Does Anybody Has A Good Advise ? Please Reply

navara

Dear readers,

It's about my exhaust for my tdci 2.5 engine.

Now I drive a sidepipe system, which gives me about 7 % more power over the whole powerband. I have a dark resonable sound, not to loud and I hear no turbo in the exhaust, because I use 2" pipe with a lot of bends. So why change? Well the police stopped me and my wife is annoyed with the fact she might get stopped again ( and pay 1000 bath fine ).

So I tried to assemble a new system. The results were awfull. The racing mufflers which are provided here in Thailand are the resonace types, hollow pipes with some absorbsion material arround it. Okay, they work, BUT the turbo sound is multiplied into soms scary scream, so awfull. Plus, the power increase is huge until 3000 rpm, after that no torque left.

Does anybody know about:

- the best way to build an exhaust

- where to buy mufflers

- what brand

The last setup was: after cat system, 2.5" pipe, racemuffler and big resonance muffler at the rear.

Thank you, Johnpost-91942-0-97656800-1362275807_thumb.j

Edited by navara

Are you sure that it is the exhaust system giving you extra power ? I would have thought the chequered 'go faster' stripe down the side would give you most of that.

As far as extra power, just go back to the original exhaust and 'chip' the engine. Police problem solved.

As you grow older you realize no ones impressed.giggle.gif . Chuck it away or save it for your kidscoffee1.gif

Hmmmm.... I think as I grow older I don't care what other people think.. Not that I ever really did....

Edited by WarpSpeed

Are you sure that it is the exhaust system giving you extra power ? I would have thought the chequered 'go faster' stripe down the side would give you most of that.

As far as extra power, just go back to the original exhaust and 'chip' the engine. Police problem solved.

Agreed, plenty of ways to increase HP in a commonrail engine without resorting to drawing attention from the BiB.