Pattaya Condo Living Curse: Renovation Noise

sojourner007

Anyway, large building or smaller building each condo will get the noise from only 8 condo around (2 on the sides, 3 on tops and 3 under), when all are renovated except your noisy German neighbour farts nothing should disturb you anymore...

I cant stand it , in soi watboon since I moved in here in February I am still waiting for my first good nights sleep.

Soidogs and karaoke music in the night and then they start construction work (Amazon) as early as 7 AM until 6 PM .

And I am working late on my laptop and then need my 7 hours of sleep in the morning , I have tried ear plugs but its of little help.

So it's been a hell and I just want to sell the condo to relocate.

Edited by balo

Structure-born noise in Thailand's buildings is so bad because they don't use any soft building materials. Floor tiles for example are usually fixed directly on the concrete. Now think floor construction in Europe with layers of polystyrol and floating screed between concrete and tiles, especially when you have floor heating, then it's 10cm thick. That drains a lot of sounds and vibrations.

On the estate I live on, there is really very little noise, just birds. BUT, they have started building a couple more houses, with the Normal noise, which is ok, but Now that the shells are complete, there has been jack hammer noise for three weeks (two weeks ago). It went on through out the whole day. My guess is to what they are doing, is they are making channels for the electric wiring, since they shouldnt be tearing anything out yet, but never know. That could be part of the problem with the condos, with every renovation, new electrical wiring is installed, and with a small jack hammer, that could take a while.