Retirement Visa New Requirements

Normally, on the visa forum, which this is not, wild rumors about major visa changes topics are closed unless/until there is actually any official announcement from credible sources. These kinds of rumors upset some people for no good reason. Real stuff can be scary enough.

• Like 2

I haven't heard of that.

But it shouldn't cause a problem to legitimate retirement extension holders.

What does that have to do with it....? There are people living here legitimately on a retirement visa who bring in their Pension funds on a monthly basis and don't have or want to have 800,000 Baht sitting in a Thai Bank.

Unlikely to be true, it is there as an alternative to 65k a month income and it is for spending. I keep the 800k untouched (just my choice) and have been asked a couple of times over the years why I have not used any of it.

edit was replying to the op.

Edited by ThaidDown

What bar did you hear this rumor at?

Bar...?? Hehehe!! Don't have time for such sophisticated leisure.... I was on the phone with a friend of mine who is also a TV member and said to me " by the way it looks like now the money for retirees visas will have to be in the bank all year around" Someone she knows went to Immigration for their retirement visa a couple of weeks ago and apparently this is what he was told at immigration... I find it hard to believe myself but just thought I would ask because I couldn't find anything on the Immigration Forum...

Your friend.

A tv member. Wow!

Knows somebody else.

Who supposedly talked to an unidentified person at immigration.

OK. Got it now.

So if there was some remote trace to some person at immigration, why didn't you say that in the first place? Curious.

No, I do NOT believe this obvious rumor. Not one bit.

Edited by Jingthing

What bar did you hear this rumor at?

Bar...?? Hehehe!! Don't have time for such sophisticated leisure.... I was on the phone with a friend of mine who is also a TV member and said to me " by the way it looks like now the money for retirees visas will have to be in the bank all year around" Someone she knows went to Immigration for their retirement visa a couple of weeks ago and apparently this is what he was told at immigration... I find it hard to believe myself but just thought I would ask because I couldn't find anything on the Immigration Forum...

Probably the official was having a bad day and you were wearing shorts and flip flops. laugh.png

Oh you fashionista coffee1.gif