About To Rent Our First Apartment. Any Words Of Wisdom?

Some condos only have hot water for the shower.

What does this mean? You can't turn the electric heater off?

Several people have mentioned wind. Is wind good or bad? Where I come from in the USA, wind is generally seen as a negative.

Some condos only have hot water for the shower.

What does this mean? You can't turn the electric heater off?

Several people have mentioned wind. Is wind good or bad? Where I come from in the USA, wind is generally seen as a negative.

Wind is good, because it cools you down. More like a gentle breeze in Thailand.

The hot water in the shower doesn't make sense. I don't see how it's possible to only have hot water. You can just switch it off and have cold.

The hot water in the shower doesn't make sense. I don't see how it's possible to only have hot water. You can just switch it off and have cold.

I suspect that the poster meant that some condos dont have hot water in the kitchen sink or bathroom basin, only in the shower. ie just one water heater outlet.

I suspect that the poster meant that some condos dont have hot water in the kitchen sink or bathroom basin, only in the shower. ie just one water heater outlet.

Exactly.

Exactly.

All condos I've lived in or been to in Thailand are like this. It's not a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm, I've never really experienced that. I'm not much of a cook, but besides hand/dish washing, why would we need/want hot water in the kitchen? I'm just wondering.

Funny, my first wife (western) of many years insisted we pour boiling hot water over just washed dishes to sanitize them before drying. Probably unheard of here. Edited by Lopburi99

Hmmmm, I've never really experienced that. I'm not much of a cook, but besides hand/dish washing, why would we need/want hot water in the kitchen? I'm just wondering.

Funny, my first wife (western) of many years insisted we pour boiling hot water over just washed dishes to sanitize them before drying. Probably unheard of here.

Ha! When I was young, my mom made me wash the dishes before loading them into the dishwasher. I thought that was silly (plus I hated doing it) and asked my mom why we had to wash the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. She told me the dishwasher basically just sanitized the dishes.

Hot water in the kitchen sink will prevent a lot of the problems with blocked U-bends that are a regular nuisance in Thailand. The heat stops the fat from congealing.

In the bathroom some people like to be able to shave with hot water in the basin.

I have found that higher quality condos quite often have hot water at multiple points.

• Like 1