Prison Stories

Star Dust

Thanks Stardust for sharing your story! We talked about this via private message and I can tell you that your story is being published on my website in Dutch at the moment. People are stunned by the quality and the story itself! Thanks!

Best of luck for you, your wife and kid. I'm sure you will be alright. Please update us once in a while about how you are getting along!

Yeah, I've seen your publishings on your webpage. I can read actually most of it. Dutch is like a mix of German and English to me. I saw you translated word for word. Thanks, and you are welcome.

Be in touch.

In Austria I'll have more time to write, so there will be more. In German, and English.

Star Dust

I did not know that German is spoken in Austria

Thanks Stardust for sharing your story! We talked about this via private message and I can tell you that your story is being published on my website in Dutch at the moment. People are stunned by the quality and the story itself! Thanks!

Best of luck for you, your wife and kid. I'm sure you will be alright. Please update us once in a while about how you are getting along!

Yeah, I've seen your publishings on your webpage. I can read actually most of it. Dutch is like a mix of German and English to me. I saw you translated word for word. Thanks, and you are welcome.

Be in touch.

In Austria I'll have more time to write, so there will be more. In German, and English.

Star Dust

German is the national official language of Austria.

Be in touch.

Star Dust

German is the national official language of Austria.

Thanks shaggy. Yeah, we speak German in Austria. As a matter in fact we're capable of speaking many languages, compared to an native English speaker.

Some comments are really like: hand-slap-forehead....OMG! <deleted>?......Can this be?

I'm leaving for Europe next week, only to return to Thailand to see my family for 2, maybe 3 month a year. It will take me a couple of years saving up sufficient funds to maybe come back here for a year or so, if I still want to.

My spouse and I agreed, that she and my son are to remain in Thailand. It's their home after all. No selfish thoughts there. Or they might visit in Europe, if the weather allows it.

That's a mistake Stardust, and from this whole sorry episode, you'll find that to be the sorest punishment of all. Get your wife and son back to Europe with you, and you all visit Thailand for two to three months a year.

The division of your family will have long term consequences far beyond what you may expect. To be a stranger to your son is a terrible thing.

Well, I hope it's not another of my infamous mistakes, theblether.

It has been discussed with wife, family and friends, and it is the best solution for now. My wife and son have a house they can live in, good neighbours and friends, the school near by, and many other benefits while remaining here in Thailand. The only thing missing would be me. But there are easy ways of communication like the phone, skype video calls, and so on.

If I would take them with me to Austria, they would have to remain in the apartment everyday waiting for me to return home from work. They really are better off staying in Thailand. I can understand you might think that I'll become a stranger to may son, and thank you for your concern. But I'll call every 2-3 days by video. I'll make that sacrifice to ensure a better, and fnancially more secure future for my Thai family.

I have no family in Austria, just friends. I'll be staying with them, but otherwise be by myself. It's OK. If I wouldn't have come to LOS in the first place, things wouldn't have turned out this way. So it's on me now. And anyway. I'm only 34, my wife 32, and our son 4. We still have time to make it better, for the all of us.

I'd rather prefer them being happy without me, than unhappy with me (in a fincial matter of speaking).

The Thais are not so wrong, when they say that we can't eat love.

I'm leaving for Europe next week, only to return to Thailand to see my family for 2, maybe 3 month a year. It will take me a couple of years saving up sufficient funds to maybe come back here for a year or so, if I still want to.

My spouse and I agreed, that she and my son are to remain in Thailand. It's their home after all. No selfish thoughts there. Or they might visit in Europe, if the weather allows it.

That's a mistake Stardust, and from this whole sorry episode, you'll find that to be the sorest punishment of all. Get your wife and son back to Europe with you, and you all visit Thailand for two to three months a year.

The division of your family will have long term consequences far beyond what you may expect. To be a stranger to your son is a terrible thing.

Well, I hope it's not another of my infamous mistakes, theblether.

It has been discussed with wife, family and friends, and it is the best solution for now. My wife and son have a house they can live in, good neighbours and friends, the school near by, and many other benefits while remaining here in Thailand. The only thing missing would be me. But there are easy ways of communication like the phone, skype video calls, and so on.

If I would take them with me to Austria, they would have to remain in the apartment everyday waiting for me to return home from work. They really are better off staying in Thailand. I can understand you might think that I'll become a stranger to may son, and thank you for your concern. But I'll call every 2-3 days by video. I'll make that sacrifice to ensure a better, and fnancially more secure future for my Thai family.

I have no family in Austria, just friends. I'll be staying with them, but otherwise be by myself. It's OK. If I wouldn't have come to LOS in the first place, things wouldn't have turned out this way. So it's on me now. And anyway. I'm only 34, my wife 32, and our son 4. We still have time to make it better, for the all of us.

I'd rather prefer them being happy without me, than unhappy with me (in a fincial matter of speaking).

The Thais are not so wrong, when they say that we can't eat love.

You get back home and work every hour that God sends to get your family back together as quickly as possible, whether that be in Thailand or Austria.

That drunken night cannot be allowed to cost your son his father, he's the innocent here, as is your wife. I've not commented on this thread before as I had nothing to add, but trust me, on this subject, I am correct.

From personal experience, I am correct.

In saying that I wish you luck in your endeavours, there but for the grace of God go far too many of us, including me. wai.gif

Every hour will be spend on work. That's the plan.

• Like 1

Hi, all, again.

I've got a silly question.

I'm leaving on the 23rd of April from Suvanabhumi airport. I don't know the airport well, other than I was deported from there almost exactly a year ago.

