Garcinia Cambogia -- In My Experience, This Stuff Really Works

Jingthing

I know how I've felt all my life and since I started GC is very different.

It's like I can only IMAGINE naturally lifetime thin people feel ... they stop eating when they are full. If they had a big lunch they just skip dinner or have a snack because they're still full.

In my life, I was always so hungry even hungry after eating a big meal.

Keep in mind I was a big baby and was obese most of my childhood.

My body is not the same as people who grew up normal weight.

So I know you're wrong ... still feel like that thin person brain that I never was before, and it is definitely the GC.

Weight loss or not, I can definitely still strongly feel the effects of the GC.

That said, I am planning to take the plunge into the no GC pretty soon.

Yes it will be interesting to see how I feel then ... like on GC, sort of on GC, or exactly the same as before with cravings and hunger.

If it's exactly as I felt before ... I do need to know that and proceed from there with that new information.

I agree you need a long time for it to get out your system as well.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like I can only IMAGINE naturally lifetime thin people feel ... they stop eating when they are full. If they had a big lunch they just skip dinner or have a snack because they're still full.

So I know you're wrong ... still feel like that thin person brain that I never was before, and it is definitely the GC.

Yes it will be interesting to see how I feel then ... like on GC, sort of on GC, or exactly the same as before with cravings and hunger.

If it's exactly as I felt before ... I do need to know that and proceed from there with that new information.

For me as thinner I am as less hungry I am. And as less carbs I eat as less hungry I am.

But could it be that your body, with a lot time, slowly adjusts to "thin person" setup? Or at least cuts off the worst of the hunger.

For me it is also a kind of switch: If I try to eat moderate and balanced I am hungry all the time (but not for sweet things, on that I am lucky) mostly craving for carbs.

If I way too little (like only smaller dinner) or no carbs, that craving stops.

Now these days with plenty of rice, plenty of bicycle riding (makes me hungry) I would kill for some food...

JT when I was heavier i felt the same.. actually i felt quite similar the last month never full even after a big meal.(had the same thing when i was fat) However I was eating more junk / sugar. Now the new year has started and I am eating right again (lower carbs / complex carbs) the hunger is going away. You are not alone.. just makes things harder. Maybe its a combo of GC and eating healthy that helps you who knows.

Its now a lot less and i actually feel full after meals, but if i feel an appetite come up i make sure i got an orange or an apple lying around to curb it with not too much of calories.

I stopped the GC starting last night. My intention is to stay off three weeks to a month. But at this point nothing is certain.

If the scale goes up a few kilos I may have to rethink this.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just sharing this link because I think it's very funny but not worth a new thread.

Nothing to do with GC!

So, follow my easy, three step plan and the pounds will melt away. All you have to do is be hungry, exercise until you want to die, and give in to societal pressures to be thin.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/01/05/all-diets-are-lies-except-this-one/?hpid=z10

Just sharing this link because I think it's very funny but not worth a new thread.

Nothing to do with GC!

So, follow my easy, three step plan and the pounds will melt away. All you have to do is be hungry, exercise until you want to die, and give in to societal pressures to be thin.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/01/05/all-diets-are-lies-except-this-one/?hpid=z10

Jt

I might be doing it wrong but if I am not at least hungry a bit i am certainly not loosing weight. It of course has something to do with how big a deficit is created. When i keep my weight (maintenance) I am not hungry but when i need to loose weight I am. Not raving mad hungry and usually eat an apple or something like that to curb it as its an annoying feeling.

Nothing to do with GC!

Jt

I might be doing it wrong but if I am not at least hungry a bit i am certainly not loosing weight. It of course has something to do with how big a deficit is created. When i keep my weight (maintenance) I am not hungry but when i need to loose weight I am. Not raving mad hungry and usually eat an apple or something like that to curb it as its an annoying feeling.

If you go below that, like just a small dinner per day and nothing else (no apple....)the hunger gets less again, to almost nothing. Raving hungry I am when I eat carbs and than be late at the next feeding time. As more carbs as more hungry I am.

Nothing to do with GC!

Jt

If you go below that, like just a small dinner per day and nothing else (no apple....)the hunger gets less again, to almost nothing. Raving hungry I am when I eat carbs and than be late at the next feeding time. As more carbs as more hungry I am.

Tried that..does not work for me.. we are all different in the signals that our brain sends us about food.

Nothing to do with GC!

Jt

Tried that..does not work for me.. we are all different in the signals that our brain sends us about food.

It is often said, that after 3 days without food (only water), hunger is almost gone for everyone. But I never knew someone who REALLY tried it. Usually people claim only that they didn't ate anything but forgot the chocolate bar in the night and the almonds between....

