Boyz Town Prepares Itself

lovethailandlongtime

Joint Thai-US Naval Exercises announced in Naklua.

At the Green park Resort Hotel in Naklua, the opening ceremony for the FPC Carat Navy Exercises for 2006 took place, presided over by Rear Admiral Surasak, The Commander of the Frigate Squadron 2 from the Royal Thai Navy and Rear Admiral William R Burke, Commander of, Logistics for the Western Pacific, a division of the US Navy’s Pacific Command Division. The annual Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training exercises begin on the 10th June. The eighth CARAT exercise brings 1,400 U.S. soldiers, sailors, Marines and coastguardsmen together with 2,600 Thai counterparts. In addition to in-port and at-sea exercises, the troops will volunteer for community service projects. A signing ceremony took place and the exercise is ready to go. Pattaya can expect a huge influx of navy soldiers from the US at that time

Pattaya city news..

Edited by lovethailandlongtime

Looks like there's never been a better time to own a "boy bar" in pattaya...

Maybe i should've posted this in the "gays in thailand" section

It's been a bad high season - so it will give the ladies/lads a much needed boost. :o

Forget wine women and Song, Back to RUM, Bum and Rap music the yanks are coming :D Nignoy

Those young bar girls love those young boys. I guess I can't blame them.

Those "Young bar girls" will have a bit of competition if

the guys go to Boyz Town. :D

Naka.

Looks like there's never been a better time to own a "boy bar" in pattaya...

You can't have been around that long, if you don't remember the

days of the huge aircraft carrier fleets anchored right in Pattaya bay :o

The girls would be manning their posts at 9 a.m. instead of 6 p.m.

Naka.

Edited by naka

Joint Thai-US Naval Exercises announced in Naklua.

At the Green park Resort Hotel in Naklua, the opening ceremony for the FPC Carat Navy Exercises for 2006 took place, presided over by Rear Admiral Surasak, The Commander of the Frigate Squadron 2 from the Royal Thai Navy and Rear Admiral William R Burke, Commander of, Logistics for the Western Pacific, a division of the US Navy’s Pacific Command Division. The annual Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training exercises begin on the 10th June. The eighth CARAT exercise brings 1,400 U.S. soldiers, sailors, Marines and coastguardsmen together with 2,600 Thai counterparts. In addition to in-port and at-sea exercises, the troops will volunteer for community service projects. A signing ceremony took place and the exercise is ready to go. Pattaya can expect a huge influx of navy soldiers from the US at that time

Pattaya city news..

I would hardly consider 1,400 servicemen (and women, remember this is a part of the Logistics portion of the fleet) a "huge" influx, even in low season.

If I owned a bar anywhere in Pattaya, I wouldn't start celebrating just yet, even in "Boyztown".

In fact, isn't this about the time that we should be seeing "Beer Bar for Sale" signs popping up every where ? :o

Every year its the same thing. US military boys and men get their R&R and boost Pattaya's economy during the slowest season of the year. May and June is the typical months and its way too hot to be there. Vast majority of them are well behaved except for few rotten apples.

It's funny how those bar girls love them and scream and chase after young boys. I guess they are tired of us middle/old age farts and need of R&R for themselves as well.

No Naka, they don't go for that at Boyz Town.

Some sexpats and sextots get little envious when US military boys are in town but I have no problem with that since they are in Thailand for few weeks only.

Edited by Gary74

That's only 42 "surface skimmers" (3% of the current U.S. Navy is gay) for the boosting of the business at the Boyztown hang-outs. They likely get better profits from a single bus carrying Korean (:o) package tourists.

A far larger number, 1008, will not be going to support any tawdy place (male or female), as that relects those who would be classified as the

non-partying, straight-laced, do-the-proper-thing-when-visiting-foreign-ports, types (72% of the current U.S. Navy are pathetic, do-gooders)

statistics from Bangkok Herald-Examiner archives

As said, barely 1400 sailors is a paltry total, particularly given total's calibre of sailor. Compared to a 3 aircraft carrier/31 ship flotilla pulling in all at once to the Philippines in '77 with 40,000 extremely horny, very thirsty 1970's-era sailors who haven't been into any port for 51 days definitely had an effect on the economy of the Pattaya-like sister city of Olongapo.

My saddest legend was failing for not ensuring the Navy was as equally fun for the subsequent following sailors as it was for me.

:DGuys!

The good ol' days are gone for good.

:D

Edited by sriracha john

You also forget that on any given duty day up to 1/3rd of the crew will be on-board.

