Former U S Army Paratrooper Destroys 60 Gubernatorial Campaign Ads: Bangkok

webfact

so I was kinda lit and felt an unwavering obligation to mankind to tear down some safety hazards. My apologies for bringing down the thunder. If it makes anyone feel better, my hands are still torn the hell up. On another topic, just because I look like a douche in my Class-A uniform doesn't mean I'm lying about it. I have ribbons for tying my shoes for God sake. Anyway, to clear things up, I never voted in the States and I stay far away from politics as possible. I will never take sides because that's some black voodoo stuff that I refuse to ever understand or be involved with. I like to think myself a man of science and booze. I did it because I didn't want my Dad to get chopped in half by some motorcycle dude while pulling out of the neighborhood or have huge wrecks near my house while people are leaving restaurants. That crap would put me on a revenge path that will land me in prison or get me killed. Hope I cleared some stuff up.

AM, if your that soldier, what happened?? Fine, tongue lashing? And how do you feel about us farangs making fun of Thai politicians and cops? Does it piss you off or cause you to smile? Thanks for serving my/our country.. and glad you got back in good health..

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so I was kinda lit and felt an unwavering obligation to mankind to tear down some safety hazards. My apologies for bringing down the thunder. If it makes anyone feel better, my hands are still torn the hell up. On another topic, just because I look like a douche in my Class-A uniform doesn't mean I'm lying about it. I have ribbons for tying my shoes for God sake. Anyway, to clear things up, I never voted in the States and I stay far away from politics as possible. I will never take sides because that's some black voodoo stuff that I refuse to ever understand or be involved with. I like to think myself a man of science and booze. I did it because I didn't want my Dad to get chopped in half by some motorcycle dude while pulling out of the neighborhood or have huge wrecks near my house while people are leaving restaurants. That crap would put me on a revenge path that will land me in prison or get me killed. Hope I cleared some stuff up.

AM, if your that soldier, what happened?? Fine, tongue lashing? And how do you feel about us farangs making fun of Thai politicians and cops? Does it piss you off or cause you to smile? Thanks for serving my/our country.. and glad you got back in good health..

Appreciate that. Anyhow, I don't get offended by that kind of stuff because I get it. My father is an expat and I know a million of them, mostly old vets and pilots. I almost feel like a farang too. As for how they handled me, Initially they thought they could treat me Thai-style: sitting on the ground, man handle me, expecting me to be a little apologetic b**ch. I ended that crap real fast. I told them that they better find someone with the balls to beat me to death before I played that game. They treated me with a lot of respect, which I am very grateful for. It was a long dog and pony show, they let me go, and now i guess they are deciding my fate. I've been through worse so I'm just waiting for the galactic council to make their call. probably a big fine, maybe some jail time, whatever.

After seeing his cached photo from Facebook:

432042_486451521382940_416927525_n_zpsd8

I'm rather inclined to think Andy is a bit of fraudster in regards to his claim of being a paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne. He's gone way overboard with his chest full of medals.

That doesn't jive with his current Facebook photo (Post #2) showing him with the rank of private, his age, and his "former" status. The U.S. Army doesn't dish out medals like the Thai Army does.

He wouldn't be the first bogus claimant here for illustrious military service.

I'll concede that his cached photo DOES go along with his Facebook-listed "like" activity of Drinking.

and its not private, its sergeant. Look closer. Edited by PoorSucker
Inflamatory remark removed

fought some dirty cops and I regret nothing, now lay off my case and stop being some seedy creepo. can you do that?

Don't get too involved in TV's keyboard warriors (seedy creepo's). Always going to be some envy involved with folks who never served in the military.

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 1

"True enough. I joined in TV 2008 as you did. I realize I am in a minority of people who find insulting Thailand distasteful. "

The tricky dividing line is where does an insult start compared to a criticism based on facts or historical behavior?

If someone said "Jews can't handle their money" then would that be insulting? It really doesn't have a air of truth so not really insulting to many.

If there is a criticism of Thailand then what? is voicing it insulting? Is it the intent of the speaker or the ears of the listener?

