to use the image extension, so can't post the pic of the bottle) but they only have 365mg of Garcinia extract, instead of the usual 500mg, but I can take extra to make up to about 2000mg per day.

I will stay on the ones with senna until the others arrive, takes about two weeks (if the senna effect isn't too severe).

I was on a 1200 calorie a day eating plan before I started on the GC, so I expect the only difference will be the hunger issues. I haven't noticed a difference yet, but it's only day two.

Just a minor warning about "Garcinia Cambogia". It affects how the liver processes foods. If you are on any other medication, you should have a blood test "liver panel" screening done before you start using or even after you have been using it awhile. It does affect some people while not affecting others. Discovered this myself after having a routine checkup. Liver blood panel was up sightly after using it and when it went back down after I quit using it for awhile. Doctors said it might have reacted with other meds I was taking at the time. Garcinia Cambogia does work but cautious.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have some news about my update but it's quite a complicated story. Because of that, I think it would be best to delay telling this report for about a month because by then I will have more evidence to support it. Maybe earlier if the evidence warrants it, but I think I'll need a month. I don't want to jump the gun.

So people are free to speculate. I don't care. No leaks until I'm ready.

As promised, here is my update.

It is probably not nearly as dramatic as the build up might have suggested, but it's the truth as I know it.

ANYWAY ...

As is usual for people dealing with obesity and attempts at weight improvement, I HIT A WALL.

Last year I thought that by now I would have entered the higher end of just overweight BMI, leaving obesity behind.

But no.

I am STILL at lower level obesity BMI.

Here is what happened (roughly).

As documented here before, I had been losing at for me a rapid rate, at least 1.5 kilos per month, occasionally even 2.

THEN that slowed down to about 1 kilo loss per month. I felt that was too slow (I had been quite happy with 1.5).

So rather unwisely I searched out some other methods to get back on a somewhat faster track.

So I started on my homemade GREEN COFFEE EXTRACT (mixing it with the GC) and also for about a month or so ALSO added black pepper pills after meals.

This gave me a larger weight loss.

But later I learned black pepper is basically a laxative so I consider that dangerous to do long term, and the weight lost from that kind of fake and temporary.

So I quit the black pepper and continued on the mixing of GC and green coffee extract.

For THREE MONTHS, I kept at the same weight!

Now some might say that is horrible news.

I don't see it that way.

The amazing part of that is that I did not GAIN BACK any weight from my long term progress (15 percent of total body weight).

So while that program wasn't creating additional weight loss, no weight gain from a major long term lose IS a kind of real success.

The trouble is I am not satisfied to "stop" here even though my new weight level is a definite cosmetic and health improvement from my starting point.

So randomly, I saw this news (about one month ago) --

Regular coffee drinkers 'at increased risk of weight gain' Too much coffee can lead to weight gain and other health problems, even if drinkers stick to decaffeinated, according to research.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/10085206/Regular-coffee-drinkers-at-increased-risk-of-weight-gain.html

It was a STRONG HINT to me that the ingredients in the green coffee extract when ADDED to my regular intake of similar products with CGA (acid) which are regular black coffee and green tea might have put me into a problem zone for future weight loss.

Now this is only anecdotal. Not scientific. It's just me. Also as I made my own green coffee extract it wasn't exactly a standard dosage (I did the best I could but never really knew how much I was taking).

ALSO, of course, it is very normal people to HIT A WALL and stop losing weight (even more common of course to hit the wall and start gaining back). I am sure my body has NEW SETPOINT issues now, and further weight loss is going to be SLOWER and HARDER, even if possible, which I remain hopeful that it is.

That said.

Here is report.

Not dramatic.

But promising.

After QUITTING the green coffee extract cold turkey (still drinking black coffee and green tea moderately) I have indeed lost 1.2 KILOS in the last month. No other significant changes in my diet, exercise that I can detect and still doing the GC.

I can definitely live with that!

So the short term indication (one month now) is that I HAVE managed to break through the WALL OF STALL that had been in effect for three months previous.

I had ALWAYS expected to hit difficulties at some points in my LONG TERM process. I had been emotionally ready for that. I made a mistake of getting "too greedy" before with new tricks. I think considering everything things are still looking bright.

I should also say that unfortunately my strong gut feeling is that WITHOUT the use of the GC, I wouldn't have a happy story to tell here at all. I am sure it helped massively in getting through this rougher patch, and more rough patches expected in future, but the GC seems to help me greatly at least in NOT GAINING BACK!

