The 1฿ Note

TomTom55

Hello everybody, hope your weekend is going well.

My partner gave me this a while ago, well she has kept it in fact for ages and I asked if I could have it and she said yea ok. It is kept in a plastic wrapper and it is a 1 Thai baht note. I can speak Thai so I have asked a few people I know how old it is and how much it may be worth, nobody could give me a good answer lol. So I have three questions here if you may be able to help me, and if a mod moves the thread, let me know where because it'll probably take me a year to find it again.

Q1. Where in Hua Hin could I take this to get it laminated and would that be a good idea?

Q2. How old do you think it is? The Kind looks to be between 18-25 and somebody said it isn't even the current king..

Q3. How much would it be worth and will it increase in value if I were to keep it?

The condition isn't as bad as the phot makes out, the wrapping makes it hard to get a good photo due to it reflecting light and what not.

Thanks in advance people,
-Tom

post-128492-0-72786800-1361618153_thumb.

post-128492-0-69898900-1361618172_thumb.

It looks like the 9th series, so from somewhere between 1954 and 1957.

I have no idea if it's rare or not, but even if it is it will be practically worthless in the condition it's in.

Sophon

Yea it is not in great condition but the foil and the photo itself doesn't do it much justice trust me. It looks a lot better IRL. Still, not great condition.

Cool thanks. Well I also have two 10baht notes in fine condition, I am going to get this 1฿ note laminated anyway, and considering I am only 24 and it already being over 60 years old, why not?

And why not.

I have quite a few old notes as well as the 60 Baht notes that I have because i find them interesting. I'm not interested in them as an investment. just something a bit different :)

Cool thanks. Well I also have two 10baht notes in fine condition, I am going to get this 1฿ note laminated anyway, and considering I am only 24 and it already being over 60 years old, why not?

And why not.

I have quite a few old notes as well as the 60 Baht notes that I have because i find them interesting. I'm not interested in them as an investment. just something a bit different smile.png

That is the first reason that sprung to mind for why I wanted to have it from my girlfriend, also the 10฿ note that I have. It is a bit of history and when I am older still (if I get to be much older, who knows what's around the corner), it will be even more interesting.

LOL that guy is selling current 100THB bills for 630THB...now that's one way to make a living cheesy.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THAILAND-100-Baht-Banknote-World-Money-Currency-BILL-Asia-Note-p114-2005-King-/230847448951?pt=Paper_Money&hash=item35bf948777

(Free shipping mind!)

Edited by dave111223

Seriously who the hell is going to buy that? You would have to be really quite stupid to buy that. I have before thought of what I could sell on ebay from here to make money, the VERY LAST thing that would have ever crossed my mind would have been 100baht notes.

Do NOT laminate it.

That will make it worthless to a collector.

Find a plastic sleeve and keep it in that.

Yep.

I'd been picking up notes from around the world (old and new) for a good 30 years which I added to my fathers small collection from his merchant navy days. He died end of 2011 so when I was in the UK middle of last year I sold them and got 900 quid. All the notes were in a couple of plastic sleeve albums. Most of the notes were just ones I had left in my wallet along with a few that people around the world have given me along the way. Never bought a note as such though I did put the odd one in a book with the intent of taking back if I got it mint from the bank. Real cost would have been 40-50 quid max which made them a good investment.