M & G Restaurant Doi Saket

market trader

2 weeks ago we decided to try and find this restaurant which a few people had recommended to us..Thanks to GPS we found it. Acutally only 6km's from our house in Bosang. But believe me you travel on winding roads into what seems to be the middle of nowhere. We had a very nice meal and considering where it is located there were actually 10 other people ( all Thais) in addition to us eating what is definitely western food.

The waiter told us that on Sundays from 10am - 2 pm they had a buffet for 200 bahts per person. He also told us if we were more than 2 people we should make a reservation..I figured he was joking. When you add all the little rooms they probably have seating for 150- 200 people.

So the following Sunday we went to try it. Much to our surprise the waiter wasn't joking there was at least 125 people there at 11.30 am. It is not really a buffet more like a set menu meal. The wait staff bring 4 or 5 various dishes to your table. The buffet tables have salad items, sausages and bread.

The next Sunday we went back again at 11.30 am. What a shock the place was packed. Must have been 100 cars in the parking lot. 90% of the clients were Thais. Tells me that Thai people are developing a taste for western food.

I would rate the food as average or slightly above. If you decide to go use GPS because without it I can only wish you good luck in finding the place.

If you decide to go use GPS because without it I can only wish you good luck in finding the place

How about sharing the GPS coordinates then.

Here it is

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=204797698813594799528.0004b8fdf6331948a49fb&msa=0&ll=18.789968,99.045525&spn=0.150162,0.308647

I rate it as the best German pork extravaganza in Thailand.

If you like German sausage or roast pork, not to be missed.

Thanks all, a good reminder to finally track Gunther's GM Restaurant down.

Heard nothing but good things about Gunther's and having been stationed in Germany for several years, I really do need to experience good German cooking once again.

Thanks again.