Also, this will be the first "large" event since Bush's trafficking policy went into effect. We'll have to see how much it slows things down. (If any).

BJ Carat 98 Vet.

Op is an obvious troll which is alright if I get to troll back. I remember sitting in a beer bar and the token ladyboy was speaking Japanese into her cell phone. And as far as buggering goes don't the british lads learn that lesson from their upper classmen? Tradition and all that.

Cheerio!

[url = http://www.firstfoot.com/News/news2001/tarquin.htm] "You bloody buggers had better realise that we're back, we're back for good and we're bloody well going to make you buggering bastards pay for our existence" warned Tarquin. [url/]

Op is an obvious troll

Very true. Why do we feed these trolls? Why are they not banned by the moderator of the forum?

Don't worry... the mods are watching... :D

Several posts in this thread have already been "sanitized".

Troll or not, the OP has provided some info about forthcoming events in the Pattaya region, so the thread can remain for now.

:o

Those young bar girls love those young boys. I guess I can't blame them.

From what I hear they love them with the words Kinneeeeoooow :D

BKK prices come to the poor lads! :D

US military men are the highest paid military men in the world. They also have nothing to spend their money on while on a ship so they are will to blow it on bar girls. They don't have to pay a lot to get bar girls like we do. :o

Edited by Gary74

US military men are the highest paid military men in the world.

They'll never get rich on these salaries.

2006 US Military pay scales

They also have nothing to spend their money on while on a ship.

Many will have wives/kids at home. :o

They don't have to pay a lot to get bar girls like we do.

They have to pay a production bonus ... You too mut already teerak, I want sileep now :D

Naka.

Edited by naka

US military men are the highest paid military men in the world. They also have nothing to spend their money on while on a ship so they are will to blow it on bar girls. They don't have to pay a lot to get bar girls like we do. :o

I just checked the link to the US pay scales that Naka provided, and the personnel in the Canadian military are paid a little more, even taking into account the difference in the exchange rate (when comparing base salary per rank, not including the various bonuses and allowances).

As for the bar girls, I don't think they give discounts to the military. The guys still have to pay the bar fines and what ever the going rate is, just like every one else. I think the difference is, the girls would rather go with a young, fit (generous) stud, than an overweight, bald (cheap charlie) boozehound.

The only place I know of that gives a discount is Tahitian Queen (1 & 2 ?), where military personnel can get a 10% discount if their bin is over 500 baht.

I can just see the Best Picture nomination at next year's Oscars:

Jai Dee as "The Sanitizer", coming soon to a thread near you !

Edited by Kerryd

I just checked the link to the US pay scales that Naka provided, and the personnel in the Canadian military are paid a little more, even taking into account the difference in the exchange rate (when comparing base salary per rank, not including the various bonuses and allowances).

As for the bar girls, I don't think they give discounts to the military. The guys still have to pay the bar fines and what ever the going rate is, just like every one else. I think the difference is, the girls would rather go with a young, fit (generous) stud, than an overweight, bald (cheap charlie) boozehound.

The only place I know of that gives a discount is Tahitian Queen (1 & 2 ?), where military personnel can get a 10% discount if their bin is over 500 baht.

I can just see the Best Picture nomination at next year's Oscars:

Jai Dee as "The Sanitizer", coming soon to a thread near you !

I've seen whole bars clear out on walking street, 1000bht short time for the poor lads where as the non military gets charged half that. Oh well they can afford it as previously noted, no place to spend it on ship. :D

Op is an obvious troll

Very true. Why do we feed these trolls? Why are they not banned by the moderator of the forum?

Why are you feeding it then?????

I dont care either way..It was only meant be a light hearted look at a news story,but it obviously hit a nerve with you.

Rather, it is transparently the case that the prospect of a visit here by the U. S. Navy merely hit one of your ol' provincial Brit nerves. But I do hope you can feel better about the visit now that you have given it your little spin here in this international forum.

Op is an obvious troll

Why are you feeding it then?????

I dont care either way..It was only meant be a light hearted look at a news story,but it obviously hit a nerve with you.

Rather, it is transparently the case that the prospect of a visit here by the U. S. Navy merely hit one of your ol' provincial Brit nerves. But I do hope you can feel better about the visit now that you have given it your little spin here in this international forum.

It's not a case of hitting a nerve, Sixpack. Infact, we don't give a ###### about boyztown, girlstown, the spending habits of the septic navy or even the colour of their pretty white uniforms. No, what really bothers us Brits is US friendly fire! With their past record, who can blame us!

Take cover lads, the Yanks are in town!