Edited by Jingthing

To clarify about this a little more --

What I think happened was that I was FOOLED to think it was the addition of the green coffee extract that triggered the extra good results for awhile, when it probably was really the black pepper pills (not recommended!).

So after I quit the black pepper, I falsely assumed the green coffee would be helpful but on my limited evidence, it was the opposite (see dosage issues in the last post).

Another point, take it or leave it, for people like me who have lost at least 10 percent of their heaviest weight and KEPT IT OFF (it's starting to be long term for that which would technically qualify me as a "success story" even though still mildly obese) NOT GAINING BACK WEIGHT is still a success even if your longer term goals include losing more weight. Obviously, if you still want to lose MORE weight losing some additional weight is a GREATER success. Not trying to sugar coat it but for people who have had lifetime issues with obesity, it's a LONG game.

JT I am happy you broke through the wall of stall.. we all hit them.. actually I have hit multiple of them. The problem is your doing everything that previously worked and bamm.. no more progress. It is highly frustrating, i often went to extremes to break the stall and then it went as normal again. Slow loss is preferable over fast loss and a stall in my book.

Stalls are the worst you can get motivation wise.

The whole point its always a long game.. i spoke with a friend of the family yesterday who had a gastric bypass. Lost 22 kg since November. I asked her again as November was only 3 months ago. But got it confirmed again.. i was amazed. But she was in the danger zone. But she loved to eat she said she always ate too much and too much of the bad stuff. Just because she enjoyed eating. Now besides eating less she is eating healthier.

She and I came across a truth that I have known for a while why I can succeed easier as others. I do the shopping. The fact is because she was a mother and had a family the bad stuff.. sweets chocolate and stuff was always available and people ate it a lot. So she did too. My brothers gf also trying to loose weight has the same problem my brother often buys the sweets and nice stuff.

Now its not that i always have good willpower because if there is a block of chocolate in the fridge it will get eaten. I just make sure I don't buy it and I certainly don't go shopping for food when I am hungry. I just make sure I don't have too much temptation in the home.

Good luck JT.. and keep on going you will get there in your own time.

• Like 1

Thanks.

I am OK as long as I have access to the GC. That's my secret, ha ha. It's a crutch but it works.

I was encouraged by the report from the American organization that is studying SUCCESS STORIES. Their definition is more liberal than some, 10 percent weight loss maintained for at least one year. At 15 percent total loss (over about three years), I am actually close to being in that category, and that category is really considered a small minority of people dealing with obesity. (Most the 15 percent was done in the current last year when I started the GC.)

So I KNOW I am doing well now and in the success zone.

Other than the few major practical tips from their reports --

Always eat breakfast (I already did)

Exercise, exercise, exercise (honestly, I need to increase that aspect, I do it but not sure at the amount of TIME LEVEL of the success stories)

Not get stressed about low carb, that's not the magic ticket

Weigh yourself a lot! (this goes counter to a lot of mainstream advice on the media, but the success stories are generally weighing themselves at least DAILY!)

Also, their reports that a number of the success stories take MANY MANY YEARS to keep losing weight (after the 10 percent). I'm already in the MULTIPLE YEARS category and that's OK. Not saying the very long road on the LOSS phase is the only way, but it seems for some, it is ONE way that can work.

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks.

I am OK as long as I have access the the GC. That's my secret. ha ha. It's a crutch but it works.

I was encouraged by the report from the American organization that is studying SUCCESS STORIES. Their definition is more liberal than some, 10 percent weight loss maintained for at least one year. At 15 percent total loss, I am actually close to being in that category, and that category is really considered a small minority of people dealing with obesity.

So I KNOW I am doing well now and in the success zone.

Other than the few major practical tips from their reports --

Always eat breakfast (I already did)

Exercise, exercise, exercise (honestly, I need to increase that aspect, I do it but not sure at the amount of TIME LEVEL of the success stories)

Not get stressed about low carb, that's not the magic ticket

Also, their reports that a number of the success stories take MANY YEARS to keep losing weight (after the 10 percent). I'm already in the MANY YEARS category. Not saying the very long road on the LOSS phase is the only way, but it seems for some, it is ONE way that can work.

At that time i lost around 24% of my bodyweight, and have kept the fat of ever since. Did gain a bit of muscle but that is ok (belly still measured the same).

I have also read about breakfast and exercise. I have always eaten breakfast and always exercised (bit too the extreme when loosing weight with rowing machine). Now i just do less (4 x 1 hour of intense exercise)

For me it was purely eating better and not drinking alcohol that did it.

Just keep it up.. I am still changing and tweaking things.. like the veggie juice and bigger salads and such. Now that I am maintaining and maybe growing a bit in muscle (minimal) I don't feel hungry anymore but i still watch what i eat.

