' Heirs' Of Bai Khan Fortune Arrested: Saraburi

webfact

'Heirs' of Bai Khan fortune arrested
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Three people claiming to be heirs of an influential Pashtun family based in Saraburi have been arrested for allegedly providing false documents to prove their ties, the Department of Special Investigation said yesterday.

The DSI says it discovered that Watcharee Jantherdthai was not the spouse of Somphong Pongsawang, alias Yong Bai Khan, as she claimed and hence her daughter Chayanis Phongsawang was not related to him, DSI director-general Tarit Pengdith said.

Malinee Phongsawang, filed a statement with district officials confirming Chayanis's birth, has also been arrested.

The three women were apprehended last Friday and the DSI is prosecuting them for fraud. According to the statement filed by the three women, Watcharee was Yong's common-law spouse and that Malinee had witnessed Chayanis's birth at home.

Separately, a few years ago, a court appointed Rassamee Khan, a member of the Pashtun Bai Khan clan originally from Pakistan, as executor of Yong's assets, which were worth hundreds of millions baht.

Sobeida Pongsawang, who was fathered by Yong and born to his actress wife Sathana Wongsawang, better known as Wandee Sritrang, later complained that Rassamee had sold three plots of land owned by her father in Chiang Mai without giving her a fair share of the money. She also claimed that Rassamee had threatened to harm her and kidnap her young daughter.

Her complaints were lodged with the DSI, which pursued the case and apprehended the three women.

Sobeida's mother died in mysterious circumstances in 1975 at the age of 25, when she was at the peak of her career and living with Yong. Yong was shot dead in 2002. Both murders have never been solved.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-03-05

Sounds like more than a Thai soap - and of course mysterious death at 25, unsolved murders, more corruption for the B.i.B. to turn a blind eye, misappropriation of assets and so on. The oil and motivation of Thailand that runs this country is corruption and greed. I doubt it will ever change.

I tried once to pretend i was an ex Prime Minister of Thailand ,living in Dubai, then I woke up cheesy.gif

If by any mysterious stroke of a pen they are genuine, will the expression " heirs to a fortune ' affect the case in any way ? No, don't be stupid this is Thailand and such things would not happen

Where's there's a will there's relatives.

In Thailand you don't even need a will for the long lost distant never seen before cousins to roll-up with hands extended demanding their large share after someone's death.

Artisi.

Much the same the world over regarding wills, long lost family members crawl out of the woodwork after getting a whiff of possible money.

Where's there's a will there's relatives.

In Thailand you don't even need a will for the long lost distant never seen before cousins to roll-up with hands extended demanding their large share after someone's death.

Or the funeral feast.