• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand plans atmospheric studies, without Nasa
Jutharat Thipnampa
The Nation

BANGKOK:
-- Science and Technology Minister Plodprasop Surassawadee said
yesterday he would seek Bt200 million from Cabinet to fund studies of
the atmosphere to improve weather forecasting and water management.

The Royal Rainmaking Centre's Super King Air aircraft would be equipped
with devices to detect radiation, collect dust samples, gather light and
humidity data at 10-kilometres above the ground, instead of Nasa's
ER2 aircraft, he said. Although it couldn't fly as high as the ER2, the
obtained data should be good enough, he said. Cloud-data balloons would
be used along with ground stations and sea-surveying ships.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/567042-thailand-plans-atmospheric-studies-without-nasa-plodprasop/?hl=+study%20+weather%20+without%20+nasa

What ever happened to this project?

Edited by dcutman

Thailand plans atmospheric studies, without Nasa

Jutharat Thipnampa

The Nation

BANGKOK:

-- Science and Technology Minister Plodprasop Surassawadee said

yesterday he would seek Bt200 million from Cabinet to fund studies of

the atmosphere to improve weather forecasting and water management.

The Royal Rainmaking Centre's Super King Air aircraft would be equipped

with devices to detect radiation, collect dust samples, gather light and

humidity data at 10-kilometres above the ground, instead of Nasa's

ER2 aircraft, he said. Although it couldn't fly as high as the ER2, the

obtained data should be good enough, he said. Cloud-data balloons would

be used along with ground stations and sea-surveying ships.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/567042-thailand-plans-atmospheric-studies-without-nasa-plodprasop/?hl=+study%20+weather%20+without%20+nasa

What ever happened to this project?

Well that's only about 7 million USD. Didn't I read somewhere he was the was the wealthiest member of the real PM's pig trough cabinet?

Edited by Pimay1

The Irish moonshot. Plodprasop take note. No doubt Guinness will sponsor your efforts in advance technology.

I don't think that holding a pop gun to the head of the US will help to gain their assistance. Neither will your cretinous arrogance.

• Like 2

It is pretty interesting to see how little people obviously know about what NASA is actually realy doing:

It would be best for Thailand to say NASA just stay out of the country.

NASA iis heavily involved in weather modification programs. Geo engineering is not a mytrh but simple fact.

History of NASA is also pretty interesting:

Found out of mostly Nazi German Engineers in operation paperclip to use the knowledge of NAZIs to get a head start in science.

... but I guess people will just dream on and think that all and everything coming out of mighty USA is good for every country and everybody should be greatful about the USA building the big empire.

I have not seen anything good coming out of America in the last 70 years !!! [nothing at all !!!]

Thailand should try to be as independent as it possibly can. sadly most members on this forum think otherwise [due to a lack of insight or knowledge of simple facts]

It is pretty interesting to see how little people obviously know about what NASA is actually realy doing:

NASA iis heavily involved in weather modification programs. Geo engineering is not a mytrh but simple fact.

Found out of mostly Nazi German Engineers in operation paperclip to use the knowledge of NAZIs to get a head start in science.

... but I guess people will just dream on and think that all and everything coming out of mighty USA is good for every country and everybody should be greatful about the USA building the big empire.

I have not seen anything good coming out of America in the last 70 years !!! [nothing at all !!!]

Thailand should try to be as independent as it possibly can. sadly most members on this forum think otherwise [due to a lack of insight or knowledge of simple facts]

Don't stop there give us more about evil NASA as most of us lack insight or knowledge of simple facts.

Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 1

Don't stop there give us more about evil NASA as most of us lack insight or knowledge of simple facts.

Hopefully with some links to this dastardly outfit. Here this whole time I was thinking they did some amazing stuff. TROLL tongue.png

Edited by dcutman
  • Like 1

"We have talked with Nasa at the ministerial level several times during the past few months after Nasa cancelled this project last year. This will be an unofficial negotiation round to insist that this project is still important for our country," Anond said.

"The Science and Technology Ministry and Foreign Affairs Ministry have always insisted to Nasa that this project is important for Thailand," he said.

The US National Aeronautics and Space Administration decided to abort its research project into weather conditions in Thailand's skies because the Cabinet was unable to endorse its request to use the U-Tapao naval airbase by June last year and it ran out of time to make logistical preparations.

If Nasa does not agree with Thailand's conditions for this project, the government will not allow the space agency to use any airbase in the country to conduct any research.

"Even if Nasa uses an airbase in a neighbouring country, we will not allow them to survey or collect any data in our skies," he said.

Mmmmm, I have somewhere an excellent course that the Minister should undertake about setting up a successful outcome to a negotiation !!

Point 1 from the text above : NASA did not cancel the project, the Government did not give an agreement to NASA for them to undertake the project prior to the deadline. This si an outstanding example of how politicians here will dodge any form of responsibility and accountability, not only domestically, but here we see it on the world stage!

Point 2 The Government gave no idea to NASA last year that this project was important, if the Government had considered that, then the project would already be underway.

Point 3 Blatant, utter foolhardy school boy talk. NASA already have a plan now to conduct their world climate survey without Thailand, so if I were chief of NASA I would tell the Minister to shove his airbases where the sun doesn't shine.

Point 4 - see point 3. Utter clowns who orgasm at the sound of their own voices on the media, regardless of the poop they are spouting forth. I guess the Minister's major in his PhD was 'Engaging Mouth before Brain', a doctorate that clearly 95% of politicians and Ministers in this country have undertaken.

Thank God it's Friday, break out the cold Chang and strike a light to the BBQ.

