Want To Be Awarded A Thai Medal?

Cuban

Regarding being awarded the Order Of The Direkgunabhorn...

Member_of_the_Order_of_Direkgunabhorn.pn

....to be bestowed upon those who have rendered devotional services to the Kingdom of Thailand.

To be eligible:

• Five years of devotional service to the Kingdom, from the last conferment.
  • Outstanding service to the State, Religion and the People.
  • Act of bravery for the State, Religion and the People.

....or just pay 500,000 - 1,500,000 Baht depending on the class you want. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

th_Muttley-Animated.gif

• Like 1

my sister in law, seems to have a medal mounting board which seems to grow every year, maybe she gets one for each of her grade two class that goes to grade three the next year.

asked the father in law about his medal board, those things were all not that important in his view, the important ones were only worn with his white dress uniform.i joke with him that his daughter the teacher will have more than him soon, his reply so does the kamnun.

one of the worlds great powers, armed forces members seem to have large medal boards, so i think thais are not alone in the love of large medal mounting boards.

in my previous employment, the director introduced a new uniform for he and his managers, they looked like a bunch of central/south american generals.

they had more brass than general pinochet and the mayor of a small andean village.

I'd love to see my late father's reaction to all the ribbons/medals on show here; army WWII (Pacific), he spent his working life and retirement in paid/then volunteer work for returned servicemen's welfare, and had many a tale of men being caught out on their war 'stories' and (far) more seriously, wearing a medal or ribbon they were not entitled to.

But that was another era, when they were earned, not found in a corn flakes box as they appear to be now.

Spot the difference (some may say - is there one)

Kenny.jpg

GeneralPetraeus002.jpg

Edited by cycloneJ
  • Like 2

I'd love to see my late father's reaction to all the ribbons/medals on show here; army WWII (Pacific), he spent his working life and retirement in paid/then volunteer work for returned servicemen's welfare, and had many a tale of men being caught out on their war 'stories' and (far) more seriously, wearing a medal or ribbon they were not entitled to.

But that was another era, when they were earned, not found in a corn flakes box as they appear to be now.

Spot the difference (some may say - is there one)

Kenny.jpg

GeneralPetraeus002.jpg

Ha,Ha....Great find mate.

my sister in law, seems to have a medal mounting board which seems to grow every year, maybe she gets one for each of her grade two class that goes to grade three the next year.

asked the father in law about his medal board, those things were all not that important in his view, the important ones were only worn with his white dress uniform.i joke with him that his daughter the teacher will have more than him soon, his reply so does the kamnun.

one of the worlds great powers, armed forces members seem to have large medal boards, so i think thais are not alone in the love of large medal mounting boards.

Thai men like mounting boards. is that a dropping the r thing ?

• Like 1

Thai men like mounting boards. is that a dropping the r thing ?

oh how droll you are mr wait, love it, nice post

Yes, petty government minds impressing those even duller with their puffed chests full of plastic awards of achievement of nothing. Not sure who the more pathethic, those peacocks strutting their insignificance and arrogance of ineptitude or those bedazzled by what is in essence a dance of the ego of irrelevance.

• Like 1