How Much Can I Get For Iphone 4S?

Shurup

I've finally convinced my GF to switch to Android, too bad she didn't listen to me before she bought it. The phone is black, 16 Gb and is about a year old, always been in case with screen protectors since new so no scratches on it or anything.

How much can I expect to get for it?

I did some checking of classified ads and 4S were going for 13,000, was told by some Thai friends that shops sell second hand 4s for 14k. :-)

3500 seems like a rip off, don't know who would trade it in for such price.

Edited by Shurup

On reflection I think a fair price for something which is upgrading so fast and which has partially used it's battery life and guarantee would be no more than 40% of the new price.......which was?

If I were a seller I would consider that fair too.

(that would be an unblemished one year old example)

Edited by cheeryble

I did some checking of classified ads and 4S were going for 13,000, was told by some Thai friends that shops sell second hand 4s for 14k. :-)

I could sell mine a while back for 10-11 at mbk finally gave it to the GF as i upgraded to an S3.

So maybe you could get 12k fo it would be a fair price more than fair actually.

You can buy them brand new from apple for 12 or 14 k can't remember which,2nd hand they seem to be around 8-10 k depends how quick you want to sell really

The iPhone 4s 16 GB sells for THB 19500 at Apple store : http://store.apple.com/th/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone4s

The iPhone 4 8 GB sells for THB 14500 at the Apple store: http://store.apple.com/th/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone4

• Like 1

^

either way considering just over a year ago these phones were selling for 25-35 k a used one is a bargain now, I'd say you get them for 8-10 k in mbk, next time I'm in Bangkok I will be trading in my iPhone 3g for the 4s.

I will never ever again buy a second hand phone (although I have to admit, I never bought a second hand iPhone) and the reason being, the second hand phone I bought lasted a couple of months then had to be fixed again and again.

After it packed up after the second time of fixing I just threw it in the garbage bin, and bought a brand spanking new one and that is still working perfectly for almost 5 years. However my wife is pushing me to buy a new one (but that's a different story ) whistling.gif

Just as reference, I sold my friend's 4 for 8000, alright condition, sold my own 4 (broken back, screwed up home button for 6000) so I'm guessing late 9k or early 10k for you?

It's a 4s, not a 4 !!

Yes I can read, I did say for reference, as in xxxx for 4, should get more for 4s. Duh.

Just as reference, I sold my friend's 4 for 8000, alright condition, sold my own 4 (broken back, screwed up home button for 6000) so I'm guessing late 9k or early 10k for you?

It's a 4s, not a 4 !!

Yes I can read, I did say for reference, as in xxxx for 4, should get more for 4s. Duh.

A mint 4s fetching more than a broken 4, unbelievable ! :)

How much can I expect to get for it?

Wholesale (trade in) or retail (sale to a private third party)?

Wholesale is 8,000 - 9,000, retail is 12,000 - 13,000. Based on a very quick review at getapple.

NiB is 19,500 all in.

Edited by lomatopo

^

either way considering just over a year ago these phones were selling for 25-35 k a used one is a bargain now, I'd say you get them for 8-10 k in mbk, next time I'm in Bangkok I will be trading in my iPhone 3g for the 4s.

I will never ever again buy a second hand phone (although I have to admit, I never bought a second hand iPhone) and the reason being, the second hand phone I bought lasted a couple of months then had to be fixed again and again.

After it packed up after the second time of fixing I just threw it in the garbage bin, and bought a brand spanking new one and that is still working perfectly for almost 5 years. However my wife is pushing me to buy a new one (but that's a different story ) whistling.gif

offtopic2.gif

I guess my phone must have read this topic, as today my trusted phone has throw in the towel. bah.gif

Screen is sometimes working and sometimes not, but I am not going to send it to be fixed.

But at least my wife is happy, as I am now in the market for a new phone, and she has the choice (promised her that long time ago) sad.png

You are right, coming back to this post, I did in fact get ฿13 500.-. M y wife mentioned this last night.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...