A Horizontal Bar In The Chiang Mai's University Area

Maramook

well, yes, it's called exercise equipment. and yes, it's called a horizontal bar. but it was the grammar of your sentence that threw me off. i thought it could be a joke, as having sex is called 'horizontal' sometimes. but you'd have to understand slang i guess. as for a horizontal bar in the university area, i believe there is one as you drive onto the campus, just to the left side by the field. believe i've seen one there.

All over the park just south of Sirimangkalajarn and Chiang Rai 2.

blink.png You are definitely lost! Most bizarre description of where a place is located in months,perhaps years!

Assuming you are not talking about drinking lying down or having sex, but talking about where to do some chin-ups or pull-ups, could you improve upon your description?

• Like 1

blink.png You are definitely lost! Most bizarre description of where a place is located in months,perhaps years!

Assuming you are not talking about drinking lying down or having sex, but talking about where to do some chin-ups or pull-ups, could you improve upon your description?

It's not that hard if you happen to be familiar with the intersection of Sirimangkalajarn and Chiang Rai 2.

Which you very obviously are not.

It's a public park and fitness area attached to CMU, and home to the Uni's hostel.

Maybe a map would help you.

did the OP ever say if he wants to do pull up or muscle ups which just requires a pull up bar ?

or do they need a gymnastic type horizontal bar for gymnastic practice?

i am guessing the former.

Also a pull up bar out at Huay Tung Thau (lake) at the front of the exercise path near the new temple.

and at the exercise gym at 700 year stadium but requires fee to use equipment.

did the OP ever say if he wants to do pull up or muscle ups which just requires a pull up bar ?

or do they need a gymnastic type horizontal bar for gymnastic practice?

i am guessing the former.

Also a pull up bar out at Huay Tung Thau (lake) at the front of the exercise path near the new temple.

and at the exercise gym at 700 year stadium but requires fee to use equipment.

It has been years since I was around that type of equipment but I do remember one thing for sure you would have to be very very short to do pull ups or chin ups on a horizontal bar.smile.png

It has been over 50 years but I do believe that there is two bars required.

There are three main types of gymnast bars

Parallel bars (2 bars at same height)

Horizontal bar (just single bar)

uneven bars (2 bars at different heights)

I don't think this guy is a gymnast but would be interesting to know if this kind of equipment is around for working out.

The other equipment is

Pommel horse

Vault

Balance beam

still rings ( 2 rings on ropes)

It's not that hard if you happen to be familiar with the intersection of Sirimangkalajarn and Chiang Rai 2.

It's a public park and fitness area attached to CMU, and home to the Uni's hostel.

Yes, I know the park! I've just been wandering around Chiang Rai looking for soi 2! Guess I can go home now! smile.png

You are certainly referring to the fitness park right up the road from the UNISERV center and adjacent (on the opposite side of the road) to the CMU Convention Center in the Princess Mother's Health Garden marked on "Sai 26 Rd" per Google maps and on "26" as marked on the "Chiang Mai Big Map." ). The park is on the SE corner with Nimmenhamen, not on Sirimangkalajan, which is further east. That park can get quite crowded. Not certain about a "horizontal bar." Chiang Rai Road ends (on the east) at Nimmenhamen. It is the road with all sorts of copy shops on the north side and the Wednesday-Saturday organic veggie market on the south side.

If I recall correctly, there is another fitness park much less used nearby on the campus. If you go to the clock tower roundabout on Chiang Rai Road (which is the road heading west through the East entrance to CMU crossing Highway 121, the Chonprathan Road (aka the "Canal Road") and circle north (as going to the post office), you'll find it next to a jogging track nestled on the righthand side of the road in a bit of a dip in the road as it winds around just before the post office roundabout. Parking is reached by entering that area off the road at the traffic signal before the curve and then bearing off to the left among what I remember as some dormitories or guest quarters. Quite uncrowded and pleasant. There might be a horizontal bar there among the various pieces of equipment.

Don't try to read these directions while driving! Just look for the UNISERV sign! Go there. It is something like 100M west of UNISERV on the opposite side of the road. Sometimes this road is closed during the day and after 21:00 or so at night from the east, but you can always get there off Nimmenhamen. Just make the turn off Nimmenhamen immediately north of the CMU Convention Center.

Edited by Mapguy
  • Like 2

I don't think this guy is a gymnast but would be interesting to know if this kind of equipment is around for working out.

The other equipment is

Pommel horse

Vault

Balance beam

As I say it was a long time ago. Wasn't there one with two bars at different heights.

The other equipment is

Pommel horse

Vault

Balance beam

As I say it was a long time ago. Wasn't there one with two bars at different heights.

Can irolleyes.gif , pleasew00t.gifw00t.gif , this is on for 2 days already...

The other equipment is

Pommel horse

Vault

Balance beam

Any particular time period you would like. Being a big hearted kind of guy I could post on it every day and you could continue to grove on it. Just say the word.smile.png

The other equipment is

Pommel horse

Vault

Balance beam

Any particular time period you would like. Being a big hearted kind of guy I could post on it every day and you could continue to grove on it. Just say the word.smile.png

Thanks! Being a descent as well guy myself i'll leave it at this. Respect to the thread, as they saythumbsup.gif .

See you around soon Mr. hellodolly. Have a good evening.wai.gif

Bugger this new quotation algorithm..coffee1.gif It is improved but needs some polishing up don't you say? ^ ^whistling.gif

Edited by Dancealot

You might have to inquire at the college. I don't think that a horizontal bar is part of the normal gyms equipment.

I could be wrong but I don't think so.

You will have to ask for where gymnasts work out.

Actually your confusing a High Bar with a Horizontal Bar

Yes, I know the park! I've just been wandering around Chiang Rai looking for soi 2! Guess I can go home now! smile.png

You are certainly referring to the fitness park right up the road from the UNISERV center and adjacent (on the opposite side of the road) to the CMU Convention Center in the Princess Mother's Health Garden marked on "Sai 26 Rd" per Google maps and on "26" as marked on the "Chiang Mai Big Map." ). The park is on the SE corner with Nimmenhamen, not on Sirimangkalajan, which is further east. That park can get quite crowded. Not certain about a "horizontal bar." Chiang Rai Road ends (on the east) at Nimmenhamen. It is the road with all sorts of copy shops on the north side and the Wednesday-Saturday organic veggie market on the south side.

If I recall correctly, there is another fitness park much less used nearby on the campus. If you go to the clock tower roundabout on Chiang Rai Road (which is the road heading west through the East entrance to CMU crossing Highway 121, the Chonprathan Road (aka the "Canal Road") and circle north (as going to the post office), you'll find it next to a jogging track nestled on the righthand side of the road in a bit of a dip in the road as it winds around just before the post office roundabout. Parking is reached by entering that area off the road at the traffic signal before the curve and then bearing off to the left among what I remember as some dormitories or guest quarters. Quite uncrowded and pleasant. There might be a horizontal bar there among the various pieces of equipment.

Don't try to read these directions while driving! Just look for the UNISERV sign! Go there. It is something like 100M west of UNISERV on the opposite side of the road. Sometimes this road is closed during the day and after 21:00 or so at night from the east, but you can always get there off Nimmenhamen. Just make the turn off Nimmenhamen immediately north of the CMU Convention Center.

can you show me this on the map please? I didn't find where it was.