Impressive Bt6.5 Billion Net Profit For Thai Airways International

webfact

Wow, is that a DC10 in the pic?

If they are still flying those things,

they are getting every penny out of their assets! lol

No it is MD-11.

Am not surprised at the prifit as over the last 12-18 months I have found Thai to be very expensive, I had a gold card with Thai for at least 6 yrs but I have gradually moved to other airlines re: cost and servive.

Even with this profit they are still in the red form the previous deficit leaving 3.7BN to catch up. No point in declaring profits without the cumulative present position. No wonder the unions demanded pay rises, if they had been told sorry - we're still in the red by 4BN they could have saved some money.

I've only flown them domestically, internationally they have always been over priced. Can't complain about the planes I few on, seemed in good shape, but agan thoses were domestic flights.

I've only used them for 2 flights from BKK to Khon Kaen and they were pretty good but expensive. I tried to fill in their customer survey but it was so badly done that it was impossible to complete. As an example although I've only flown domestic flights ( which I'm sure they would have known from their records) they insisted I tell them how many international flights I'd taken with no option for none. I also had to give my opinion on the in flight entertainment. That's the movies and music which obviously isn't supplied on domestic flights. I assume that's what they meant anyway.biggrin.png