Going To Chiang Mai Immigration Tomorrow - March 6

roger1999

I have a 60 day tourist visa which I need to extend by March 9. I understand there is no additional parking near CM Immigration but I don't know exactly where it is. I think it is between the Immigration office and the airport. If anyone can clue me in I would appreciate that.

I plan to go about 7:30 AM but I don't know exactly what to do then. I need a photo taken and copies made from my passport, and apparently I take a number somewhere. If anyone has been there recently and can help me out, I'd appreciate that a lot.

The good news is I am now only eight months away from qualifiying for a retirement visa, if you can call turning 50 "good news."

There's a parking across the road, I think it's a vegetarian restaurant. smile.png

It has been reported on here that it is now locked up. Hopefully they did re-open the area.

I thought I saw some where that they had secured the use of parking next door to the immigration office. On the airport side.

If not park at the airport mall and walk down it is a short walk 10 minutes give or take.

There's a parking across the road, I think it's a vegetarian restaurant. smile.png

It has been reported on here that it is now locked up. Hopefully they did re-open the area.

A month ago I parked at the gas station and paid the 20 baht the attendant asked for.

I thought I saw some where that they had secured the use of parking next door to the immigration office. On the airport side.

You can park next door now but it appears to be motorcycle only.

Semper, the last time I tried to park there the lot was blocked off -- no entry allowed at all. But I'll check again this time.

Greenwich Boy - PM received. Thanks.

Hmmm, how do they expect to get any customers, it's hardly walking distance from... well anywhere?

I plan to go about 7:30 AM but I don't know exactly what to do then. I need a photo taken and copies made from my passport, and apparently I take a number somewhere. If anyone has been there recently and can help me out, I'd appreciate that a lot.

The good news is I am now only eight months away from qualifiying for a retirement visa, if you can call turning 50 "good news."

Stomp in, push past the rabble and demand a number at the middle counter.

OTOH, it might be easier and less stressful to make 16 trips to Mae Sai. whistling.gif

If you can afford to pay between 1000 and 5000 baht depending on the stamp you need on the passport, one of the visa assist services can make the process pretty painless. I just had my annual extension and multiple re-entry done - needed a 2 minute rendezvous with the agent at the immigr coffee shop and that's it. (Needless to say a chunk of the fee constitutes 'tea money' for the hard-working officers of immigration.

The petrol or LPG place opposite ha parking available for 20 baht.

• Like 1

If you can afford to pay between 1000 and 5000 baht depending on the stamp you need on the passport, one of the visa assist services can make the process pretty painless. I just had my annual extension and multiple re-entry done - needed a 2 minute rendezvous with the agent at the immigr coffee shop and that's it. (Needless to say a chunk of the fee constitutes 'tea money' for the hard-working officers of immigration.

Whilst I think the 90 day reporting is good value for 1,000 baht, I would be loathe to pay 5,000 Baht for an annual extension when you can book online and get it done painlessly.

I usually park in the airport car park and walk down to immigration. It saves a lot of hassle and costs between B10 & B20 depending what your doing.

Surely Airport Plaza is just as close and FREE?

Indeed but I discovered when I went last week for my 90-day that Airport Plaza does not open until 10:30 and that they have ropes or tape or something set-up preventing anyone from parking in the underground lot before about 10:25. That's ridiculous - a huge parking structure that can't be used until 10:30.

You can park next door now but it appears to be motorcycle only.

You can park cars there if you get lucky. There are only about 25? spots and out of the last 5 times I have been at Immigration, I got lucky and found a spot there once.

Triffid, would you be willing to share the name of the service you used? I would pay 5k baht for the annual retirement extension and multiple re-entry permit as you described. Definitely. PM is fine if you don't want to post.

Triffid, would you be willing to share the name of the service you used? I would pay 5k baht for the annual retirement extension and multiple re-entry permit as you described. Definitely. PM is fine if you don't want to post.

i shall pm you anon. (The 5000 service fee was of course on top of the official immigration fees for the relevant stamps - filling in forms, doing photos and copies was all included.)

Whilst I think the 90 day reporting is good value for 1,000 baht, I would be loathe to pay 5,000 Baht for an annual extension when you can book online and get it done painlessly.

As the service expressly said they save you not just the pain but also the time; so I'd be interested to know know how long you spent at the office (from arrival there to getting the passport back with the stamp) vs. the virtually no time I needed to.

As the service expressly said they save you not just the pain but also the time; so I'd be interested to know know how long you spent at the office (from arrival there to getting the passport back with the stamp) vs. the virtually no time I needed to.

For me (90 days only) 5 minutes to fill out forms (once only), whilst they make copies. They don't keep your passport, they send you a scanned copy of your next report in your email.......definitely a pain and time saver. I have no idea of the annual renewal.

Edited by uptheos

For me (90 days only) 5 minutes to fill out forms (once only), whilst they make copies. They don't keep your passport, they send you a scanned copy of your next report in your email.......definitely a pain and time saver. I have no idea of the annual renewal.

My post referred specifically to the annual extension and the multiple re-entry - as did part of your comment to it. However your info about the process in the case of the 90 days by online appointment is news to me - and interesting