Cnx Big Bike Heads Up

KRS1

Came home today and a woman from the tax department was talking to the security guard about 3 enduro bikes parked in the apartment parking lot.

Seems like theyre going after people where they live now.

Lock em up, lock em together folks there's another sweep going down.

If you dodge a tax, they can come and find you to collect it regardless of you ride it or not. It is this way in our countries and it will be the same in Thailand.

It is not this way in my country, Canada. If a vehicle is parked on a private property, it can be left uninsured and unregistered and nobody can do anything about it. Furthermore, if you operate it on your private property you don't have to have insurance and you don't need to renew the registration (tax).

What if I own a bike here and for whatever reason I parked it at my housr and moved to live back to Canada for a few years, I would not pay the tax as I won't ride it for a while. Are you suggesting someone government official can legally force their way into my property and try to collect the tax, and if there's nobody to collect it from, then what? Are they going to take the bike away? Sounds like a big scale robbery at the government level.

Edited by Shurup
  • Like 1

It is not this way in my country, Canada. If a vehicle is parked on a private property, it can be left uninsured and unregistered and nobody can do anything about it. Furthermore, if you operate it on your private property you don't have to have insurance and you don't need to renew the registration (tax).

Same as you say in the USA

For both cars & bikes.

It is not this way in my country, Canada. If a vehicle is parked on a private property, it can be left uninsured and unregistered and nobody can do anything about it. Furthermore, if you operate it on your private property you don't have to have insurance and you don't need to renew the registration (tax).Same as you say in the USAFor both cars & bikes.

The way I'm reading it is not about the annual road tax or insurance but that this is all about many of the imported big bikes having avoided import duty/tax.

• Like 1

If you dodge a tax, they can come and find you to collect it regardless of you ride it or not. It is this way in our countries and it will be the same in Thailand.

What if I own a bike here and for whatever reason I parked it at my housr and moved to live back to Canada for a few years, I would not pay the tax as I won't ride it for a while. Are you suggesting someone government official can legally force their way into my property and try to collect the tax, and if there's nobody to collect it from, then what? Are they going to take the bike away? Sounds like a big scale robbery at the government level.

if you hadn't noticed the bikes are in Thailand not Canada or the states, totally different laws and enforcement.

if you hadn't noticed the bikes are in Thailand not Canada or the states, totally different laws and enforcement.

I think you hadn't noticed he was replying to the part I bold'ed above in LL's post ;)

• Like 1

What does this all mean?

Do you mean folks with unregistered bikes are getting them confiscated from their home parking areas?

Just wondering

Sorry, i should have mentioned that she gave the security guard explicit instructions to call her when the bikes leave the property...ridden off.

But more than likely yes, they are doing the rounds at places of living.