Lost My Passport At Chomtien Immigration Office!

Hi!

OK, this is the guy who helped me out!

Just been to Mr Darren's MCGarry's Office at http://www.keyvisathailand.com/ and picked up my passport and extended Tourist Visa!

He had it already yesterday, but because he got my E-mail wrong he could'nt contact me.

For other guys who wants to use his services and let him do your visa extensions, he told me he will gladly help you, and for a visa extension as in my case he only charge 300 baht, which I think is very well spent money to not have to go through all that mess down at the Immigration Office yourself, you save a lot of stress, sweat and time that's for sure!

Once again thanks Darren for helping me out! ThumbUp6.gif

Plahgat

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Plahgat

Through reading your post, You have saved me a lot of Hassle and Expense.

​i am going top Thailand for 34 days and i did not realize that i needed a visa, so after reading your post, I thought i best check my travel arrangements and just to make sure that i didn't need a visa, On checking up, I found that i did need a visa and just in time due to flying out on Thursday.

Pleased you got sorted.

Malc

I can't understand the actions of some immigration officers, I never had any problems with any officers, but when I went to do my 90 day reporting recently, the officer ask me if my wife was working, I said yes, he then asked me what she did, I told him, he took some time looking at my documents and then said I was on overstay, I knew I wasn't, but I asked him how many days, he said 25, I knew he was wrong but I kept smiling and being pleasant, then I said, "do you want me to pay for my overstay now"?. I knew I did not have enough money with me, he said yes, follow me, I followed him to another place next door, he beckoned me in and said "sit down" I sat down and waited only two mins, then he came, handed me my passport, smiled and said "You come back in ninety days, you can go now"

Whether my wife works or not or what she works at is none of his business, and if anything like that ever happens to me again, I won't be so pleasant, I will demand to see his superior. I just can't help wondering what all this was about. I wonder if the officer was waiting to see if I would pass any money under the table.

Hi Plahgat

Through reading your post, You have saved me a lot of Hassle and Expense.

​i am going top Thailand for 34 days and i did not realize that i needed a visa, so after reading your post, I thought i best check my travel arrangements and just to make sure that i didn't need a visa, On checking up, I found that i did need a visa and just in time due to flying out on Thursday.

Pleased you got sorted.

Malc

Yes, you'd need a visa if you stay more than 30 days!

They'll give you 30 days at airport if you fly in and 15 days if you go via landborder.

Plahgat

Not surprising indeed. Pattaya is getting well know for for 2 things, right after the sex industry...

For the high quality and the honesty of

1 - its jetsky operators

2 - its police departments, that includes immigration...

Maptaphut office is supposed to be not too busy nowadays. Maybe try there if you don't fancy going back to Jomtien.

You should go to the Immigration Office covering the area you live in. If you have a Rayong address then Maptaphut will be your office, Pattaya address then Jomtiem.

can use si racha if you live/stay in the chon buri district, i always use si racha as its a lot quicker and quieter

Nice scam. My nephew's wife had her passport stolen by Immigration in Papua New Guinea where they were supposed to giving her an extension of stay. Apparently they have stolen quite a few passports there and there is nothing you can do except apply for a new one and hope they don't nick that one as well. Maybe Thai Immigration has caught on to this scam.

Things might have been solved already!thumbsup.gif

Thanks to a guy on another forum who personally knows this Immigration officer, my problem is hopefully solved!

He has contacted the officer and according to him he's not angry at me and has asked me to meet him at the office tomorrow,

and has promised to have my passport by then!biggrin.png

Plahgat

That is great to hear.

I know the guy you mean and have seen him give attitude a few times myself... although I must say some people are rude to him too.

Sounds like he found it when he picked his newspaper up!

I read what happened later and am sceptical, as are many here, of what he told you.

Nevertheless, all is well that ends well.

Edited by jacko45k

What a nightmare. Glad all seems ok now.

It is all about face.

Always remember that a foreigner is a guest in Thailand.

When there is a dispute with a Thai, always say that you are wrong.

Thai people are never wrong against a foreigner

Better to have said

"I came in here with my passport but now I don't have it,

I must have dropped it on the floor somewhere."

This is a lie but never mind.

It will convey the information and nobody loses face.

Don't accuse the Thai of losing your passport.

That is great to hear.

I know the guy you mean and have seen him give attitude a few times myself... although I must say some people are rude to him too.

Sounds like he found it when he picked his newspaper up!

I read what happened later and am sceptical, as are many here, of what he told you.

Nevertheless, all is well that ends well.

It's hard to make excuses for this infamous "information guy". It doesn't matter how polite you try to be, you will always be responded to abruptly, rudely or ignored.

I would be happy to witness people responding to him in kind, however I wouldn't volunteering. They wield too much authority over us, the guests.

Edited by tropo

If you go to Chonburi Immigration with all the correct documents, which you have processed and then leave straight away, you are ok. The problem arises when you have a question to ask them. They either don't understand what you're saying or they don't know the answer, either way they'll just start shouting at you and pointing to the exit. I know, I've experienced it first-hand once or twice. Being well-mannered towards them and dressing politely makes not the slightest difference. Now, if there's something I'm not 100% sure of, I scour the forums and ask around fellow expats so that I'm forearmed before I set foot in the building. If all else fails, the private visa offices will let you have the info for a few baht I'm sure.