Where To Live In Pattaya, Ocean Front But Not Near The 'zone'

PomRakBKK

What is considered a good area in and around pattaya?

I have always been a fan of wong amat but it's getting busier by the day there. Is there any other small strip of land around the pattaya area with nice condos, less tourists, less nightlife but not too far from WS? 10-20 minute motorcycle ride is still good enough for me.

Just looking for a nice condo with ocean view and being away from all the hustle and bustle that goes on in downtown.

10 - 20 minutes on a motorcycle can be quite far. I can ride from Pratumnak Hill to Banglamung post office via 2nd Road and Naklua Road in the middle of the day with heavy traffic in exactly 15 minutes. That's 9km.... and not riding fast.

If you ride for 10 - 20 minutes on Sukhumvit you could easily ride 20km.

I suspect you need to be closer than that?

There are a lot of very quiet areas around Pratunmak Hill... all in the region of 1 - 3km from Walking Street. This area gets my vote - I wouldn't live anywhere else. Standby for the people who will falsely claim this is a very dangerous area to live.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

10 - 20 minutes on a motorcycle can be quite far. I can ride from Pratumnak Hill to Banglamung post office via 2nd Road and Naklua Road in the middle of the day with heavy traffic in exactly 15 minutes. That's 9km.... and not riding fast.

There are a lot of very quiet areas around Pratunmak Hill... all in the region of 1 - 3km from Walking Street. This area gets my vote - I wouldn't live anywhere else. Standby for the people who will falsely claim this is a very dangerous area to live.

Nice thing about Pratumnak area is you can head into WS from the Bali Hai pier area. Not much traffic and an easy drive on your scooter. Many very nice ocean view condos. My pick would be:

http://www.royalcliffcondo.com/

Is there anything that compares to northpoint? Maybe in the same area? I see a lot of rooms available at nova mirage but i never saw the place in person.

The Palm and Wong Amat Tower are going up on the quiet end of Soi Naklua 16, and Zire has one going up right next to Northpoint.

We live at Park Beach, and it is pretty quiet around here, yet with many amenities - restaurants and grocery stores - nearby.

As long as you have your own transport I reckon it is hard to go past Pratunmak Hill.

I have many friends who live there and it represents a nice balance if you like to have a bit of peace and quiet and be near all the action that Pattaya has to offer.

The far end of Beach Road Jomtien is a coming area. A new Wine bar as well as excellent sea food restaurants. Easy access to Sukhumvit from the end of beach road too. However there is not much available under 8 million baht for something decent and not a studio