Cm Immigration Today - Extended A Tourist Visa

roger1999

In case this helps anyone:

1. I arrived at 7:20 AM and went to the back of a long line outside immigration.

2. The door opened at 7:55 AM and the staff started handing out numbers. I was number 61. (This first number is not your final 'service number.')

3. Within 15 minutes or so my number was called. I was asked why I was there. Answer: extending a tourist visa. I was given number 30.

4. The service window for extending tourist visas opened a little after 8:30 AM.

5. My number was called at 9:45. Anyone with number 55 or higher was asked to come back at 1 PM.

6. I got my passport back at 10:40.

The parking lot for the vegetarian restaurant was closed. No access at all. I parked at the gas station across the street from Immigration and was promptly approached by staff asking for 20 baht. Seems reasonable enough.

Edited by roger1999

I did my yearly extension yesterday, did not have an appointment as the all online slot filled months ago, arrived at 10am, finshed at 4pm, the system is not user friendly though the staff are pleasant enough. The real time waster is waiting for a "sen yai" to review all the documents after the officer has stamped and checked everything, they should trust that the officer did it right and issue the extension on the spot. the second review before returning the passport took more than 2 hours.

I did my yearly extension yesterday, did not have an appointment as the all online slot filled months ago, arrived at 10am, finshed at 4pm, the system is not user friendly though the staff are pleasant enough. The real time waster is waiting for a "sen yai" to review all the documents after the officer has stamped and checked everything, they should trust that the officer did it right and issue the extension on the spot. the second review before returning the passport took more than 2 hours.

Considering the person doing the renewal is usually an officer, you would think they could be trusted to get it right.

The real time waster is waiting for a "sen yai" to review all the documents after the officer has stamped and checked everything, they should trust that the officer did it right and issue the extension on the spot. the second review before returning the passport took more than 2 hours.

I remember that from my first extension too as being the longest wait.

Is there any problem with leaving after your interview & coming back the next day or later that day?

Then again I guess it might be more of a hassle to then let them know your back & want your passport back.

Not to mention parking etc.

Considering the person doing the renewal is usually an officer, you would think they could be trusted to get it right.

Actually they're not. The two ladies in the front, the one on the right is a Sgt and the one in the middle is a Senior Sgt Major. Both NCO's. Police Rank

Actually they're not. The two ladies in the front, the one on the right is a Sgt and the one in the middle is a Senior Sgt Major. Both NCO's. Police Rank

Fair enough.....but I'd have thought they would be competent. smile.png

Fair enough.....but I'd have thought they would be competent. smile.png

I'm competent but the boss still has to sign off on my purchase orders. biggrin.png

• Like 1