Mind Blowing Experience's Inthailand....

Chittychangchang

I'll start this fun thread.

My wife has a passion for growing chillies, not ordinary chillies but mind blowing steam coming out your ears heart attack stuff.

She can eat dozens of these potent little gems.

They can be green one week the size of a pea and taste like a green bean then magically a few days later they can induce heart attacks and purple eyes to unacustomed partakers.

A recent experience had me in lala land for 30mins (no joking).

The little red devil struck and gave me a mind blowing outer body experience.

Looking forward to hearing other members Thai induced mind blowing experiences.......

• Like 1

I eat half a chili where my wife will eat 4 or more. I get my revenge by cooking with ginger and green peppers (what a culinary discovery that was) and she complains that it is too hot. I try not to mock. Chili is very healthy and should be helping preventing heart attacks.

• Like 2

Are they legal to grow? rolleyes.gif

something that powerful should have a goverment health warning on it, i lost 30 mins of my life in a self induced catatonic chilli coma.
  • Like 2

The red colour of chillies is nature's warning to 'STAY AWAY!!!'

Doesn't work with me though. Hotter the better.

Thats what I thought till the arrival of the bright orange chillies in our backyard. Natures added a new warning color. After eating 1, my teeth felt loose.

• Like 1

The red colour of chillies is nature's warning to 'STAY AWAY!!!'

Doesn't work with me though. Hotter the better.

Thats what I thought till the arrival of the bright orange chillies in our backyard. Natures added a new warning color. After eating 1, my teeth felt loose.

Don't worry, they are "recommended by dentists".

• Like 2

Id like to be able to eat chillis but I find them physically painful. I have enjoyed some som tam etc but only when its very very little chilli. I am jealous of my friends who eat them often as they seem to really derive pleasure from doing so! One ex gf would eat them until she sweated (only from her face for some reason) and cried and this was her idea of a great night in.

• Like 1

I compare this recognizable experience with getting a tattoo. At some strange point in the 'session' the pain changed into some weird masochistic feeling of bliss....

Ever since i prefer every meal with at least a few chili's in it. I have gone so far as making my own chili powder from dried chili's. But that's a whole other threadwink.png .

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 2

something that powerful should have a goverment health warning on it, i lost 30 mins of my life in a self induced catatonic chilli coma.

@Chitty.. Do you mind posting a photograph of this particular chilithumbsup.gif ?

While we are waiting for Chitty to post a pic, thought Id put the orange widow maker up.

ps, thanks for the like of the bubs pic mate!

post-151649-0-73652000-1362221625_thumb.

Edited by krisb
  • Like 2

@Chitty.. Do you mind posting a photograph of this particular chilithumbsup.gif ?

Edited by Chittychangchang

While we are waiting for Chitty to post a pic, thought Id put the orange widow maker up.

ps, thanks for the like of the bubs pic mate!

That is the habanero chili. Also called scotch bonnet in some parts I believe.

Hotter by far than any Thai chili. But, so hot that flavor can't seem to get past the white hot heat of these lil buggers.

I grew several of these plants for the wify and she declared them unsuitable as did not have the flavor to go with the bite. But, she still spiked the pik nam pla with them to boost the heat. As if pik kee knoo wasn't hot enough!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

I am sorry to pee on the parade, but there are alot of myths associated with the benefits of chili peppers. Unfortunately, the health literature indicates that the consumption of some chilis is not particularly good for many people, particularly the elderly and the infirm. Keep in mind that the chemical that causes the reaction in humans is toxic and that the sensations one gets are the body's reaction to the introduction of a toxin.

I am not going granny here, as I too eat spicey foods, but some of the hottest numbers are dangerous and there is a big difference between their use for flavouring and their use as a weapon of physiological destruction. Look at what the chili active ingredient does to the body;

- Blood vessels dilate and then rebound constrict (is this really good for some people with circulatory disease?)

- Nerves are stimulated to release transmtters

- Mucous production is stimulated created the phlegm factor

- Mucosal tissue is irritated (Not particularly good for those with digestive and GI tract issues)

- People with kidney disease and fluid retntion issues put tremendous stress on their failing vital organs as their bodies try to process all the fluids that will be consumed in an effort to cope with the burning pain.

Yes, some chilis can cause a sense of euphoria. That's just the result of the body releasing endorphins as it attempts to cope with the assault on the pain receptors. The same thing happens when you are mangled in a physical injury. Yes some chilis can offer some mild benefits, but these chilis are not the weapons of mass destruction being described here.

There is a growing body of research showing that the use of the most potent of chilis does have a relationship to arthritis and joint pain in addition to the long list of GI related disorders. My advise to some of you warriors is to use moderation and to avoid the heavy duty chilis. Your bodies have aged and the foods you could eat in your younger day are not appropriate for you now as you reach your twilight period, Old people with bowel inflamation go downhill fast and when you have a look at their bowels and intestines with the inflamation, and bleeding it's rather grim. There is a reason why the potent chilis are used in pesticides and insect control. Do you really need to poison yourself?

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1

Drinking copious quantities of Chang Beer does not dilute the potency of chillies. It is like pouring water on an oil fire. Just spreads the flames.

For me, I like to keep a few slices of cucumber handy if I over-indulge.

• Like 1

Drinking copious quantities of Chang Beer does not dilute the potency of chillies. It is like pouring water on an oil fire. Just spreads the flames.

Rice is your saviour...

• Like 2

Rice is your saviour...

Sticky rice quenched my flame after trying Chang, water , milk etc

goodness gracious! a bunch of softies telling (what they think) horror stories about a healthy and tasty vegetable which goes with most dishes i eat.

wink.png

Them's fighting words. Might I challenge you to a chillie eat-off. We'll see who's soft!!