Unable To Reply To A Post

Kerryd

Good day. I was trying to reply to a post in the "Blues Factory 5th Year Anniversary" topic of the Pattaya Forum.

For some strange reason, the cursor won't click in the "reply" box and therefore I can not type or delete anything in the box. When I try and click within the box, the cursor changes to that little circle with the line through it, indicating I'm not allowed to do that action.

Where ever I move my cursor (within the reply box, to the left and/or bottom of it, I see in the status bar (on the bottom) the URL for Mantra Decor, as though I was highlighting a link.

If I move my cursor over one of the ads on the right side, the URL in the status bar changes to what ever ad is shown. As soon as I "curse" back to the "reply" box, the Mantra Decor URL appears again.

I even closed out my browser and started it again. Same problem.

I went to a different forum and was able to reply normally, and (obviously) create a new topic.

I only tried replying to one topic within the Pattaya forum, but it appears that other members are able to reply normally (maybe ?).

What browser and version are you using?

Operating system and version?

I.E., ver 6.0.2800.

Windoze XP Pro, (2002 ver, with SP 1)

(first time I've encountered a problem like this on this site)

What browser and version are you using?

Operating system and version?

I.E., ver 6.0.2800.

Windoze XP Pro, (2002 ver, with SP 1)

(first time I've encountered a problem like this on this site)

Adblocking software plays havoc with buttons sometimes, are you running any? If so try disabling it and re-trying.

Is it only on that topic?

Not running any ad-blocking software, and I've rebooted my pc (cold booted this morning after 7 hour shut-down).

It's still only happening in the Pattaya forum. Every where else on the site I can reply normally.

The only thing I can think of is the Mantra Decor ad banner (over-lapping code ?).

That might explain why the (Mantra Decor) URL keeps popping up in my lower status bar when I try replying to a post.

This does appear to be the issue with the reply buttons at the top when using IE. The other reply buttons work ok, and all of them work with firefox. Hopefully we can fix this easily.

cv

I was able to post replies in the Pattaya forum using the "AddReply" buttons at the top and bottom of the page (thanks for the idea Vic !),

but I noticed that the Mantra-Decor URL still appears when ever the cursor is over the text box.

I did notice a slight problem even with that. I was able to click in the text box and type text, but if I tried to click on some text (to highlight it for example, or to correct a spelling error), the system wouldn't allow it. I had to move the cursor using the arrow keys to get to where I wanted to be.

At least now I can add my "pithy" comments to all those hot topics in the Pattaya forum !! :o

Edited by Kerryd

I have to agree, there is something wrong there.

I wanted to post a laughing smiley at this comment...

p.s. I don't believe I offended anyone that night, but if I did, I apologize.

But couldn't.

If you look at the formatting of the whole Pattaya forum there is something just a little bit wrong.

I have temporary disabled that banner. Does it work now?

Confused...

Yep that sorted it for me. Just tried replying to a post in break in thread and all seems well, i could place the cursor where i wanted it and i could also use the quote button. Looks like you have found your problem mate :o

Edited by daleyboy

I have temporary disabled that banner. Does it work now?

Confused...

Works normally now and the URL doesn't show up in the status bar anymore.

Obviously something wonky in the code for that particular banner.

At least it keeps you busy (fixing little problems) ! :o

Thanks !