Printing My Own Money

dave111223

I'm trying to find a place in Bangkok that either sells cotton/linen paper (the same type of paper used for printing banknotes) or sells the paper and does printing (that would be a bonus).

No i'm not trying to do anything illegal/counterfeiting etc...I'm looking to print some coupon type bills and want them to be durable/water-resistant like real money. I've tried using various different papers and sticker materials from print shops and so far all have failed the washing machine test.

Any ideas? Right now all I've been able to find is Chinese companies on Alibaba selling in large quantities, would be a lot easier if I could find somewhere local.

Edited by dave111223

The Thai banknotes fail the washing machine test! Just wash a 1000 baht note and then try to use it in one of the places that verify its authinticity with a ultraviolet light sensor!

The product you require is a Dupont product called Tyvek indistructable paper used for many applications envelopes & the like this will certainly do what you require.

http://www.materialconcepts.com/products/tyvek/

Dont for get to send me a few 50's when the you have the printing perfect'!!! always put it to good use promise!!

Thanks, looks like that would work, do you know any places in Bangkok that sell it in small quantities? Also I take it Tyvek is the brand, is there a more generic name to call this kind of product ("Plastic paper"?)?