I once didn't eat for 1 week when I was in China (not eating was surely the healthier option there), but drank a lot of beer, so that didn't count. But almost no hunger as well.

I think every body reacts the same, just on some you need to press the buttons harder and longer to get the same results. And of course the mindset makes a big difference. If you think about food, you'll get raving hungry and for some people it is hard to have that mind discipline.

(Yesterday I read about a perfect Pizza....the thoughts are still hunting me....)

I once went on a total 100 percent fast for about a month I recall. I think it was about a week before no hunger. Not sure, it was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure it was more than three days. Of course you go through the weird tongue coating phase.

I once went on a total 100 percent fast for about a month I recall. I think it was about a week before no hunger. Not sure, it was a long time ago, but I'm pretty sure it was more than three days. Of course you go through the weird tongue coating phase.

1 month, zero food......I am shocked, that seems pretty extreme. While I think we have enough stock of everything for 1 week (beside some vitamins) what about amino acids and essential fat acids?

And it must reduce a huge amount of weight in a short time. 3-4 kg/week?

So 1 week confirms what I say....everyone reacts that way, just on some you need to press the buttons harder and/or longer. So 1 week instead of 3.

It was a spiritual experience more than anything. A lot of contemplation on the relation to the material world. Obviously, I was unemployed at the time. Couldn't have worked like that but did take some bike rides. The hunger really was totally gone but on the other hand, you're slowly starving to death. If I recall I probably lost about 20 to 30 pounds and more than that gained back quickly. I'm sure it was at least a month but it may have been as long as six weeks and then it's dangerous to go off it too (no solid foods right away). It's a horrible idea as a weight control program. Talk about unsustainable. More like a suicide diet.

It was a spiritual experience more than anything. A lot of contemplation on the relation to the material world. Obviously, I was unemployed at the time. Couldn't have worked like that but did take some bike rides. The hunger really was totally gone but on the other hand, you're slowly starving to death. If I recall I probably lost about 20 to 30 pounds and more than that gained back quickly. I'm sure it was at least a month but it may have been as long as six weeks and then it's dangerous to go off it too (no solid foods right away). It's a horrible idea as a weight control program. Talk about unsustainable. More like a suicide diet.

Whatever you call it must have taken a lot of willpower and you are right I doubt you could do it when your employed because you would not be worth much mentally (i think).

20 or 30 pounds.. quite a lot of weight.. did it come back fast because you overate after it or because you slowed your metabolic rate (this is one of these times I do believe in the starvation reflex)

It was actually quite easy after the hunger hump. Vivid dreams about food though. I think I ate normally after so I'm guessing reset was a factor. Overall it was a stupid crazy thing to do but memorable.

With one small dinner per day, I get kind of hyper-active. It is somewhere on the edge if it is good for working or it may collapse into big problems. A bit like taking cocaine.

But I have to applaud you for trying that clap2.gif

It is crazy, but only crazy people go forward....

or

Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated. - Russel Warren

Whatever you call it must have taken a lot of willpower and you are right I doubt you could do it when your employed because you would not be worth much mentally (i think).

20 or 30 pounds.. quite a lot of weight.. did it come back fast because you overate after it or because you slowed your metabolic rate (this is one of these times I do believe in the starvation reflex)

It needs more willpower to eat little every day. It is like stopping smoking. Easier to stop than to smoke just 2 cigarettes every day. With very little food, I get crazy hyper-active. But I never tried NO food.

Absolutely it takes a lot more willpower to sustain a severely calorie limited diet than a no calorie diet. But the no calorie diet is time limited based on avoiding starvation. The will power factor for a total fast is to get through the hunger hump and then there is a fear factor that you are killing yourself but I was much younger at the time so that was minor. I can see if you're surrounded by food it might even be impossible to do a total fast but I was in an environment where I wasn't tempted by food stimuli.

Absolutely it takes a lot more willpower to sustain a severely calorie limited diet than a no calorie diet. But the no calorie diet is time limited based on avoiding starvation. The will power factor for a total fast is to get through the hunger hump and then there is a fear factor that you are killing yourself but I was much younger at the time so that was minor. I can see if you're surrounded by food it might even be impossible to do a total fast but I was in an environment where I wasn't tempted by food stimuli.

One month+ is also a very long time.

I think it makes sense for 1+ week just to jump-start a change of life. From fast food, ice cream and coke it is difficult to reduce in a reasonable way.

To say from today on I change everything. Stop eating and after a while (1 week) start with a reasonable new diet might be easier. As well it shows immediate results=Motivating.

It is said that if we have some ham on the body we could live 3 month "without any food", as long as some amino acids, essential fat acids and vitamins are supplied.