My worry yet again, is that my flight departs at 1.10 a.m. on the 23rd. My Visa expires on the 22nd. So actually I'm technically overstaying for 1 hour and 10 minutes. My e-ticket suggests that I should check in 3 hours prior to my departure, so yet again technically speaking I would check in on the 22nd at 10 p.m, still with a valid Visa, and pass immigration yet again before midnight on the 22nd, and after passing immigration, wait at my designated Gate for my flight at 1.10 a.m., and off I'd be.

Now could the immigration on the airport make me extend my visa, or give me any trouble? OR would they charge me for a day of overstay, because of 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Has anyone had a similar experience, and could anyone give me advice on that matter.

Still trusting in the good in humanity I'd say that it's probably no problem, but I do have to calculate the fact of the "Thai Mental Box"

I'm all ears guys'n girls. Hang'em high brigades are welcome, too.

Star Dust

Hi, all, again.

I'm leaving on the 23rd of April from Suvanabhumi airport. I don't know the airport well, other than I was deported from there almost exactly a year ago.

My worry yet again, is that my flight departs at 1.10 a.m. on the 23rd. My Visa expires on the 22nd. So actually I'm technically overstaying for 1 hour and 10 minutes. My e-ticket suggests that I should check in 3 hours prior to my departure, so yet again technically speaking I would check in on the 22nd at 10 p.m, still with a valid Visa, and pass immigration yet again before midnight on the 22nd, and after passing immigration, wait at my designated Gate for my flight at 1.10 a.m., and off I'd be.

Now could the immigration on the airport make me extend my visa, or give me any trouble? OR would they charge me for a day of overstay, because of 1 hour and 10 minutes.

Has anyone had a similar experience, and could anyone give me advice on that matter.

Still trusting in the good in humanity I'd say that it's probably no problem, but I do have to calculate the fact of the "Thai Mental Box"

Star Dust

-

Worst case scenario B500 and on your way, most likely they'll let it go. . .

• Like 1

Just check-in early and pass immigration counter before midnight, so no overstay and IIRC the immigration officer doesn't check your boarding pass at all.

Stay away from the duty free shopping as they are some scam rumors and you seem to have the jinx biggrin.png

• Like 1

Just check-in early and pass immigration counter before midnight, so no overstay and IIRC the immigration officer doesn't check your boarding pass at all.

Stay away from the duty free shopping as they are some scam rumors and you seem to have the jinx biggrin.png

ok, will do, thanks

What's the "jinx"???????

ok, will do, thanks

What's the "jinx"???????

Wikipedia definition: A jinx is a condition of bad luck possibly by way of a curse.

ok, will do, thanks

What's the "jinx"???????

Wikipedia definition: A jinx is a condition of bad luck possibly by way of a curse.

pfff.....well, King of jinx I'm...lol

Hi, all, again.

Star Dust

I've always believed that you have a grace period of 24 hours for just such occasions?

ok, will do, thanks

What's the "jinx"???????

Bad Ju-juw00t.gif

Hi, all, again.

Star Dust

I've always believed that you have a grace period of 24 hours for just such occasions?

I've traveled with a couple of guys that had 24 hour overstays, one caused by being unable to get an Air Asia flight out of Chiang Mai due to Chinese New Year, on both occasions the immigration desk referred them to the boss and the boss pointed out the error of their ways but graciously let them move on without any fine.

However Stardust would end up serving a life sentence, you know what he's like once he get's started. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Check in early and have 500 baht spare in your pocket, that way your safe both ways. If you don't have to pay the 500 baht go immediately to a bar and drink it!

Safe trip man, stay in touch on the forums!

Sent using the iPad App.

I am in total agreement with theblether.Get your wife and son over to stay with you in Europe if you can,it is not there fault you are bored or disillusioned with Thailand.I know that it is your life and it is none of my business what you do,you are an adult and in control of your own destiny,but please get your priorities right......they say 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' but it can also break and weaken hearts !!!!

Good luck with what ever choices you make.

As another poster has already stated,have 500 baht ready for the overstay fine just in case.

• Like 1

ok, will do, thanks

What's the "jinx"???????

Bad Ju-juw00t.gif

lol, very funny, but my "Ju-Ju" is finetongue.png

Check in early and have 500 baht spare in your pocket, that way your safe both ways. If you don't have to pay the 500 baht go immediately to a bar and drink it!

Safe trip man, stay in touch on the forums!

Sent using the iPad App.

Well, wasted on beers it will be. Is Drunk Flying illegal by the way?

Well, wasted on beers it will be. Is Drunk Flying illegal by the way?

-

Only if you do it like this (investment banker of course).

funny one. I promise I'll use the toilet according to flight regulations. If not, I ought to sht in a bag. Muahahaha.....

Stardust, did everything go ok?

My wife's been telling me about some law changes just recently, about blacklists for ppl even just for overstays. Anyone heard anything about this? I'm planning to apply for my visa next month and go back around September.

Surely any changes to the law wouldn't affect offences committed before that came into play.

Stardust, did everything go ok?

My wife's been telling me about some law changes just recently, about blacklists for ppl even just for overstays. Anyone heard anything about this? I'm planning to apply for my visa next month and go back around September.

Surely any changes to the law wouldn't affect offences committed before that came into play.

Hi fauxie.

Yeah I'm ok.

Back in Vienna, Austria since 2 days. I'll return in 8 month.

No, I haven't heard of any changes prior to my departure. And if there are any they would certainly affect you. Apply for your Visa like you planned, and you'll be fine.

Greetings from a sunny Vienna.

Star Dust