Thai Pm To Visit Sweden, Belgium

Lite Beer

Thai PM to visit Sweden, Belgium

By Digital Media

1362299281-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, March 3 - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is scheduled to visit Sweden, Belgium from Monday through Thursday March 4-7.

Ms Yingluck will be accompanied by key Cabinet ministers, senior officials and CEOs of prominent Thai enterprises.

During her official visit to Sweden, the prime minister will have an audience with His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustav as well as a bilateral meeting and working luncheon with Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, according to a press release of the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Together, they will also witness the signing of the second Joint Plan of Action and the Law Enforcement Cooperation Agreement.

In addition, the Prime Minister will hold discussions with Per Westerberg, Speaker of the Riksdag, meet with representatives from leading Swedish companies and visit “SymbioCity”, a model of urban development that combines sustainable transport, energy and water usage and modern technology in an integrated manner.

She will later attend a business dinner in Stockholm where she will deliver a keynote address to promote Thai-Swedish investment.

During her visit to Belgium, the prime minister will have an audience with His Royal Highness Prince Philippe, Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Belgium, during which she will discuss His Royal Highness’ upcoming royal visit to Thailand later this month.

Ms Yingluck will hold bilateral discussions with her Belgian counterpart, Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo.

While in Brussels, the seat of major institutions of the European Union, she will have bilateral talks with the heads of the three key institutions of the European Union - José Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission, Herman Van Rompuy, President of the European Council, and Martin Schulz, President of the European Parliament.

Ms Yingluck will attend a business networking reception and luncheon, organised by the Board of Investment, for representatives of the Thai and Belgian private sectors.

She will also meet with representatives of Fairtrade International, to promote Thai agricultural products. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-03-03

If any of these European folks shake hands with anyone from the Yingluck delegation they better check to see if they have five fingers left after the handshake.

Any extra fingers fingers acquired by thai delegation can be used to replace the missing ones that the swedish bureaucrats kept.

She will also meet with representatives of Fairtrade International, to promote Thai agricultural products.

"We are

a global organization working to secure a better deal for farmers and workers."

http://www.fairtrade.net/

No info on the meeting planned

Edited by rubl

The only chance the Thai Parliment seem to have, of being graced by the PM's presence, is to revoke her passport and attach a security device to her ankle. Even this would method would require a large recon group, just to watch all the exit/escape holes. Wonder who has been left in charge of the playpen for this trip?

Wonder if anyone will be able to get a comment from her on the Bangkok election before she takes to the airways again?

I'm guessing that is a rather old picture...

1362299281-640x390x2.jpg

She really is one handsome lady. I am sure she will be able to check out the IKEA meatballs in Sweden and find some first class Belgian chocolates to console herself with after the Pongsapat loss in Bangkok today..

Go Yingluck.

Edited by ratcatcher

I'm guessing that is a rather old picture...

1362299281-640x390x2.jpg

She really is one handsome lady. I am sure she will be able to check out the IKEA meatballs in Sweden and find some first class Belgian chocolates to console herself with after the Pongsapat loss in Bangkok today..

Go Yingluck.

I was told the P.M. is after Mrs Clintons air miles record.

• Like 1

I wonder if she will follow her brother in Sweden and try to trade chickens for jets and other commodities.

Belgium is obvious chocolate.giggle.gif

You don't suppose she will try to trade them moldy rice do you.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 2

Does this mean that the Deputy PM, minister for everything, will be placed in charge, thus allowing him to break his 7 day lip zip pledge?

I doubt it. The man's word is his bottle, eer I mean his bond.

• Like 1

PM to promote bilateral trades and investments in EU

BANGKOK, 4 March 2013 (NNT)-Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is leading a team of business and industrial representatives from Thailand to Sweden and Belgium in an effort to boost Thai export and investments.

According to the report, Ms. Yingluck is accompanied by Foreign Minister Surapong Torvichakchaikul, Finance Minister Kittiratt Na Ranong, Commerce Minister Boonsong Teriyapirom and Industry Minsiter Prasert Boonchaisook. They are currently visiting Sweden and will be in Belgium from March 5-6, 2013.

During her visit to Sweden, Ms. Yingluck and other Ministers met with Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt, who invited her to his country for business talks, which focused on establishing an FTA framework with the European Union (EU) and trying to encourage it to list two types of Thai coffee beans, which are Doi Chang and Doi Tung, among geographical indications (GI) protected products; in addition to the already-listed Thai Jasmine rice

The Thai Jasmine rice, according to the report, is the first GI Asian product recognized in the EU. Meanwhile, their visit to Belgium, from March 5-6, will be to celebrate the 130th anniversary of the Thai-Belgium diplomatic relations.

However, they will also try to promote bilateral trades, investments as well as tourism. Exchanges on medical innovations and the knowledge in science and technology will be encouraged; in addition, an increase in the number of flights from Bangkok to Brussels will be discussed.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-03-04 footer_n.gif

I wonder what Flight the P.M. is on, Thai Airways ???? surely she is not travelling to Europe on one of the ancient Jumbo's. OR will they take the A380 580 seats approx.......for show, and then borrow a MD 11 for 3 days, My idea is they will do this, to promote THAI, while most of the other planes are halfway to the Knacker yard. (apart for a few leased 777s that are quite nice). Anyway dig up some trade gal, 2 or 3 makeovers will do the trick. OH how many hangers on are going with you ????