There was a University professor who tried it for 1 month at lab conditions. Very interesting read how the body complete changes to almost only fat burn (Ketone bodies), produces big amounts of grow hormone to protect the muscles.

I think a kind of natural thing. Like winter time in Europe we almost no food. And the quick build up of fat from carbs like in autumn when there is plenty of food and fat for the winter is needed.

Unfortunately I don't find the original writing anymore. Will try to locate it again.

I was in my 20s when I did the fast.

It was inspired more by a spiritual exploration after reading some new age book with quick weight loss as an expected benefit.

I wasn't really thinking about set point reset. It's not like that information wasn't available then, just not on my radar.

A lot of the time on the fast, after the hunger, was kind of a light, blissful feeling almost like a pleasant drug high.

Anyway, back to the here and now.

The first day off the GC I didn't notice any change of feeling.

If anything, I was feeling some anxiety that there was some health problem I've developed because trust me the quite low appetite and lack of cravings is not natural or normal for me.

Then slowly some signs of getting back to my natural chemistry are showing.

Last night I almost ordered a dish that I think I would have avoided on the GC. It wasn't a horrible dish, just kind of a richer sauce which I would have mostly not eaten, but still, a bad sign, the desire was there to order it. But they were out so I ended up ordering a healthier choice.

The same night before that, I felt a CRAVING pop into my mind -- PIZZA. I didn't do anything about it, it's not like eating pizza a few times a year is a disaster, it isn't at all, but the change was the specific CRAVING for it.

Today I had a light breakfast and then a decent sized but healthy enough lunch. It wouldn't have been a big enough lunch on the GC to make me not want to eat dinner. However I'm pretty sure it was more than enough so that I wouldn't think about eating until dinner.

Well, not this time.

I realized there was still a hunger. Not a big one but something.

I passed a bubble tea outlet that I've passed so many times on GC with pretty much no chance of any desire to order one.

This time I definitely felt the craving. But I didn't get one.

Went home and had a fresh fruit snack instead.

Based on this slow and not disturbing at all progressive out of GC influence back to my more natural self, I assume the cravings and hunger will probably get stronger.

Don't get me wrong. I was never one to cave to every craving, like getting a gelato or bubble tea every time I passed a vendor. But occasionally yes.

I think what's hopefully different now is that on the GC I have been consistently eating a very healthy diet. I knew how to do that before but before I did have issues with portion control and cravings.

So far, I think this is a really good thing that I'm trying a break from GC. But it's just started.

Pizza doesn't need to be as bad as it sounds.

I make them myself frequently. The bottom is relative thin and contains no fat (but lots of carbs), tomato paste (100% tomato) herbs, garlic, lean good ham, real cheese, a few pieces of salami.

Not the best choice of food on a diet but not a killer, if you cut back on other things instead.

I think a Pizza Company pizza would be something complete different.

Good luck.....

Well now I'm further along into my no GC adventure and it has been quite interesting.

I would think by now the GC would be completely out of my system (not that I really know) but there are other factors like how my body adjusted to having it all the time for so long and the "recovery" period from that, also unknown.

I was wondering how it would be changed now as far as my "relationship" with food.

Back to exactly the same as before the GC or more surprisingly exactly the same as on the GC.

Still somewhat surprisingly on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being back to before starting GC, I feel I am about at 7.

Not having big issues with hunger or cravings. A few times I've noticed a strong compulsion to have a slightly bigger portion of something than I know I would have on GC but also today for example I had a big lunch and can do with only a snack for dinner, just as on GC. That would pretty much be never before GC.

One interesting incident, I was in a social situation and there were unexpected external STRESS stimuli and I noticed I felt compelled to eat a bigger portion .... and it could tell it was motivated by the feeling of STRESS and I'm certain that wouldn't have happened like that on GC. But it wasn't much more food and it was healthy enough food anyway, so literally no biggie.

As some may know, a lot of literature showing that GC works best for people who are motivated to eat related to EMOTIONS (such as stress, etc.) and that would probably be me.

So far I am maintaining the same weight and while it is somewhat more difficult to do than before, in sum, it really isn't very difficult at all, the contrast really being that on GC it was super easy.

Also, although I don't expect it, it wouldn't totally shock me if I even LOSE a little weight in this break from GC ... if so, not sure what I will do with that information.

It's probably too early in this to draw any final conclusions. But at this point anyway, I feel I will definitely be OK off this for 3 weeks or a month and expect no weight gain, and then I will almost definitely try the GC again to see if the break means it will work again to push some new weight loss.

Also encouraging about this is that based on this experience it seem that WHEN I do decide to accept a maintenance phase as where I'm really at (rather than still striving for more weight loss) I can be OK with no GC or perhaps just a little GC, perhaps upping the dose when I know there are going to be stresses such as when travelling.