NASA also have their own Cunning Plan, they're going to overfly the country at night, when the highly-trained Isaan-SAM missile-crew can't see to light the fuse, and anyway are usually taking a well-earned break for refreshments ! burp.gifdrunk.gif

I'll for sure keep a sharp lookout and let you guys know when they overfly Udon. I will even volunteer my services to put my IP camera on top of the house. It has a motion detector option that records video. NOTHING ecapes it's night vision. Then I can post the video on youtube showing the evil and dasterdly deeds of NASA they learned from the Nazies. I may consider changing my login name to Col. Klink.

original.jpg#hogans%20heroes

Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 1

If Nasa does not agree with Thailand's conditions for this project, the government will not allow the space agency to use any airbase in the country to conduct any research.

That will be a killer blow to their Man on Uranus project.

• Like 1

Genuinely idiotic aren't they. Does anyone reckon that by the time they overfly the rest of Asia, that some boffin and a Kray computer can't fill in the gaps for Thailand.

It us almost as though they want to charge nasa to do something they do for free.

Is that part of the Man U tour?

NASA also have their own Cunning Plan, they're going to overfly the country at night, when the highly-trained Isaan-SAM missile-crew can't see to light the fuse, and anyway are usually taking a well-earned break for refreshments ! burp.gifdrunk.gif

I'll for sure keep a sharp lookout and let you guys know when they overfly Udon. I will even volunteer my services to put my IP camera on top of the house. It has a motion detector option that records video. NOTHING ecapes it's night vision. Then I can post the video on youtube showing the evil and dasterdly deeds of NASA they learned from the Nazies. I may consider changing my login name to Col. Klink.

original.jpg#hogans%20heroes

The good colonel will doubtless give the hapless tipsy missilers a real rocket, if they miss, but happily 'I Know Nothink !' about it. rolleyes.gif

In related high-tech news today, I learn that the Isaan rocket now has a homing-pigeon tied to the nose, so it can track the NASA-plane in flight ! biggrin.png

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif The point of the whole project was to monitor a continuous period form the start of the Souteast Asia Monsoon season and follow it from it's start down south in Indonesia, up through Malaysia, and document it's development as it moved northward up through Thailand and into Laos until it ended in the far north..

It was to monitor the monsoon development over the whole season, of which Thaiand is only affected by a part of the monsoon season process.

That's why they needed Utapao and especially the NASA U-2 high altitude flights to mo.nitor the change and the development of the monsoon at altitudes the Thai planes can't fly or the duration they can;t match at such altitudes.

Thailand's missed the boat for this year's season already..

So, now there's no point in doing such a thing until next year's monsoon season.

Thailand missed the boat this year.... but maybe next year.That point was explained to them well over a year ago.

The scientists understood, but as usual the politicians were to stupid to understand.

• Like 2

Isn't that the top-secret code-name, for the rapid-response rocket-team based in Pattaya's Boystown, defending the key approaches to Utapao ? whistling.gif

NASA also have their own Cunning Plan, they're going to overfly the country at night, when the highly-trained Isaan-SAM missile-crew can't see to light the fuse, and anyway are usually taking a well-earned break for refreshments ! :burp::drunk:

I'll for sure keep a sharp lookout and let you guys know when they overfly Udon. I will even volunteer my services to put my IP camera on top of the house. It has a motion detector option that records video. NOTHING ecapes it's night vision. Then I can post the video on youtube showing the evil and dasterdly deeds of NASA they learned from the Nazi

s. I may consider changing my login name to Col. Klink.

original.jpg#hogans heroes

The good colonel will doubtless give the hapless tipsy missilers a real rocket, if they miss, but happily 'I Know Nothink !' about it. :rolleyes:

In related high-tech news today, I learn that the Isaan rocket now has a homing-pigeon tied to the nose, so it can track the NASA-plane in flight ! :D

Yep never under estimate these Esaan boys when it comes to rockets. :D

• Like 1

Isn't that the top-secret code-name, for the rapid-response rocket-team based in Pattaya's Boystown, defending the key approaches to Utapao ?

You let the cat out of the manbag now. :(

• Like 1

"We will not only send our scientists to join this project, but also want to have more participation in the decisions to designate the flight routes, the approach to collecting cloud and atmospheric data, the airbase that will be used for this mission or even the equipment that will be installed," Anond Snidvongs, director of the Geo-Informatics and Space Technology Development Agency, said yesterday.

Yes sir I am quite confident NASA will jump all over this and agree to all the demands.

Can we use this piece of equipment Mr. Anond? Where do you think our planes should fly today Mr. Anond?

I am also sure the NASA scientists are quite eager to tap the genius of Thai minds.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Genius sarcasm!

"The Science and Technology Ministry and Foreign Affairs Ministry have always insisted to Nasa that this project is important for Thailand," he said.

Then -

"Even if Nasa uses an airbase in a neighbouring country, we will not allow them to survey or collect any data in our skies," he said.

Grand observation.

Then -

Grand observation.

And what if NASA reactivates the SR-71 for use in the study?

• Like 1

I really don't think the Thai officials really know what NASA stands for since they spelled it as Nasa in their article. They think it probably is a scheme as they stated in their article not realizing it stands for National Aeronautics and Space Administration. They really must think that pressuring NASA to meet their demands is the key to bringing them back to Thailand and if we refuse like the children they are, they will of course not allow us to use any base in their country for researchcheesy.gif

I would like to be in the room with the NASA folks to hear all the laughter and jokes if and when they read this "it's our way or no way" statement from Mr. Anond. I've got a few ideas about what they would say but I don't want to get banned by posting them.

Has anybody ever seen that movie Idiocracy?