Is being easily offended or insulted a virtue? or a weakness?

How many criticisms of Thailand on TV come from an intent to be funny? Is that intent insulting?

I think a lot of disagreement on any forum comes from a lack of communicating. So many people get all wound up about a word or idea without even agreeing on a definition of the word or idea.

When people communicate with precision then a lot of times there is little to no disagreement in the first place.

An insult based on humor is still an insult. It's not the intent that makes the statement insulting or not. The insulting it is the statement.

"True enough. I joined in TV 2008 as you did. I realize I am in a minority of people who find insulting Thailand distasteful. "

The tricky dividing line is where does an insult start compared to a criticism based on facts or historical behavior?

If someone said "Jews can't handle their money" then would that be insulting? It really doesn't have a air of truth so not really insulting to many.

If there is a criticism of Thailand then what? is voicing it insulting? Is it the intent of the speaker or the ears of the listener?

How many criticisms of Thailand on TV come from an intent to be funny? Is that intent insulting?

I think a lot of disagreement on any forum comes from a lack of communicating. So many people get all wound up about a word or idea without even agreeing on a definition of the word or idea.

When people communicate with precision then a lot of times there is little to no disagreement in the first place.

An insult based on humor is still an insult. It's not the intent that makes the statement insulting or not. The insulting it is the statement.

A person has to take offense for something to be insulting.

People laugh at comedians because their intent to make one laugh or take light of a situation. Lenny Bruce or George Carlin come to mind. There were definitely literal people who took their statements and voiced their outrage about being offended while ignoring their intent.

It's increasingly vogue to take a public statement like its a court deposition and feign offense. Why do people act fake offended? Like a crying baby its because they have learned to use it as a tool to get something.

I have heard people say "falang kee nok" in my earshot or about me. I guess I could take offense and challenge them to a duel or something if I was predisposed to being insulted.

Usually I just figure I don't have enough information to really be offended because I don't know their intent or mindset.

It's up to an individual to keep their center and not lose their balance and poise because another shaved ape made a noise or symbol on their keyboard.

• Like 1

I'm afraid I don't agree with that. It is always the intent whether it be humour, racism or whatever. Someone can refer to me as a falang with no insult intended because that's what I am but they could just as easily say it and intend to be insulting. I'm not sure if I would know the difference as I don't know enough Thai to understand the context.

As for my comment about the picture, it's fairly obvious that I wasn't seriously suggesting that was a Thai chopper. But I'll admit that it's always possible that someone will be offended whatever you say.

Great Guns!......Googled 'Gubernatorial' & gleaned that its how u go vote and get a governor.....And hopefully a good one in Bangkok!

..............Boy, am I glad that the the Americans took that word from us and kept it.............

...........Bet they pronounce it 'Gubbernatorial'.....wink.png !

I'm afraid I don't agree with that. It is always the intent whether it be humour, racism or whatever. Someone can refer to me as a falang with no insult intended because that's what I am but they could just as easily say it and intend to be insulting. I'm not sure if I would know the difference as I don't know enough Thai to understand the context.

As for my comment about the picture, it's fairly obvious that I wasn't seriously suggesting that was a Thai chopper. But I'll admit that it's always possible that someone will be offended whatever you say.

In order to understand it you have to be the butt of the joke. There was a guy one time who started a thread that implied Thai engineering was superior to British Engineering. Do you know how many people got the joke? The thread went 23 pages.biggrin.png

In order to understand it you have to be the butt of the joke. There was a guy one time who started a thread that implied Thai engineering was superior to British Engineering. Do you know how many people got the joke? The thread went 23 pages.biggrin.png

I know that I've missed sarcasm on here occasionally but it has nothing to do with the humour being against me or not. Sometimes you see it sometimes you don't.

As for the problem of these posters I could see this guy's point. I assume they're gone now but maybe the governor could look at how to improve things by the time of the next election.

