Where To Buy Fold Out Bed?

mrireland

Looking for a decent foldout bed, a friend is coming to stay for a few days and going to need an extra bed. Any idea what the price range would be, i'm guessing $50-80 for a decent one? I would prefer somewhere that delivers as i dont fancy carrying one on my scooter.

Edited by onthedarkside
PM sent

Mackro had some a few months ago for around B3,500 .I have not seen them lately though .

Thanks ill give them a try, maybe if they dont have them they can order them in, sounds like it will be more difficult to find than i thought, i guess a blowup mattress might suffice either if anyone knows where you could get one of those, would be easier to transport too.

Mackro had some a few months ago for around B3,500 .I have not seen them lately though .

Thanks ill give them a try, maybe if they dont have them they can order them in, sounds like it will be more difficult to find than i thought, i guess a blowup mattress might suffice either if anyone knows where you could get one of those, would be easier to transport too.

Last year we were looking for one and gave up. Found some at Index also, but they cost far more than the above mentioned B3500 and were a poor design that looked like it would be difficult to sleep on. I suspect that if you want a quality sleeper-sofa it's going to be an expensive item. In the end, we gave up on the idea of buying one. Edited by AngelsLariat

In the photo below is an example of the type of sofa bed that Tesco Lotus sells. They may have cheaper ones as well, but all that we saw there were of a similar design. Basically its neither a sofa nor a bed, its more like a table with cushions and the way that it turns into the bed is to fold down the back rather than to pull out the front. I suppose that would be good enough for a visiting friend to crash on if that's the only purpose that it needs to serve.

In the West, places like Ikea sell convertible sofa beds that look more like "living room" quality sofas that have a box spring that stores under the seating area (when being used as a sofa) and pulls out into a bed. I'm sure that they would me many times more expensive than the budget proposed in the original post though. That's actually what we were looking for though, as we expect to need to use it as a bed only a few times per year but if it was good enough to use as a living room sofa the rest of the time then it would be worth some extra money to us. We never did find one though.

post-134271-0-09612200-1362625597_thumb.

Edited by AngelsLariat