Samsung Unveils A Comfortable, Functional Galaxy Note 8

lomatopo

CNET Editors' Take February 23, 2013 6:00 PM PST

BARCELONA, Spain--After months of leaked pics and rumors, Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 is now officially a corporeal thing of reality. If I can trust in my senses, today I actually got to touch and use the Note 8 for a limited time. What follows are my impressions. Look for in the second quarter of 2013. A price has yet to be announced.

The Note 8 definitely feels different than a typical 7-inch tablet; it's noticeably wider of course, but still feels comfortable in my hands. It's a simple, elegant design with really smooth edges and corners. The Note 8 feels to be made of the same stuff as the Note 10.1, wIth a bit more metal thrown in for durability sake. It's also fairly thin and at only 0.74 pounds it's only slightly heavier than the iPad Mini.

Hands on with Samsung's Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet
Armando Rodriguez
@megapenguinx Feb 24, 2013 9:02 AMprint
BARCELONA—With the Galaxy Note 8.0 introduced prior to this week’s Mobile World Congress, Samsung has given us an an Android-powered 8-inch tablet that promises enough unique features to help it stand out from the other tablets out there today.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2029197/hands-on-with-samsungs-galaxy-note-8-0-tablet.html

The “in-between” Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet is a great idea

I’ve been doing a lot of reading and watching when it comes to the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 that’s shown up over at MWC 2013, and I have to admit that I like what I see. The device looks to come in pretty standard Samsung form with the plastic backing, and it serves as an in-betweener device amongst the Galaxy Note II smartphone and the Galaxy Note 10.1-inch tablet. As an added bonus, on the international version of the Galaxy Note 8.0 you can actually make phone calls if you really wanted to as it features both an earpiece and a microphone for voice calls. Is it overkill, or is it the future of tablets?

http://www.phonedog.com/2013/02/24/the-in-between-galaxy-note-8-0-tablet-is-a-great-idea/

Edited by lomatopo