Russian Tourist Murdered At Pattaya Hotel

webfact

Top Police Brass Get Involved In Russian’s Death
PATTAYA:--The unsolved death of a 40-year-old Russian in his Soi Buakhao hotel room has prompted the Deputy Commisioner to investigate the case. The CCTV footage showed two Thai women had visited the victim’s room separately. Police questioned one woman and are seeking the other.

PATTAYA – March 6, 2013 [PDN]; at 5 p.m., a meeting was called at the Pattaya police station by Pol. Maj. Gen. Niwat Rattanatharmmawat, Deputy Commissioner, section 2. He summoned Pol. Col. Suwan Cheawnawinthawat, Superintendent; and the related investigation and detective police teams.

He called the meeting to ask for all details of the case where a Russian engineer had apparently been strangled by a belt. The incident took place during the early morning hours in a 2nd-floor room at the Sutus Court hotel on Soi Buakhao. The victim was identified as Mr. Andrei Komapob, age 40, engineer and executive of an architecture company in Saint Petersburg

The police also brought in a 30-year-old Thai woman for questioning. She was identified by CCTV footage as one of two Thai females entering the victim’s room in the days before his death. Police questioned her for about an hour, and then released her. They did not reveal any information about her.

Police are still seeking the other Thai woman who seen entering and leaving the victim’s room twice on the night of his death. The Thai woman was identified as Ms. Thanyanan Arj-euam, age 37, address 38 Moo 7 Tambon Thavorn, Amphur Chalermphrakiet, Buriram province.
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/03/07/top-police-brass-get-involved-in-russian%E2%80%99s-death/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-03-07

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My former business partner married this woman from Buriram. She was always casting voodoo spells on people she didn't like. The last lady to visit this guy was from Buriram. Maybe this is what happened to him. A spell was casted and he went crazy thus committing suicide.

• Like 1

I am assuming this happened in Sutus Court. Because unlike the experts on here speculating I am staying here. For hours they sealed the area off and a team of Police with masks, gloves and other CSI like devices where here and an ambulance was here for a very long time. The wing the body was in can be accessed from Soi Lengkee without reception knowing quite easily. So I saw a team of professional looking investigators, Police, medical crew and whatever and some concerned looking staff. But of course to some wannabees on here everyone has screwed the pooch. The lady on the front desk is painfully efficient and I doubt the wind can get past without her knowing what room it is heading but that wing used to be part of Opey De Place but there are a lot of CCTV cameras about. So let the Police do what they can without sniping at all concerned.

Amazing and finally a post on ThaiVisa that makes sense

The Moderators should pin this in the gold section.

looks like a sizeable, fit man...attachicon.gifrussianpats.jpeg

It is one thing for the police to use the media to assist in solving this crime. However, photographs like this and other information about the murder released in the public domain may well only hinder the investigation.

Say a suspect is arrested, and in his interview he says "We had a fight in his room, and bottles of water were smashed. He was bare-chested. I removed his belt, strangled him, and left him face-up in the hallway near the door."

The case finally gets to court and the suspect pleads not guilty.

Police Prosecutor "He must have done it, because what he admitted to doing matches the physical evidence left at the crime scene."

Defence Solicitor "He admitted it because the police forced him to, and he only knows what the crime scene looked like because he saw the photographs."

This is why police in the Western World are very guarded about what info the public can get hold of.

jackspratt, on 07 Mar 2013 - 07:33, said:

davejones, on 06 Mar 2013 - 22:53, said:

I just heard that ThaiVisa is changing its name to ArmchairDetective. Thailand could save a lot of money by sacking the police and employing you lot. You manage to solve any crime within minutes. Lack of any evidence is no problem to you lot either.

BINGO!

EyesWideOpen, on 07 Mar 2013 - 00:05, said:

I suspect there will be a lot of pressure on the police to solve this case due to the Russian angle. After some serious crimes on Russians in the last couple of months, there was a crackdown on crime for a month to reassure tourists from the Russian market. So this crime will not go down well...

Using a bit of deductive reasoning, I am going to guess it was another Russian. The front desk person said he took home a girl every night, so that somewhat rules out a lady boy gone berserk. Also he appears to be a very strong man who most likely would put up a hell of a fight. Had it been a group of Thai men, he either would have had a LOT of bruising all over his body from being beaten by hard instruments by multiple assailants, or he would have been stabbed.

So I am going to go with a one on one fight with a very powerful man who overwhelmed the deceased. The wallet missing is interesting, so this was either a robbery, or the crime was committed for another reason and the stolen wallet was a cover. I am sure the police will release some kind of statement in a few days after they review the CCTV foot

age.

Rather sad really. sad.png

Save your misplaced sympathy for yourself.... :-)

No, no ......... I insist .......... you are far more deserving.

Another 'tourist' finding his demise in sin city. I guess it makes headlines... Lucky I suppose one of the bar fly's did not end up the same way. Who knows what went down, it's all speculation - could simply be he didn't pay for a girl and she returned with her Thai pimp/boyfriend who exacted revenge. Was there no balcony?

may be there was a balcony, but he was not drunk to "jump"

one thing in the OP i find little strange is that he was bleeding from eyes, strangled people do not bleed from eyes

When it comes to spurious speculation I am all for balcony theories, I think they are probably number 1 favorite, 9 in 10 claim they are the best

Considering that someone died and a few of you are bickering like school girls, it does make you look silly, about as silly as seeing grandfatherly westerners strolling the boardwalk in tourist police uniforms.

Its sad to see tourists coming here only to die for reasons other than natural causes.

Agreed

My former business partner married this woman from Buriram. She was always casting voodoo spells on people she didn't like. The last lady to visit this guy was from Buriram. Maybe this is what happened to him. A spell was casted and he went crazy thus committing suicide.