To add, yes, hitting walls (repeatedly) is entirely predictable. I predicted it myself. Hitting these walls is a very common place where failure (gaining back weight) begins for so many. I fully realize my anecdotal theories that there is probably a relationship between the issues I had with black pepper pills and green coffee extract were related to hitting the wall can not be proven. I can only go on what I have. I might have had the exact same problems without those complications, and this was all pure coincidence, I can never know. But for now, no green coffee extract and never black pepper pills again.

Edited by Jingthing

To add, yes, hitting walls (repeatedly) is entirely predictable. I predicted it myself. Hitting these walls is a very common place where failure (gaining back weight) begins for so many. I fully realize my anecdotal theories that there is probably a relationship between the issues I had with black pepper pills and green coffee extract were related to hitting the wall can not be proven. I can only go on what I have. I might have had the exact same problems without those complications, and this was all pure coincidence, I can never know. But for now, no green coffee extract and never black pepper pills again.

That hitting walls (repeatedly) is predictable.. does not make it less frustrating when you hit one. I have read about many theories about breaking through them and I often went extreme to do so. I really hated it when I did not see progress. Stalling for a month really made me crazy. But yes I hit a few and each and everyone taxed my motivation.

• 1 month later...

I have read a lot of reviews, last one in here; http://www.dr-omar.com/ but i am not 100% sure to jump into it, i see a lot of interactions with thyroid, alzheimer, dementia, diabetes...which means the supplement affects a lot of organs outside its fat burning properties. Stay safe!

You're absolutely right.

There are no studies of health impact with long term use (more than 12 weeks) though it is generally considered safe for 12 weeks.

Yes, there are known concerns with interaction with some other medications. These are mentioned before in this thread.

As it definitely does assist in weight loss for some people (like me) it's clearly got some power and doing some OTHER things that may or may not be desirable.

I don't have all the answers on this and neither does "science" because it hasn't yet been studied extensively yet.

Yes. You are right.It is a good stuff, but do not overdose ....and..if you start losing weight too fast..take some good supplements like calcium,

vitamins B and E, fish oil and minerals. Exercise?...not running...just walking one hour at least every day before breakfast.. Take care.

Edited by umbanda

Yes. You are right.It is a good stuff, but do not overdose ....and..if you start losing weight too fast..take some good supplements like calcium, B

and E vitamins, fish oil and minerals. Exercise?...not running...just walking one hour at least every day before breakfast.. Take care.

I have not had the problem of losing weight too fast. I am losing very slowly now, predictably about a kilo per month. I don't really agree about vitamin E supplements and even fish oil supplements has become controversial (though I take them). I eat nutritious food and do not take a daily vitamin/mineral pill though I used to. That is also controversial as to whether it's just a waste of money or not. I agree it's always good to move the body but I don't agree there is any magic to doing that before breakfast specifically. Cheers.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes. You are right.It is a good stuff, but do not overdose ....and..if you start losing weight too fast..take some good supplements like calcium, B

and E vitamins, fish oil and minerals. Exercise?...not running...just walking one hour at least every day before breakfast.. Take care.

I have not had the problem of losing weight too fast. I am losing very slowly now, predictably about a kilo per month. I don't really agree about vitamin E supplements and even fish oil supplements has become controversial (though I take them). I eat nutritious food and do not take a daily vitamin/mineral pill though I used to. That is also controversial as to whether it's just a waste of money or not. I agree it's always good to move the body but I don't agree there is any magic to doing that before breakfast specifically. Cheers.

JT as someone who does a lot of exercise its often promoted to do exercise before your first meals after a nights rest. The reasoning behind it is that all your energy stores are depleted and whatever you burn comes from your fat stored. Just google fasted cardio.

It will make 20-30 percent difference in where the energy is coming from. Though personally I don't do it as it also means you can work less hard.

Anyway good to hear your Garcinia Gambogia is still working for you and a kg a month .. over a year is quit substantial.

• Like 1

Well, it can be a medical issue.

For example if you know you're not even trying to lose weight (no changes made) and you start losing weight, fast or slow really, that could be a sign of a serious problem.

There is also the cosmetic issue for those who are starting very obese. The general information out there is that very rapid weight loss increases the potential severity of ending up with horribly disfiguring (and permanent) loose skin. In such cases, the people often looked better while obese and the only option is serious surgery (unless they just gain the weight back).

No it's not that more moderate weight loss will necessary prevent that syndrome, but it might possibly at least reduce the severity of it.

Edited by Jingthing