Bangkok: Student, Unable To Take Exam, Decides To Hold Woman Hostage

webfact

Sad story for everyone. Not right. But exams are always stressful and his reaction at least showed he cared about them. I hope that some way can be found for him to continue his studies if he really wants to so much and punishment such that he will not act so stupidly again.

Dudes a psychopath and needs to be treated for his disconnect and to serve jail time because such conduct is not acceptable under any circumstances.

Sad story for everyone. Not right. But exams are always stressful and his reaction at least showed he cared about them. I hope that some way can be found for him to continue his studies if he really wants to so much and punishment such that he will not act so stupidly again.

Part of the issue is how Thai boys are raised. They are brought up to believe they somehow have an elevated status in life. They behave foolishly when things do not go their way, as Thai culture does not seem to teach them about hardship, and bearing the brunt of events, when they do not unfold to our liking. My mother always told me no men were created equal, and life is not fair. It created a lack of expectation within me, when it comes to getting a fair shake. We must create for ourselves, and not expect the earth to simply provide, right? I do not think many Thai men think this way. They seem to have a sense of entitlement. Thai women are far more levelheaded. That is why they run the country. Without Thai women this country would fall apart in 30 days, or less. They are the salvation of this land. Thai men are simply along for the ride.

smile.png Who is the woman behind Thaksin?wai2.gif

As is often preached on this board I suggest that you follow the money trail. The unlovely Pojaman and her family got the lion's share of the kitty on the break up of her marriage. I have always

considered that she was the brains in their relationship and Thaksin himself said that the only person that he took advice from was his wife. I think that she saw that the writing was on the wall for their joint exercise and that he had served his purpose, and was now not wanted baggage on the rest of her voyage through life. So far she has been proved right. She is comfortable ensconced in her own country surrounded by friends and family, he is on the lam with only sycophants for company, most of them with one eye at least on the main chance.

Very well said. He let his ego get ahead of common sense and started to believe he was invincible.

Now his friends all have an eye on his pocket book.

He should have called me first and I would have helped him with 10k just like that.

And then he would become prime minister one day , and "give" me a thai visa without expiration date. w00t.gif

Well, here is how I decide to feel about this:

Under stress, but from whom or what? Didn't say. The police didn't ask. They decided not to arrest the mentally unstable idiot who was on the brink of murdering another human being. The police only want to interrogate him and then turn him loose at the technical school again; or did the reporter fail to mention how the school would deal with this? Yes. The reporter forgot to mention that and a lot more. The police decided that they will let the girl decide his future. I am sure she is contemplating seeing him in the halls for the remainder of her time there at school. Maybe they can get married and spawn some more lunatics. Where is this girls father in the whole affair. That boy would be dead meat in my book. Don't put a knife to my daughters throat and threaten to slit her throat and then let the boys in crap brown flake it off as a poor stressed out man. Don't fail to mention that in all likelihood he'll be allowed to continue his term at the school where his victim has to see him every day and fear for her life, and subsequently not be able to focus on her studies as a result. I guarantee that the boy would be sitting at a restaurant some day and have a tall dark stranger come and sit next to him and explain the facts of life and that it would be practical for him to "decide" to disappear entirely or someone else would decide. So, any fathers out there? I am I wrong in my unfathomable anger towards the reporter, the police, the school, this idiot and his parents?

Thais are so (Rule No.3 to the extreme) stupid that they should be thankful they don't have winters here to weed the herd a bit. I am not thankful. I wish Thailand would have a few winters with ten foot high snowdrifts so that only the strong and quick witted would survive and bring a bit of sense to this comedy of errors.

Translation= police determined they could not get any real money out of the kid, no one was injured. Off to extort motorists.