New Life In Uk Test Book (March 2013) Thai Version?

Indeed, as the main purpose of the LitUK test is, and always has been, to test the candidate's English, producing the study materials in other languages seems somewhat superfluous.

Although, if taking the test in Wales one can take it in Welsh, or if in Scotland in Scottish Gaelic; so presumably the official study materials are available in those languages too.

However, whilst HMSO don't produce versions in other languages, I believe some commercial companies do, so a Google or similar search may produce something.

Edited by 7by7

There is no official translation but I bought a translated version from Amazon a few months ago which was from 2010 and my wife passed the test reading only that and using the practice questions from various internet sites - we never even saw the official study material (but this is probably not advisable!!).

I don't think much changed since 2010 in terms of the overall information but I also recall reading somewhere that they were going to update the bank of questions quite soon. Whether that means they will also update the study material significantly or not I don't know. If they do I am sure that someone will produce a translation for commercial gain at some point in the near future.

My wife found a lot more information searching through Google in Thai than I could searching in English so maybe your partner will need to do a bit of research on this as well.

Edited by dracos

• 3 weeks later...

Garuda Publications (the ppl who produce the book) have not yet decided if they will update to the new version. http://www.garudapublications.com/

TSO in the Uk will have the Guide & the test questions (books) available in print after the 26th March.....mines been on order since January!...when they get here I'm gonna have to post them to LOS cos' missus is going on holiday and she'll need to study them in time for her test on her return!

thanks for the link chronos.

can someone tell me please, what is the difference between the march 2013 version, of life in the uk book, and the previous version? have they just added one new chapter or is the whole book different?

i see http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp?FO=1278111&TRACKID=003927

have the new questions book for 2013

Edited by kunash

Kunash....The new version is based on what the Government believes to be more current and appropriate matter/subjects...more up to date in modern UK. Which probably makes sense.

There is only ONE book available from the TSO at the moment and thats the Guide for New Residents 3rd edition..@ £12.99....the other TWO books...the Official Practice Questions & the Official Study guide both @ £7.99 will be available after the 26th March.

Try this site for a little 'taster' on the questions...http://ukcitizenshipsupport.com/chapter-test/chapter-testfeq/

have fun!

Kunash....The new version is based on what the Government believes to be more current and appropriate matter/subjects...more up to date in modern UK. Which probably makes sense.

There is only ONE book available from the TSO at the moment and thats the Guide for New Residents 3rd edition..@ £12.99....the other TWO books...the Official Practice Questions & the Official Study guide both @ £7.99 will be available after the 26th March.

Try this site for a little 'taster' on the questions...http://ukcitizenshipsupport.com/chapter-test/chapter-testfeq/

have fun!

I agree that the new book is much more relevant to the present day and recent history.

My wife looked through and considered it much more interesting to read but is glad she has already passed the old one.

It is also good to see that I can fail both and I have only been here all my life.