Well updated this saga again.

It's been about two weeks now on the GC break.

I've got the hunger and cravings under good control. Yesterday I had a larger than usual lunch and didn't feel like dinner (except a snack) so that was about the same as on GC.

Presumably there is no more GC in my system and the percentage "feeling" of hunger and craving control is still pretty much as reported here before (not the same as on GC but still pretty good).

I do still feel potentially more vulnerable to stress/emotional type "triggers" that GC controls so well.

As far as weight, it's in the same general range as before but now I'm pretty sure there won't be any weight loss during this one month break and some hints there may be a gain of perhaps a kilo.

Hopefully not, and not really worried about a short term kilo.

One bit of "news" since last post was an experience of quite severe CONSTIPATION.

TMI? Well, perhaps but it's probably relevant because one warning you get when STARTING GC is that you're to expect some changes in digestive patterns.

It's been so long since I started that I forgot that, but yes it did happen, so it shouldn't be a surprise that there are some changes when abruptly STOPPING.

It got to the point where I thought I had take some laxative like SENNA to deal with it ... but then I found on the net that you can eat a few prunes as long as you like without fear of damage ... where SENNA you can't. So I started on the two prunes and well ... not suffering anymore. Two is the suggested minimum ... take more if that's not enough.

Yes I already eat lots and lots of fiber, at least most days.

JT ,,, what is your daily diet ? including liquid ,,,, hoping you will be honest enough to post it all without exclusions ... cheers

You want me to keep a daily log and post it?

Dude, I've posted extensively before on the general guidelines of my food intake and I've kept to that for years now.

I was even losing weight on that program (but bigger portions because my hunger was so much greater) before using the GC but it was very slow ... like 5 or 10 pounds a year.

GC kicked that up until I hit this wall I'm at now.

OK, now I'm well into my test with a one month GC break. I seem to be able to maintain the same weight even though it does feel HARDER to do that (feeling more cravings and hunger) and also more vulnerable to external stress triggering eating.

Before I said I might gain a kilo in one month. Not sure I really will, but am now pretty confident it won't be more than a kilo. Of course one kilo in ONE month is no tragedy ... but imagine one kilo per month for two years ... do the math.

So a "maintenance" phase where I'd be at risk of gaining a kilo a month is not what I want ... but not yet making any firm conclusions.

Feeling very impatient now to do the next phase, the test of what happens after the GC break to start the GC again. The break is going as well as I could have hoped for but the acid test (literally HCA acid) will be if starting again after the break triggers some fresh weight loss.

At this point, my hopes/expectations are very modest. If I could lose 10 pounds a year with 3 months on GC, 1 month off ... that would be above my expectations. Even 5 would be pretty good ... per year.

So this test, starting again with the GC, will probably determine whether my current weight is going to be "as good as it gets" or not.

I do have one other "trick" in reserve if that doesn't work.

That is to change my food intake somewhat.

I have read that some people who don't get weight loss results with GC don't because their food intake is too HIGH FIBER.

Well my food intake is quite high fiber (mostly vegetables and fruits and some grain).

So after the 3 month test of my usual high fiber intake and no results ... I guess another change worth trying is to lower the fiber and perhaps replace with more lean PROTEIN. To me that's a bit of a last resort as I really enjoy what I have been eating ... and don't really fancy eating a lot more lean protein, but will cross that bridge if it comes.

If all these tactics fail to spur new weight loss ... then I think I'll be looking at accepting status quo ... which I might need at least a little GC to insure.

As far as predictions ... well, not that this is based on anything, but my current prediction is that I WILL start losing a moderate amount of weight again when I start the GC after the break. I can't really justify that prediction ... the proof is in the pudding (but not eating the pudding because I honestly don't even want to eat the pudding).

JT ,,, what is your daily diet ? including liquid ,,,, hoping you will be honest enough to post it all without exclusions ... cheers

You want me to keep a daily log and post it?

Dude, I've posted extensively before on the general guidelines of my food intake and I've kept to that for years now.

I was even losing weight on that program (but bigger portions because my hunger was so much greater) before using the GC but it was very slow ... like 5 or 10 pounds a year.

GC kicked that up until I hit this wall I'm at now.

i sent you a book did you read it ? i have another but its 500 pages once you read the other ... i would like to see you achieve your goals and if you have stalled then you need some left field thinking ... well i guess i could go back and check your posts, but hell you have 52,000 plus lol ... dont have that much time ...anyway pm me if you want a kickstart in a new direction

I don't recall. Anyway I'm working on my own style of left field thinking now and I think it's worth playing it out as I am OK with my current size and very happy with my eating style as well.

Archived