Teachers' Salaries: Thais' And Asians' Up, Nes' Unchanged

What's up? For years, the school has been offering 27.5 k as entry level salary for new hires. OTOH, Philippinas' salaries were increased from 13 k to 20 k.

And Thai teachers' wages rose dramatically as well. (No kidding, the new minimum wage law has affected quite a few).

Just heard how some applicants laughed and walked out, hearing how "much" they would be earning.

Do you know the entry salaries at your school?

Have your school's entry level salaries gone up? What about other groups of teachers?

Just wondering.

Still 35k entry level salary at my school, with an extra 1k when you sign on for your second year (unfortunately no bonus for a 3rd year though sad.png )

Our Chinese teachers are still unchanged at 18k (Not sure if they go up after the first year, as they usually just stay for 1 year while they wait for their graduation ceremony).

But then, my school is quite far in the countryside, so they have learnt that they need to offer a good package if they want to retain their NES staff. I think that they previously didn't offer such a competitive package, as when I arrived (2 years ago) they'd just lost all of their NES staff and so raised the salary to ensure we would stick around (And I think all 4 of us will be staying for the next academic year, so their plan is working well so far lol)

• Like 1

I don't know what the Thai teachers get, but they did get a raise.

The Filipino teachers have gone from 13K to 19K. NES have gone from 35K to 38K.

There is some variation depending on whether the school provides housing or not.

Still 35k entry level salary at my school, with an extra 1k when you sign on for your second year (unfortunately no bonus for a 3rd year though sad.png )

Our Chinese teachers are still unchanged at 18k (Not sure if they go up after the first year, as they usually just stay for 1 year while they wait for their graduation ceremony).

But then, my school is quite far in the countryside, so they have learnt that they need to offer a good package if they want to retain their NES staff. I think that they previously didn't offer such a competitive package, as when I arrived (2 years ago) they'd just lost all of their NES staff and so raised the salary to ensure we would stick around (And I think all 4 of us will be staying for the next academic year, so their plan is working well so far lol)

Hmm.. I wish my school out in the middle of nowhere would also pay me more! Although...I am the first NES teacher they've ever had...so they haven't had time to learn their lesson yet. Give it a couple years I guess....

And yes, it does seem that the salary for NES teacher's is not going up, but it is for the local/filipino teacher's. At another school I worked at, they raise the Filipino teacher's salary from 18,000 to 20,000 baht. They claimed they couldn't afford me for another year. rolleyes.gif Oh well, good riddance I guess! How many years, I wonder, until they raise NES teacher's salaries...if ever?!?

Chinese teachers also get paid by their government. Usually around 20,000 baht.