O-a Visa...financial Qualification

I have heard a rumor that the financial qualification for an O-A visa (currently 800,000bht) is to be increased in June 2006 to 1,200,000 or 1,400,000 baht. :D

Has anybody got any actual solid information on this or know where this can be confirmed or not? :o

if they do I will not be using the retirement visa option, too much money to tie up in a Thai bank account with too much downside.

having said that, even if you have a decent passport countries like Oz and USA require ridiculous sums for retirement/investment visas.

I have heard a rumor that the financial qualification for an O-A visa (currently 800,000bht) is to be increased in June 2006 to 1,200,000 or 1,400,000 baht. :D

Has anybody got any actual solid information on this or know where this can be confirmed or not? :o

At this point in time "grimreaper" you are the only person with there cards on the table. You heard a rumor (and I for one appreciate the heads up) but, from who? where? and in what conversational context did you hear this rumor :D

Further information, if available, will be appreciated by all the retirees here I am sure :D

It could be there some truth in it. See the other person who was told the

goal posts have moved for visas based on marriage...........

However, wait until it happens.

It will be annonced in the press, if it is real change.

As I said before, this was a rumor I heard which supposedly originated from someone talking to an immigration officer. That was the reason I asked the question here on thaivisa.com.

However, my visa is due to be renewed on the 18th of this month. I will take the opportunity to ask the immigration officers myself and will post the response so that everyone interested will know what the situation is. :o

If they should ask me ,such amount of money for make a visa, I'd don't make any kind of visa.

I'd go back to my country every 6 mounts. I'd save much money , and no one bath in a any thai bank.

The axagerate things are never good.

Anyway same as I said before. Don't care about the rumors.

I have heard a rumor that the financial qualification for an O-A visa (currently 800,000bht) is to be increased in June 2006 to 1,200,000 or 1,400,000 baht. :o

It may well have been nothing more than one of the 'Barroom Barristers' getting £ and $ confused before converting to ฿. :D

Edited by Noel

It may well have been nothing more than one of the 'Barroom Barristers' getting £ and $ confused before converting to ฿. :o
Astute analysis! On 5 March (date of original post):

THB 400,000 = USD 20,571

THB 1,400,000 = GBP 20,511

--------------

Maestro

It may well have been nothing more than one of the 'Barroom Barristers' getting £ and $ confused before converting to ฿. :o
Astute analysis! On 5 March (date of original post):

THB 400,000 = USD 20,571

THB 1,400,000 = GBP 20,511

--------------

Maestro

Your'e way out on that Dollar amount Maestro. Off to bed with you,

your'e not getting enough sleep :D

Naka.

I am hoping if that happens they will grandfather in the 800,000 for those that have been doing it already. :D

The last time the requirement increased it was grandfathered of the retired,

but not for the married............... :o