Pheu Thai To Complain To E C About Fraud During Bangkok Governor Election

webfact

Deputy party spokeswoman Sunisa Lertpakawat said the party is considering taking action against election officials in Pasi Charoen district for having more than one ballot and crossing them. They also possessed several ID cards.

The way this is described there shouldn't be a "considering taking action", report it!

The way I read it this won't make any difference to the result but if there's any suspicion of fraud by anyone it should be investigated otherwise it just escalates.

As they say, you should not throw stones when you are in a glasshouse.

Pheu Thai did vote buying in my immediate neighborhood, and paid THB 100 to my neighbors for voting for their candidate.

It's a well known psychological defense mechanism to accuse the other of what you did yourself.

Dirty tricks, all along. It's in their blood.

• Like 1

Seems to me most of the dirty tricks came from PT like getting Tarit to come out with vague accusations of possibly underhand involvement of the Dems in the police station thing in order to attempt to discredit them.

Forgetting all the while that their own candidate was the chairman of one of the committees that made the recommendations on the job.

It has been posted elsewhere that the Dems reminding BKK voters of what the reds did was a dirty trick but heck in doing so they only told the truth and those affected probably didn't need much reminding anyway.

Anyway its done and dusted now and the PT candidate has conceded defeat.

On the Thailand scale of things, the election seems to have been carried off very well. Not much to report in this article, they say there were a couple of issues which they may report- but accept the results no problems. Hardly bad losers. To me they seem to have been fairly magnanimous in defeat, and to be honest all the stuff in the run up was much ado about nothing really. Just normal politicking.

I feel like being fairly magnanimous to all those who feel somewhat despondent about the defeat of their candidate. Especially because it doesn't really matter that the PM backed a loser her fugitive criminal of a brother had selected. This is 'just' the Bangkok Governor election, no effects on national level.

Above all don't forget, the PM Ms. Yingluck promised that her government would co-operate with the new Bangkok governor, on all good policies that is

• Like 1

I feel like being fairly magnanimous to all those who feel somewhat despondent about the defeat of their candidate. Especially because it doesn't really matter that the PM backed a loser her fugitive criminal of a brother had selected. This is 'just' the Bangkok Governor election, no effects on national level.

Above all don't forget, the PM Ms. Yingluck promised that her government would co-operate with the new Bangkok governor, on all good policies that is

So basically you are already making thinly veiled excuses if the Governor fails to implement any of his election promises.

It would be interesting to see what his 2009 election promises were and how many of them have been completed, given for at least some of the time he was working with the Democrat party as the national leader, so you cannot simply blame the PTP.

Regardless his policies look good, i don't think some of them would be that hard to implement, such as the wifi- which I thought everyone was supposed to have anyway.

Grapes are sour indeed it seems. Even quoting statements made by our real PM Yingluck are seen as possible excuses for the new governor to fail in implementing election promises. Of course we will no longer ponder on the election promises made by the PM's candidate as he seems to have lost somehow. Mind you all seem to agree that the new governor is a likeble chap, but somewhat ineffective. Still people seem to remember and respect his actions and stance during the 2011 flooding

Just for the record, there is a difference between the governor trying to implement his promises and the seamless co-operation he might get from the government to do so. Last year his budget from the government got streamlined downwards, to avoid duplication, etc., etc. If that would be ongoing no excuses need to be searched for, point at the government. IMHO

Classic losers ploy,claim we was robbed,it was a fix,never admit the public didn't vote enough in our favour,a typical politicians face saver,hot from Dubai.

Edited by MAJIC

Are they trying to "split atoms " here just because they lost the local election ? What a pathetic cry out for help. What ever happened to accepting a result ?

Not pathetic...they put already some of their people into the EC. It is a good test how far they would follow.

On the Thailand scale of things, the election seems to have been carried off very well. Not much to report in this article, they say there were a couple of issues which they may report- but accept the results no problems. Hardly bad losers. To me they seem to have been fairly magnanimous in defeat, and to be honest all the stuff in the run up was much ado about nothing really. Just normal politicking.

... magnanimous in defeat???? Immediately came out with claims of vote buying, electoral fraud, deliberate interference using political slander and libel, even to the point they had shit loads of red shirts intimidating at the polls. SC you should take off those rose (red) coloured glasses every now and then rolleyes.gif Thaksins telephone pole got pissed on, and you think this is being magnanimous in defeat. blink.png

• Like 1

Last year his budget from the government got streamlined downwards, to avoid duplication, etc., etc. If that would be ongoing no excuses need to be searched for, point at the government. IMHO

Now all he has to do when his promises, if and when, they fail to come to fruition is say that he was stopped from fulfilling them because the PTP government refused to fund them, didn't support him etc etc

How much does it cost to replace a badly chewed carpet in a Dubai hotel.

• Like 1

even to the point they had shit loads of red shirts intimidating at the polls.

edited the rest of the non-pertintant-to-my-point out, the point i want to raise it wasn't just the red shirts intimidating, but the police as well with guns. number 9 was a very high ranking policeman... and within hours of loosing has resumed his previous posting as a very high ranking policeman.

Maybe PTP are thinking they can get the Democrats disbanded for 5 years?just like Thaksins Thai Rak Thai Party was, wishful thinking that's going nowhere,and a pathetic effort,at muck slinging!

Edited by MAJIC

Given the TRT/PPP/PTP history with election cheating, this is incredibly daft

It takes a thief to know a thief.

Such a worn out cliche.

The forces of law and order are supposed to know too - but TIT.

even to the point they had shit loads of red shirts intimidating at the polls.

edited the rest of the non-pertintant-to-my-point out, the point i want to raise it wasn't just the red shirts intimidating, but the police as well with guns. number 9 was a very high ranking policeman... and within hours of loosing has resumed his previous posting as a very high ranking policeman.

I have to wonder that if a Democrat reigned his government post to contest an election unsuccessfully, would he be allowed to resume his duties as if the resignation never happened. Does Pongsapat get back pay? Was someone holding his brown envelopes?

Edited by OzMick