Neat Little Trick

bubblegum

Maybe you all know this already but I was amazed.

This morning my wife found that the ants had invaded our bag of rice and instead of dumping it (like I would have done) she just put the rice, ants included in a big pan and put it in the sun.

After a while she move the pand aside and hiding under the pan where the ants ! They crawled out and hid for the sun ! So after repeating this a few times the rice was ant free again.

This even works with sugar.

• Like 2

another one working as good is to put rice/sugar/whatever in a plastic bag and hang it on the refridgerator contacting the door. The steady vibration makes them all run, not as fast as they would in the sun but there's not always sun when there are antssmile.png

Yes, I've seen the ant/rice trick, but it was an ant/weevil trick. I too was surprised how practically all the weevils did a runner leaving the rice relatively clean, although I did worry about weevil poo. I presume weevils do poo like other creatures?

But then, I guess that's why you wash it a few times before cooking it.

There are small weevils in this rice and lots of very tiny things - baby weevils?

post-35489-0-51098900-1362315375.jpg

This rice was used to feed dogs - mixed with meat, etc. I wouldn't eat it no matter how many times it was washed!

post-35489-0-51098900-1362315375_thumb.j

Edited by JetsetBkk