Petition For Decent (Or No) Gym Music

raro

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I train regularly at a Gym in Pattaya, our name and shame policy forbids me to mention its name. They play day in day out the same kind of music that prevents me from going to most gogo bars, it goes like ntzzz-ntzzz-ntzzz -yeehooyeehoo-ntzz-ntzz....basically what sound like a car alarm with drum machine. Displeased with their choice of music (and I use this term loosely) I bring music on my phone and listen to it over my headset. Unfortunately, sometimes the music provided by the gym is so loud that I can hardly hear my own music even on max volume.

Incident #1: A while ago I came to the gym and mumbled something to myself like....oh <deleted>, forgot my headset. One of the Thai trainers overheard it and gave me an earful that THIS IS GYM MUSIC and if I do not like it I can train elsewhere. Didn't go for a while.

Incident #2: Last week the music was incredibly loud so I went to the counter and asked them whether they can tun it down. I get referred to the "boss", a Thai lady who tells me, yes, that THIS IS GYM MUSIC and that I am the only one who complains. At least, she turned it down a bit.

Incident #3: today again I couldn't hear my own choice of music on my headset (or say the underlying ntzzz-ntzzz-ntzzz made it unbearable to listen to it) and the staff told me that the "boss" has put the music on and that they cannot (or presumably are not allowed to) change it. I told her that she lost a customer and went home. She seemed to be rather unimpressed about that.

Now I cannot believe that I am the only one who cannot stand this "gym music" (aka gogo bar music), hence this poll. Shall I be proven wrong, I will do Thai Chi next...

Thanks for voting.

raro

Well, since this thread is about music, I'll put forward the first track. Hope we get some more good tunes. biggrin.png

these guys are fantastic! There is good stuff coming from Bavaria....

OK, not exactly a string quartet, but a track for warming up before the full-contact sessions.

(Sorry P'B not a bra's brass band this time!)

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

You forgot "My poll is stupid and electro is the only acceptable music at the gym"

How old are you not to be able to acccept electo music few hours a week ? So weird.

Luckily we have music, I don't want to hear all the tropos shouting when using the machines :-)

Edited by Fgis

I am of a era that would include "Little Richard's the girl can't help it" and Z.Z. Top's "La Grange" Stevie Ray Vaughn's 'Pride and Joy.As well as music probably to obscure to mention here such as the Juke Jumpers and Duke Robilard. Since I burn my own CD's before that compiled my own music cassettes. All solid work out music by my standards. People where I work out either like my choice of music or are very polite, when working out. I have only had a couple of discussions, when people removed my C.D's. I convinced them to be patient. Who knows maybe it is the way I look? The real trick is having access to the CD player.

I have to have some kind of fast music at a gym. I prefer any dance club music that gets the heart thumping but I know everyone has their own kind of preference in music so I think now days it is only fair to play NO music in a gym and just expect everyone to have their own headphones plugged into their i-Phone, mp3 player, or whatever and listen to what they want to hear... classical, to rock oldies, to pop. Loud or soft.