Pimay - time to put the cork back in the bottle.

Good of the police to give out Thai ladies addresses though:-

The Thai woman was identified as Ms. Thanyanan Arj-euam, age 37, address

38 Moo 7 Tambon Thavorn, Amphur Chalermphrakiet, Buriram province.

This is my neighbouring village, I might just pop round on the off chance.

Pimay - time to put the cork back in the bottle.

Good of the police to give out Thai ladies addresses though:-

The Thai woman was identified as Ms. Thanyanan Arj-euam, age 37, address

38 Moo 7 Tambon Thavorn, Amphur Chalermphrakiet, Buriram province.

This is my neighbouring village, I might just pop round on the off chance.

No bottle here my friend.

UPDATE

Police now suspect suicide in Russian Death case

police-11.jpg
PATTAYA:--The woman who is believed to have been the last person to see the 39 year old Russian alive in his Central Pattaya Hotel Room on Tuesday has now been located and was taken to Chonburi Police Headquarters for questioning, on Friday.

A Group from the Pattaya Press Association were also at Police HQ on Friday to discuss the case with The Region 2 Police Commissioner. A letter clarifying their position and some problems they were experiencing with Pattaya Officers with regards to reporting the story was presented to the Commissioner who will look into the matter.

Khun Tanya aged 37 spoke with us prior to being interviewed by Police and suggested that suicide was the more likely cause of death as she had been with the victim, Mr. Andrei Komarov aged 39, since the 18th February. She claimed he was preparing to leave for Russia on 25th March but was low on money. He met Khun Tanya in a Pattaya Bar but was unable to compensate her for her time. Despite this she was happy to look after him in exchange for food and drink.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/78254/police-suspect-suicide-russian-death-case/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-03-09

UPDATE

police-11.jpg

PATTAYA:--The woman who is believed to have been the last person to see the 39 year old Russian alive in his Central Pattaya Hotel Room on Tuesday has now been located and was taken to Chonburi Police Headquarters for questioning, on Friday.

A Group from the Pattaya Press Association were also at Police HQ on Friday to discuss the case with The Region 2 Police Commissioner. A letter clarifying their position and some problems they were experiencing with Pattaya Officers with regards to reporting the story was presented to the Commissioner who will look into the matter.

Khun Tanya aged 37 spoke with us prior to being interviewed by Police and suggested that suicide was the more likely cause of death as she had been with the victim, Mr. Andrei Komarov aged 39, since the 18th February. She claimed he was preparing to leave for Russia on 25th March but was low on money. He met Khun Tanya in a Pattaya Bar but was unable to compensate her for her time. Despite this she was happy to look after him in exchange for food and drink.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/78254/police-suspect-suicide-russian-death-case/

pattaya-one.jpg

Reminds me of a Thai super model suicide a year or so ago.

She committed suicide, first she took a bottle of sleeping pills and then woke up and shot herself in the head, TWICE. I guess she wanted to make sure she was dead.

This case is starting to sound familiar, after long investigation they have arrived at conclusion of suicide.

So first he smashed the bottle, then strangled himself and after passing out, he removed the belt from around his neck and placed it by the bed.

Edited by lemoncake

UPDATE

police-11.jpg

pattaya-one.jpg

She committed suicide, first she took a bottle of sleeping pills and then woke up and shot herself in the head, TWICE. I guess she wanted to make sure she was dead.

This case is starting to sound familiar, after long investigation they have arrived at conclusion of suicide.

So first he smashed the bottle, then strangled himself and after passing out, he removed the belt from around his neck and placed it by the bed.

Yep I have to agree.. Khun Tanya was released after questioning so apparently she did not kill him. Initial police reports indicated the there was a violent struggle in the room, with blood on the floor and walls. If he died after she left then his wallet would have still been in the room. If he had committed suicide by hanging himself with his belt, he would have been found hanging, not laying flat on the floor near the door. Or at least the belt would have been still hanging by whatever it would have been attached to, instead of being found on the dresser.None of this makes sense, and apparently does not really have to. The police just imply suicide, and the case is closed.

This case reminds of a case in Pattaya of a couple of Korean girls found on the beach in Koh Lan, handcuffed together with their heads bashed in. Police conclusion ????? Clearly a suicide.....lol..

Edited by EyesWideOpen

UPDATE

police-11.jpg

pattaya-one.jpg

Yep I have to agree.. Khun Tanya was released after questioning so apparently she did not kill him. Initial police reports indicated the there was a violent struggle in the room, with blood on the floor and walls. If he died after she left then his wallet would have still been in the room. If he had committed suicide by hanging himself with his belt, he would have been found hanging, not laying flat on the floor near the door. Or at least the belt would have been still hanging by whatever it would have been attached to, instead of being found on the dresser.None of this makes sense, and apparently does not really have to. The police just imply suicide, and the case is closed.

This case reminds of a case in Pattaya of a couple of Korean girls found on the beach in Koh Lan, handcuffed together with their heads bashed in. Police conclusion ????? Clearly a suicide.....lol..

Clearly, just as guy found hanging with bag over his head and hands tied being his back-a suicide.

And my old time favorite, found a guy with a gun shot wound to the back of the head-naturally it was a suicide.

For the Russian sake and his family, i hope Russian embassy will not allow them to close it with a suicide nonsense note.

Edited by lemoncake

Please, guys. Thailand is no place to apply logic and reason to anything that happens. Doing so only confuses and confounds those whose higher cognitive skills are not yet impaired by the daily immersion into Thai culture. Once you reach the point where nothing shocks or surprises you anymore, you know that you are well on your way to social integration.