To go along with his arrest in Bangkok and Florida is another, more recent arrest in North Carolina.

mug-shot-56408531.jpg

Information:

Name: Andrew Agnew

Processing Date: 05-26-2012

Alleged Violations:

M SECOND DEGREE TRESPASS

M SIMPLE ASSAULT

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/north-carolina/raleigh/andrew-agnew/56408531

To go along with his arrest in Bangkok and Florida is another, more recent arrest in North Carolina.

mug-shot-56408531.jpg

Information:

Alleged Violations:

M SECOND DEGREE TRESPASS

M SIMPLE ASSAULT

Sounds like the guy has psych and anger management problems.

mug-shot-56408531.jpg

Information:

Alleged Violations:

M SECOND DEGREE TRESPASS

M SIMPLE ASSAULT

mug-shot-56408531.jpg

Information:

Alleged Violations:

M SECOND DEGREE TRESPASS

M SIMPLE ASSAULT

Beat the snot out of a dude giving me a hard time, life of a paratrooper man. Does this turn you on or something? feel like you winning something little man?

Edited by agnusmaximus

Find some more dirt on me, I've got a pile a mile high. Comes with the lifestyle. I've lived a fast life so keep on digging, I think there's gold at the bottom, or whatever the hell makes you happy.

Well here's my 2 baht. I don't think you are the real Andrew Agnew. I think you are an imposter.

• Like 2

Find some more dirt on me, I've got a pile a mile high. Comes with the lifestyle. I've lived a fast life so keep on digging, I think there's gold at the bottom, or whatever the hell makes you happy.

Well here's my 2 baht. I don't think you are the real Andrew Agnew. I think you are an imposter.

I can understand that, how can i prove it to you?

I am not asking you to prove it but since you asked, probably a recent photo from the last few days for your avatar would convince a lot of doubting Thomases.

Beat the snot out of a dude giving me a hard time, life of a paratrooper man.

Find some more dirt on me, I've got a pile a mile high. Comes with the lifestyle. I've lived a fast life

got 2 more Buchholz, can you find them?

A couple of things.

1. If you are who you purport to be, it can be easily proven by posting a copy of your passport or drivers license with personal details blacked out.

2. Five arrests is not indicative of "the lifestyle." The vast majority of the thousands of airborne paratroopers have never been convicted of assaulting anyone, have never had a DUI, and have not had even one arrest, let alone five. You do a great disservice to the honorable men and women of the 82nd Airborne by attempting to rationalize your multiple criminal involvements with just being the "life of a paratrooper".

• Like 1

Buchholz

Theres fat ones, short ones, tall ones, blue ones, and slow ones too. I'm the fast one, and the fast ones can get loopy sometimes. But, no one is better than the fast one, ya heard? what do you know about the 82nd anyway? where you In? you a subject matter expert? you like being the forum super-star? I lived with a roommate at the Citadel in SC who was just like you, Internet hero. Got some dirt there too if your interested in winning your little war. I aint no keyboard coward so look me up and expose my crazy. I made mistakes but I'm not scared of my past and I'm not scared to share it with the world. I'm morally straight, mentally alert, and carrry a big stick. so go on and win, hero.

Buchholz

Theres fat ones, short ones, tall ones, blue ones, and slow ones too. I'm the fast one, and the fast ones can get loopy sometimes. But, no one is better than the fast one, ya heard? what do you know about the 82nd anyway? where you In? you a subject matter expert? you like being the forum super-star? I lived with a roommate at the Citadel in SC who was just like you, Internet hero. Got some dirt there too if your interested in winning your little war. I aint no keyboard coward so look me up and expose my crazy. I made mistakes but I'm not scared of my past and I'm not scared to share it with the world. I'm morally straight, mentally alert, and carrry a big stick. so go on and win, hero.

And I'm not doing some photo shop crap. I barely know how to use this forum stuff.

Changed my avatar pic to when I got to Thailand about a week ago and helped an old friend out at his farm.

So you must be recently discharged. OP says former soldier, but by your post 144 you have this pic, a week old and still in uniform, in Thailand?

Perhaps the Journo got it wrong. These things happen.

If you want to get wrapped around the axles, perhaps you could just address Bucholz's point 1. Just a thought.

I agree with P1 in 139.